advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Using strong orals during workout days only to increase progressive overload.

I don’t understand the “only take it on workout days”

it doesn’t work that way..
and I agree, I have never felt any "boost" after oralas before training or even the base test - some preworkout gives a better kick.

Orals must take at least 7-10 days to start feeling the strength gains

and I agree, I have never felt any "boost" after oralas before training or even the base test - some preworkout gives a better kick.

Orals must take at least 7-10 days to start feeling the strength gains

Me neither. I think it's more of a placebo effect.

The effects on workout strength have a lot to do with how much androgens you have in you already. If you're on a lot it's not noticeable since you are already getting the strength boost.

The effects on workout strength have a lot to do with how much androgens you have in you already. If you're on a lot it's not noticeable since you are already getting the strength boost.
This, it's annoying that people speak in absolutes on this subject.

Every thread goes the same, a bunch of guys saying they get a lot out of low dose and/or pre workout only orals, and then a bunch of guys (usually bigger veterans) semi-condescendingly telling them they're wrong and it's all placebo.

This, it's annoying that people speak in absolutes on this subject.

Every thread goes the same, a bunch of guys saying they get a lot out of low dose and/or pre workout only orals, and then a bunch of guys (usually bigger veterans) semi-condescendingly telling them they're wrong and it's all placebo.

It's not a static situation. The more you're on, or the longer you're on, the less you feel. If it for you than do it. There's a lot of older powerlifters on TRT plus an little extra, doing drol pre workout at my gym. It work for them. But if you're on grams of gear you'll probably not feel a boost. No one is right or wrong. It's based on where they're at, at the moment.

Many of us only workout 3-4 days per week. Likewise, most of us feel lethargic and develop high blood pressure within just a few days of taking strong orals like (anadrol, superdrol, and dbol) every day. Therefore, it makes sense to take strong orals only on workout days (e.g., MWF) a couple of hours pre workout to increase progressive overload—which leads to muscle hypertrophy. If we can lift heavier loads due to the extra cellular water in our muscles from taking orals on just MWF—then it will build more muscle over time. After all, we build the most muscles when we first start training because it’s when we make the most strength gains.
John Oregan was my coach for a a couple years before he passed away. He ALWAYS had me do my orals on workout days only. In the offseason he Had me use Adrol and use it about 45 minutes pre workout. It worked extremely well for me.

When utilizing orals - I have done so purely pre-workout or pre-testing.

Anavar 50mg
Push Ups 89 to 122
Pull Ups 19 to 23
Sit Ups 73 to 84
Mile 5:54 to 6:34

Tbol 40mg
Push Ups 89 to 112
Pull Ups 19 to 21
Sit Ups 73 to 77
Mile 5:54 to 6:17

Numbers from April of this year. Tested w/out orals on a Friday, anavar administration on Monday two days off T-bol administration on Thursday.
@bigzzz

From our convo mate

how many days /weeks had you been taking each compound (var etc) intermittently, workout days, in total before these tests were initiated on yourself?
In all sincerity it really varies. Typically I’m doing durability work 4-5 times per week and will utilize for each session.

This quarter however it’s been 3-4x per week.

For testing it’s usually a normal week, active recovery Saturday then full off Sunday then testing/administration of whatever task Monday.

more drugs always makes you more stronger. lol
no revelation here.

Not true. There is a point of diminishing returns and even counterproductivity.

If i take 150mg of anadrol, i will feel so lethargic and toxic that whatever CNS boost i get from it will be negated.

Different for each individual.

It can and does have an effect. Androgen stimulate the CNS. Call it mind/muscle or mental focus - whatever. Probably enough half life that eod or 4x a week dosing will add to a cycle as well other than just better workouts.

That said, I don't think it's the best tool available if CNS drive for progressive overload is the main goal. Stims and other stuff to keep you going would probably be first line purely for this purpose. If you combine with Stims, probably helps as it's another channel and then if you added the main effect of the drug too (albeit suboptimal dosed for said purpose) more accretive still. I'd also add that if you just happen to like a drug and feel good on it - that mental reinforcement will help a lot (kind of a believe it to achieve it thing).

Do what works for you. I have no issues with orals so while I get the CNS stim benefits, I run them Ed over a period. I use pre workout to get better workouts.

Do what works for you. I have no issues with orals so while I get the CNS stim benefits, I run them Ed over a period. I use pre workout to get better workouts.
I think the other way to view is that rather than saying "is this the best thing for pre-workout" (which it may not be as you state), is to look at it as "if I'm going to take it for its overall anabolic benefits, when will I get the most bang for my buck".

In which case, PWO is arguably the right answer even if it's not the best PWO compound per se.

I think the other way to view is that rather than saying "is this the best thing for pre-workout" (which it may not be as you state), is to look at it as "if I'm going to take it for its overall anabolic benefits, when will I get the most bang for my buck".

In which case, PWO is arguably the right answer even if it's not the best PWO compound per se.

Totally valid and good point. In fact if I'm using an oral I do generally take a dose pre workout. I don't live/die by the need to do it at that time but I try to make it work.

So I thought this was nice to add to this thread:

Experimented with Tbol(60mg) an hour pre-workout for the last 2 weeks. This in combination with 500mg test-e and 200mg EQ per week.

Apart from adding the Tbol nothing has changed, and the last 2 weeks I have PR'd on pretty much everything in my training. For me, Tbol pre-workout for sure is not placebo.

For what it is worth.

Experimented with Tbol(60mg) an hour pre-workout for the last 2 weeks. This in combination with 500mg test-e and 200mg EQ per week.

Apart from adding the Tbol nothing has changed, and the last 2 weeks I have PR'd on pretty much everything in my training. For me, Tbol pre-workout for sure is not placebo.

For what it is worth.
but do you use T-bol every training day or only 1-2 times a week? if you do it at least 4-5 times a week, it's no wonder that your strength has increased because the agent builds concentration in the body and increases the overall anabolic load. I believe that you would achieve a very similar effect by increasing for example the dose of testosterone but it would take longer due to esterification so more time would be needed to build concentration unless you used for example something fast-acting like NPP or test propionate

but do you use T-bol every training day or only 1-2 times a week? if you do it at least 4-5 times a week, it's no wonder that your strength has increased because the agent builds concentration in the body and increases the overall anabolic load. I believe that you would achieve a very similar effect by increasing for example the dose of testosterone but it would take longer due to esterification so more time would be needed to build concentration unless you used for example something fast-acting like NPP or test propionate
Hi Luki,

I take it 4 times per week(those are my training days). I see what you are saying, but I noticed a pretty big strength increase already in the first week of using it. I think you are right about the testosterone part, but this is just more of a drastic increase in strength which gives motivation.

For what it is worth.
200mg EQ? Do you actually get any effect at all from that super low dose?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear