over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

vanadyl vs. ALA

ALA as its also an antioxidant....You get a good formula that last a month for $30 that probably has both in it.

I need to cut down on my supps due to $. I use both of these currently as insulin potentiators(sp). If you had to choose one...which one would you use? Thanks

A cheaper and better option for an insulin agonist alone is chromium picolinate- and its clinical. Never thought vanadium did a thing and it's been around for like 20 years.

A cheaper and better option for an insulin agonist alone is chromium picolinate- and its clinical. Never thought vanadium did a thing and it's been around for like 20 years.

If you really think chromium (which I like) is better than ALA, please start going by "strongrhino" again please.

JM

Sorry for the off topic but whats the recommended dosage for ALA?..
would 1 gram a day be enough?

If you really think chromium (which I like) is better than ALA, please start going by "strongrhino" again please.

JM

Didn't say ALA- I said Vanadyl sulfate. No shit ALA is first choice- he was concerned bout price and as an insulin agonist alone, I like chromium better than vanadium hands down. Hell I like insulin better than VS...Still got issue with that- as I didn't even mention ALA....
And it's littlebill to you

Last edited:

What a crock of shit, almost as bad as the "hernia" miss q had according to your expertise :rolleyes:

You somehow have fooled the mods and some members:confused:

But whatever you obviously LIVE for this board and won't be denied giving your bullshit input 24/7.

Vanadyl is the most effective of the 3 at the job of glucose disposal.

Ok I guess that's why you are leaner than me.

If you are 4% as in your signature,I will NEVER be that lean,I give you that one.

But I know supps ;)

Could it be 4? Maybe 3? What's your opinion?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316993422.529544.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316993422.529544.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 413
Could it be 4? Maybe 3? What's your opinion?

So in your mind strongrhino does that posting of a pic win the argument about glucose disposal agents and their effectiveness? or are we bolstering again? maybe another list of accomplishments ? Leopards don't change their spots.PT Barnum was right thank god for you about suckers born every second,as you found a good amount on this board,run with it.

Last edited:
So in your mind strongrhino does that posting of a pic win the argument about glucose disposal agents and their effectiveness? or are we bolstering again? maybe another list of accomplishments ? Leopards don't change their spots.PT Barnum was right thank god for you about suckers born every second,as you found a good amount on this board,run with it.

Actually PT Barnum didn't coin that term. Look it up- or I can for ya. Hold up...

Here ya go:

There's a sucker born every minute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And chromium picolinate is better than vanadium...

Last edited:

Obviously I know how to dispose of my glycogen- that's all. chromium has been an effective agent for me as I am too much of a pussy for insulin. If you like vanadium then great. It did nothing for me. We are all entitled to our opinions right?

Last edited:
I have used them all and if I were to choose just one ALA- 900mg a day

Didn't say ALA- I said Vanadyl sulfate. No shit ALA is first choice- he was concerned bout price and as an insulin agonist alone, I like chromium better than vanadium hands down. Hell I like insulin better than VS...Still got issue with that- as I didn't even mention ALA....
And it's littlebill to you

Your act has alot of people fooled on this board...but when someone acts the way you did month after month after month...treating people with zero respect..who do you think the real you is???

JM

This post is about JM liking ALA, Kid liking Vanadium, and I like Chromium- nothing more nothing less. If you want to poll the 3 then do so. I have certainly not been the antagonist here. I was expressing my opinion based upon experience. If I have offended you- now or in the past- I apologize.

chromium is an essential nutrient that most people are deficient in. There's no doubt that chromium helps facilitate insulin's effects in the body. Most humans are deficient in this mineral. But once deficiency is taken care of there is little benefit beyond what is normally needed. In other words, Chromium can do amazing things for someone who is deficient. But once your optimal levels are achieved there is very little magic.

Alpha Lipoic acid is great because it does so many other things besides aiding in glucose transport. It is a powerful anti-oxidant, lowers LDL, decreases inflammation, decreases hypertension and keeps glutathione levels optimal. This is just a short list. If you have more than 20 bucks a month to spend on supplements, then Ala better be one of them.

Vanadium is a curious mineral. No one quite knows for sure how it works. It's been found to aid in Insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetics, but in healthy subjects there hasn't been anything earth-shattering. In bodybuilders who are consuming copious amounts of food, perhaps there is some resistance developing and this drug will aid in the assistance of keeping that resistance in check. So little is known for sure about vanadium. I do notice when I take it, the next day I feel very solid and full in my muscles. But I also notice a strong cramping sensation if I overdo it.

At the end of the day if I only had 50 bucks to spend on supplements I would make sure the vitamin I was taking had sufficient chromium in it. I would then buy a bottle of R-Ala and then if I could afford it after that I'd grab a bottle of vanadyl sulfate and use it occasionally during periods of excess sugar ingestion.

Good stuff Disco- thanks for time and clarification. So I guess to be deficient in chromium for whatever reason I conclude. Vanadium came out hard on the 90's as supp companies were pushing it hard- and it wasn't cheap. After 2 bottles and zero effect I discontinued. Twinlab chromium picolinate is cheap and has been good for me. ALA speaks for itself.

Chromium has been studied every which way til sunday and in a nutshell:it works initially as most are deficient.pubmed has many studies as it is the most tested glucose disposal agent.600 mcg's per day is usually recommended.

Vanadyl as I stated is the most powerful at the job of glucose disposal and that only.Not due to deficiency or speaking of additional benefits(such as ALA) bur just glucose disposal.given to prediabetics it actually has taken some into hypo which I have never seen the other two come close to doing.60 per day is recommended

ALA is one healthy supplement.I wont relist the benefits as it is pretty well known and disco listed them above.BUT at the job of glucose disposal it hasn't lived up to its claims based on a university study.One company claimed it was BETTER than metformin,well in the study it didn't come close and the results stated it MAY have some benefit.
recommended is R-Ala with biotin at 100 per 30 grams of carbs.

I would use a combination of all three for best glucose disposal and the additional health benefits othat ALA and chromium can have.Mountaindog1 formulated one for trueprotein.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131