over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Using a 5x5 in bulking phase??

trueloveisheavy

Registered
Hey guys,do you believe using a 5x5 program like Madcow would be effective for bodybuilding purposes during a growth phase? Thanks

Could be with the right diet and super supps. Any pyrogram that involves squat and dead lift and is focused on getting strength up can add good mass. Might be better programs for your goals but this is a very valid option imo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man. I always lift heavy on my compounds at the beginning of my workout anyway. But I am getting bored and ready for a change just want to be sure thIs would work for someone bodybuilding oriented instead of powerlifting.

I think its fine for compounds. I like to add in some higher rep range for isolation exercises to make sure I'm hitting fast and slow twitch muscle fibers in all my lifts to squeeze out all the potential growth I can.

Hey epoxy,that's the same way I've been training and it works very well but like I said I'm just have gotten bored with it! Now it's like going threw the motions so I want something different to make it exciting again!

my second year of lifting I did a 5x5 routine and my strength gains were great. put on a lean 10lbs within 4 months too. diet wasn't good since I didn't know how much I needed to eat at the time..hadn't used aas either. Id image with gear and nutrition on point gains would be great. I did some isolation movements at the time for my problem areas.

5x5 is a program you don't want to be on for too long or it will ruin your joints. I would recommend going for 4 weeks max then switching to higher reps to save your joints.

I used the original reg park 5x5 for a long time with good results although to be honest I now prefer big beyond belief rep ranges between 8-15 and seem to get better hypertrophy response going heavy as I can in this rep range

Thank for all the info! I'm going check out the big beyond belief program,I found one last night I like its by Layne Norton. It has two power days an upper and lower,rest then three hypertrophy days like legs,back and shoulders,chest and arms and another rest day. Any of you have experience with this??

First set 5-8

Second set 8-12

Third set 12-15

Drop 20% each set, 30-secs to 1 minute in between, don't move up first set until you can complete all 3 at top rep range.

Full body, one compound per major group, repeat every 2 days.

This is much the same concept as DC but more frequent. You get a heavy first set and then higher rep sets to fatigue the muscle.

I've always hated 5x5, to many sets, too much waiting around. I sit on a bench for a minute I feel I've been there an hour.

Thank for all the info! I'm going check out the big beyond belief program,I found one last night I like its by Layne Norton. It has two power days an upper and lower,rest then three hypertrophy days like legs,back and shoulders,chest and arms and another rest day. Any of you have experience with this??

Not sure how Advanced you are but have you looked into dc training. It's pretty brutal and needs lots of food for recovery. I squat twice a week dc style and strength going up real quick and growth is very good. Basically I do a weight for 6 to 8 reps to failure wait about 6 minutes drop 40kg of the bar and do a set of 20. Every session you add 2.5kg to the bar. If you fail the before 6 and 20 re attempt next session. Haven't failed yet but it's getting fucking hard. Will probably try the whole dc routine next year. Just wanted to experiment with it for legs for now and was keen to get squat numbers up.

First set 5-8

Second set 8-12

Third set 12-15

Drop 20% each set, 30-secs to 1 minute in between, don't move up first set until you can complete all 3 at top rep range.

Full body, one compound per major group, repeat every 2 days.

This is much the same concept as DC but more frequent. You get a heavy first set and then higher rep sets to fatigue the muscle.

I've always hated 5x5, to many sets, too much waiting around. I sit on a bench for a minute I feel I've been there an hour.

This sounds very good. Due to my shift paten not really suitable for me but looks like a real solid program

Not sure how Advanced you are but have you looked into dc training. It's pretty brutal and needs lots of food for recovery. I squat twice a week dc style and strength going up real quick and growth is very good. Basically I do a weight for 6 to 8 reps to failure wait about 6 minutes drop 40kg of the bar and do a set of 20. Every session you add 2.5kg to the bar. If you fail the before 6 and 20 re attempt next session. Haven't failed yet but it's getting fucking hard. Will probably try the whole dc routine next year. Just wanted to experiment with it for legs for now and was keen to get squat numbers up.

I haven't tried DC yet,though I want to. I joined intense muscle and started reading the stickies trying to figure it out.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws