over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vanity or Insanity?

Think I'll start a "weird gym stuff" thread LOL
Been a trainer for 25 years. Think I've seen it all.

Think I'll start a "weird gym stuff" thread LOL
Been a trainer for 25 years. Think I've seen it all.
Good street cred.. im sure uve yad plenty of say 9am appt and think jesus christ why couldnt they cancel and i could fuck of until my 10am hot milf in camelbtoe yoga pants showed 10min earlier cuz she is that commited to get even with her soon to be exhusband that stupidly told her she let self go to light a fire under her ass lol

1) those training masks.... if ur a competitive fighter or something in a specialized gym or preparing to tax ur endurance to the max, then well ok.... i wouldnt wear one, and have watched numerous pro athletes never use one, but to each their own... but if your in the dam LA fitness just walking around doing normal shit with this big mask on your face trying to look cool, your are just a fucking weirdo

2) I had a guy ask me right before this "WMC Ultra concert" started in south beach a few days ago (huge electronic music party thing here).... they wanted to know what they could take a day before the event to make them bigger and more ripped... i mean, wtf.... yea sure, just take 1 inject and by 2moro ull be looking like a bodybuilder from your avg guy... LOL

I see and hear sooo much stupid shit, its redic...

My favorite question goes something like this, and it happens a lot while standing in line at a gas station or grocery store... while I am wearing workout cloths...

Man who obviously doesn't workout: "Dude, do you workout?"

Me (in a serious voice): "No man, thats just too much work. I just woke up one day like this. I am just lucky I guess..."

Man who obviously doesn't workout: "Dude, you are in good shape. If you worked out who knows what you would look like. I wish I just looked like that."

Me: "Thanks buddy! Maybe I should start working out. I have been thinking a lot about it lately."

I know thats sorta mean, but c'mon! I can't resist! Too much fun!

Last edited:
I would have such a hard time not pulling my phone out and recording that... that sounds AWESOME.

My opinion is that anything taken to an extreme is insanity. That includes vanity.

Let's be serious, we're ALL vain here, in some degree or another. Most human beings are, especially if you've gotten a taste of positive attention. But you gotta put yourself in other peoples shoes before you act.

I learned a while back that going out of your way to draw attention to yourself just makes you look like an insecure jackass, and diminishes whatever it is you are actually doing right.

If you go somewhere and you KNOW you are the most jacked or one of the most jacked guys in there... you will get noticed. People have eyes, lol.

Firm believer in "Act like you've been there before". I look at it as a sign of weakness and insecurity if someone constantly NEEDS verbal reassurance on how they look.

I knew guy who would wear a weight belt when he went out at night to dinner and the movies. He trained at the same gym as me so I ask his girlfriend what the heck is that about......she told me he also would wrap knee wraps around his arms to beef them up and wear a sweatshirt with the belt to make his waist look trim....:)

:(

Please tell us the girl saved her life and left that moron... :eek:

:(

Please tell us the girl saved her life and left that moron... :eek:

No she married him; he competed one time out of state and got dead last and quit working out.

I knew guy who would wear a weight belt when he went out at night to dinner and the movies. He trained at the same gym as me so I ask his girlfriend what the heck is that about......she told me he also would wrap knee wraps around his arms to beef them up and wear a sweatshirt with the belt to make his waist look trim....:)

He had a girlfriend?

He had a girlfriend?

LOL, i knowww riiite?! If i tried to do that the girl would probably take a pic, leave me and go home... then put it up on FB to put me on blast :D

Lol am I the only one who laughed while picturing that in my head.. That's insanity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) those training masks.... if ur a competitive fighter or something in a specialized gym or preparing to tax ur endurance to the max, then well ok.... i wouldnt wear one, and have watched numerous pro athletes never use one, but to each their own... but if your in the dam LA fitness just walking around doing normal shit with this big mask on your face trying to look cool, your are just a fucking weirdo

2) I had a guy ask me right before this "WMC Ultra concert" started in south beach a few days ago (huge electronic music party thing here).... they wanted to know what they could take a day before the event to make them bigger and more ripped... i mean, wtf.... yea sure, just take 1 inject and by 2moro ull be looking like a bodybuilder from your avg guy... LOL

See just how desperate one is by suggesting a heavy dose of test suspension like 200mg or more maybe and tell them to run a line for a couple bags of IV fluids for monster water retention LOL just have to make sure its not the oil base TNE and its the water based suspension so the crystals say active for a couple days.. that way his marshmallow bloat i mean pump lasts for his special occasion... Just to have a photo of a guy looking like a pumpkin head Michelin man to keep would be priceless... LMAO

literally some of the dumbest shit ive seen... tons of guys come in with those.

they wear them while lifting, and its SO detrimental to their workouts that it's obvious and pretty damn funny...like.. they have to cut their sets halfway through because they can't breathe..

then they drop the weights and instantly start shadow boxing....

every time

still not as dumb as guys wearing lulu lemon yoga pants to the gym

stop guys: please:banghead::banghead::banghead:

then they drop the weights and instantly start shadow boxing....

every time

HAHAHAHHAA... YESS! and its always someone looking more like they are trying to catch mosquitoes flying around them then anything that actually resembles real shadow boxing... whats funny about my main gym i goto is their is an Amercan Top Team mma school in the exact same building, and these fools come into the LA fit with "full contact fighter" gear head to toe with a dam training scuba mask on, yet never step foot into a real mma training session or gym for that matter lol

That is even worse than when I use to wear my weightlifting gloves to the bar.
But again it was the 80's.

I seriously cringe when I think back to the shit we wore to the gym back then...
I probably had 10 pairs of wild color patterned Baggy Boy pants, 3 or 4 colors of Otomix lifting shoes, tons of tshirts that had been cut into string tank tops.
The worst was the HUGE gold rope chain with the giant pendant of a bodybuilder doing a front double bi hanging off it. Caught that bitch on the handle doing seated cable rows one day with the whole stack and almost ripped my head off. lol

I can usually put up with a lot of weird shit, but something that I hate is guys who don't understand the concept of using deodorant or showering on a weekly basis :eek:

This is what cell phone video recording is for lol! I wish I could have seen this

Pretty weird behavior. Definitely would have stayed away.

In all the years I have been doing this I have come to the conclusion that there is an unusually large percentage of dysfunctional people in the weightlifting/bodybuilding world.
I would have to agree! The only thing I would say differently, is that I don't just think its limited to weightlifting/bodybuilding. Strange people and behaviors seem to be popping up all over the place in even greater numbers no matter where you go! I mean, 1 hour in Walmart and you will most likely have a good story to tell!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131