over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

using glucometer pre contest whIle carb loading

brewu4

Registered
you guys play with with this? my coach has me only eating carbs the day before my show if blood sugar is under 100. I would think you could keep pushing carbs in the 110-115 range or so without spilling over based off listening to justin Harris and Scooby

I dont know much about it only over 100 is getting higher right?

More than likely a useful tool like the scale but the mirror is your best friend when it comes to seeing how you look

well.....how does the mirror look...????

the ONLY reason for this would be you are behind.....

have pics...??? how far out is the day....???

:cool:

lol definitely not behind I am on point for this should get the overall nod in classic division. I'm shredded if slightly flat right now but for me flat is not really very flat

I have heard Theobald talk about how he kept loading carbs the night before until he was at 120 after eating. justin Harris seemed to follow a similar strategy of preventing a spill over while maximizing the amount of carbs your body can process at once.

interesting concept , I'd never through about monitoring your BG while carb loading.

So is the idea that if you eat to many carbs at once and really raise your blood glucose that you will "spill over" even if you are totally depleted??

i was under the impression that once a 200 pound stage ready man was fully depleted that it would take 600-900g carbs to replace the glucose deficit and it was until you got that high when spill over would occur?

what if you used insulin to carb load??
seems that you could keep your blood sugar low while eating more carbs , possibly loading up faster.??

interesting concept , I'd never through about monitoring your BG while carb loading.

So is the idea that if you eat to many carbs at once and really raise your blood glucose that you will "spill over" even if you are totally depleted??

i was under the impression that once a 200 pound stage ready man was fully depleted that it would take 600-900g carbs to replace the glucose deficit and it was until you got that high when spill over would occur?

what if you used insulin to carb load??
seems that you could keep your blood sugar low while eating more carbs , possibly loading up faster.??

yes insulin and metformin both allow for more carbs uptake.

I don't know the physiology but I canthink imagine eating 700 grams of carbs at once and not looking soft. I think the focus is getting the carbs stored as glycogen faster rather than sitting in the bloodstream as glucose where you have a chance to spill over. I have noticed that when super depleted I can eat a burger and fries and barely go over 100

yes insulin and metformin both allow for more carbs uptake.

I don't know the physiology but I canthink imagine eating 700 grams of carbs at once and not looking soft. I think the focus is getting the carbs stored as glycogen faster rather than sitting in the bloodstream as glucose where you have a chance to spill over. I have noticed that when super depleted I can eat a burger and fries and barely go over 100

That makes perfect sense.

It takes me a long time to fill up and its not predictable so i carb up on Monday and Tuesday that way i can fill up , spill over and then all i have to deal with is the water. I've fucked up a hand full of times trying to carb up friday night and Saturday morning , either looking flat from nt getting enough water to load then looking great sunday or being soft from to much water.

Its things like this that make me advocate using a prep coach , 95% of the time what we are looking at in the mirror is a skewed perception of whats really there and we do something stupid.

Definitely follow the plan your coach has laid out. However Justin Harris has discussed your question in quite a bit of detail on the Gear'd Up podcast, which it sounds like you have already listened to. Episode 43 or 115; he's on both episodes so give them a listen.

That's just over complicating things, go by the mirror and how you feel.

What if you eat one meal and your blood sugar stays over 100 for 5 hours? Not saying that is likely but when you are dehydrated blood sugar will be higher

i was thinking of getting a meter to experiment, see if using apple cider vinegar and/or alpha lipoic acid really did what they're touted to do.
check my blood sugar with and without for a few days to see.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws