advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Using topical Lidocaine before IM injections?

hre462

Newbies
I was wondering if anyone has experience with topical lidocaine? I've never done IM injections and am thinking about trying out L-Carnitine... I just really don't like needles and injections.

I'm worried that there are some dangers in using lidocaine cream before hand though. Will it numb enough to where I could hit a nerve, or do you think I could still feel that?

Any help or ideas on this topic would be great!

L-Carnitine injections shouldn't cause you any pain at all... so really, no need for using lidocaine. :)

From what I've read, topical lidocaine just numbs the exterior part of the skin, so the only numbing would be the very initial poke of the pin. That isn't the only part of an injection that is discomforting though, more often than not (for me anyway) the poke never hurts, but clipping a vein or nerve once I get deeper is where the potential pain is. After your first few shots, you will just consider it mildly discomforting at the most IMO.

Lidocaine is so ineffective as a topical pain killer that even tattoo artists have told me that it really does nothing for tattoo pain, which is not very deep at all. My last artist said they only use it for girls that are getting little tats and want the psychological comfort of thinking they are numbing the area being worked on. He said it doesn't really do anything for pain other than that very exterior most topical layer, which is only part of the skin that the needle penetrates.

You most definitely will still feel nerves in things deeper into the injection, the lidocaine just cannot penetrate that deep as a topical.

injections dont hurt
! dont be a puss. get it out of your head

I just really don't like needles and injections.

Who does??..lol. if you can't tolerate it you're in the wrong game my friend...

Not sure if you've tried slin pins but it makes pinning much more bearable... if you're lean enough you can use em', if you're a fat ass you shouldn't be pinning anyway.

I did not like injections at first either. I have done it so much now that the only time I feel any discomfort is if I hit a nerve. I only pin delts, pecs and glutes. Pecs actually being favored because i can look down and see where I am going. Good luck.

I agree with mytreefiddy - drop the lidocaine idea and buy yourself some insulin syringes. The pin itself is nothing, it's the bad gear with crippling PIP that you should be worried about avoiding!

Puss. Slam that pin in your quad, then jam on the plunger!

Last edited:
You should take some lidocaine before you go lift at Planet Fitness you pussy. LOL bro but seriously no. Just fucking jab that pin in and push the plunger.

Use a 1 inch 23g needle or a 5/8th.

You guys warm up the oil to get it through the slin pin? I've tried once or twice and I didn't want to die of old age waiting to get it in the syringe, much less pushing it out into a muscle.

maybe take up look into another hobby?

or

stop being such a pussy?

injects are a fact of life around here, if you are not willing to do them for the rest of your life move on.

This one is going to the beginners section.

I hate everything about injecting but that doesn't mean I don't do it.

I am serious, I HAAAAAATE it...but do what Nike says and just do it.

You guys warm up the oil to get it through the slin pin? I've tried once or twice and I didn't want to die of old age waiting to get it in the syringe, much less pushing it out into a muscle.

lol, it depends on the oil .. some I do and some I don't .. but I really do hate needles so I take the extra time instead of going with a harpoon :p

OP, take a ziplock bag and fill it with crushed ice. wrap it in cloth and hold it / strap it / tape it to your quad or delt. Leave it on for about 5-10 minutes.

When you take it off, pinch or scratch your skin where the ice was. can't feel it? Good - now stick the needle in and inject.

You'll never feel it.

Then I'd get some blood pumping to the area/warm it back up just in case the cold temp slows down the absorption - not sure if that part is bro science or not, but I've always done it, and never had additional knots or anything like that.

Last edited:
Who does??..lol. if you can't tolerate it you're in the wrong game my friend...

Not sure if you've tried slin pins but it makes pinning much more bearable... if you're lean enough you can use em', if you're a fat ass you shouldn't be pinning anyway.

Something tells me this dude is no way lean enough for slin pins.

OP, take a ziplock bag and fill it with crushed ice. wrap it in cloth and hold it / strap it / tape it to your quad or delt. Leave it on for about 5-10 minutes.

When you take it off, pinch or scratch your skin where the ice was. can't feel it? Good - now stick the needle in and inject.

You'll never feel it.
i agitate the shit out of the injection area with an alcohol swap. same effect.

IM injections dont hurt. If you are afraid of the small amount of pain you shouldnt use anything.

IM injections dont hurt. If you are afraid of the small amount of pain you shouldnt use anything.
agreed. i endure more pain through training hard than i have ever gotten from a poke.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity