over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vaping and blood sugar while dieting

xyz14

Registered
Newbies
Im dieting for a contest, currently about 14 weeks out.
My fasted glucose is still around 90 while only on 200g carbs, i was around 450g carbs in the offseason and didnt have a glucometer. I have already been dieting for 8 weeky.
Anyways the thing is I vape and I vape a fvckn lot.
Just found out my morning glucose is 92 but after a few puffs and not eating anything it goes up to 100.
I use 2mg/ml nic juice and probably vape around 15ml daily so 30mg of nic total. Very sweet flavors. Im still losing body fat at a pretty good rate.

So my questions are:
1) If im gonna start doing fasted cardio then i guess vaping before it goes out of the windows since it raises blood sugar, right?
2)Is having a higher blood sugar all day long hindering my fat loss even if my glycogen is depleted and im in a deficit?
3)Will using less nicotine or non sweet flavors have any effect on lowering the impact on blood sugar since the juice is in glycerine and thats basically a sugar alcohol.
4) Does diet soda raise your blood sugar too since its sweet? Has anyone measured it?
Thanks for the responses guys.

Edited for more context: I eat all my carbs post workout at about 10pm and i measure my blood glucose at 9am.
I have a fat free greek yoghurt with a protein shake and 35gs of cereals around 9pm and then 185g of rice with chicken at around 9pm. My last meal is chicken only at around 1:30am. Is it possible the food is still digesting and thats why my blood glucose is still pretty high in the morning?

Last edited:
Im dieting for a contest, currently about 14 weeks out.
My fasted glucose is still around 90 while only on 200g carbs, i was around 450g carbs in the offseason and didnt have a glucometer. I have already been dieting for 8 weeky.
Anyways the thing is I vape and I vape a fvckn lot.
Just found out my morning glucose is 92 but after a few puffs and not eating anything it goes up to 100.
I use 2mg/ml nic juice and probably vape around 15ml daily so 30mg of nic total. Very sweet flavors. Im still losing body fat at a pretty good rate.

So my questions are:
1) If im gonna start doing fasted cardio then i guess vaping before it goes out of the windows since it raises blood sugar, right?
2)Is having a higher blood sugar all day long hindering my fat loss even if my glycogen is depleted and im in a deficit?
3)Will using less nicotine or non sweet flavors have any effect on lowering the impact on blood sugar since the juice is in glycerine and thats basically a sugar alcohol.
4) Does diet soda raise your blood sugar too since its sweet? Has anyone measured it?
Thanks for the responses guys.

Edited for more context: I eat all my carbs post workout at about 10pm and i measure my blood glucose at 9am.
I have a fat free greek yoghurt with a protein shake and 35gs of cereals around 9pm and then 185g of rice with chicken at around 9pm. My last meal is chicken only at around 1:30am. Is it possible the food is still digesting and thats why my blood glucose is still pretty high in the morning?

Hi there! I'm a diehard vaper as well. Absolutely couldn't live without my regular nicotine jolt :p

Your questions to the best of my ability:

1) It shouldn't really matter. I'm surprised vaping causes your blood sugar to rise but either way, it's negligeable. Vape all you want beforehand. Nicotine is a stimulant so it may actually be beneficial before your cardio.

2) As long as you are in a deficit, you're good to go. No need to micromanage it that much. Don't dwell over it.

3) I don't think other (non-sweet) flavors are going to make a difference since they are all glycerine based. Lowering your nicotine, you could try if you are that worried about it but again, I wouldn't dwell over it.

4) I've read the sweet taste of diet soda does indeed raise blood sugar. Whether it's actually true or not I don't know since I've never measured it and why would I? If there's one thing I've learned after all these years, it's that the basics are the only important things. KISS (keep it simple stupid). If you are in a deficit (and are eating enough protein to ward off muscle loss), you have covered your basic. No need for further micromanaging.

Just keep enjoying your vaping and don't let anyone talk it into your head that it's keeping you from achieving your BB goals because it isn't.

Now if you were smoking regular cigarettes, that's another story but vaping is fine!

Thank you for such an awesome reply, really appreciate it.
I will try to measure bg before and after a 0.5l glass of diet soda tmo, will report back how it compares to vaping.

You're at 200g carbs at 14 weeks out? You're in trouble buddy.

You're at 200g carbs at 14 weeks out? You're in trouble buddy.

Lmao.
No im not. This is actually pretty good compared to my other preps and also my neat is minimal and i still havent done any cardio. Its all relative. I can still add fat burners and double sessions.
And im a small bber too, will be around 180lbs in contest shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an interesting post as I have been considering vapeing CBD oil and nicotine
My question to the experienced vapors would be does it have a negative effect on lung function like smoking cigarettes do?

This is an interesting post as I have been considering vapeing CBD oil and nicotine

My question to the experienced vapors would be does it have a negative effect on lung function like smoking cigarettes do?

I never did CBD but as far as vaping goes i dont think it hindered my lungs in any way. My GF has switched from smoking 6-8cigs a day to vaping only and is constantly raving about how she can breathe and taste things better. Only things she is complaining about is how other people smell more than before lol.

I would guess the mechanism is the catecholamine (adrenaline) boost from the nicotine. If you are having coffee or any other stims too before the cardio they will increase the stress response and BG further. No I don't think it will hinder fat loss.

I never did CBD but as far as vaping goes i dont think it hindered my lungs in any way. My GF has switched from smoking 6-8cigs a day to vaping only and is constantly raving about how she can breathe and taste things better. Only things she is complaining about is how other people smell more than before lol.

Haha she can smell the true power of the egg white bodybuilder fart now. Haha no more sneaking them past her. 🤣

Thank gawd I'm not a gaseous person my wife can smell an egg phart a mile away.

Now back to the topic lol I was smoking 2 or 3 cigarettes a day especially pre gym just for the nicotine boost and I really enjoy smoking but it definitely is detrimental to lung function so for that reason I stopped been looking at vapeing ever since just haven't taken the plunge yet. Kinda been waiting for some real world experience from threads like this.

Now back to the topic lol I was smoking 2 or 3 cigarettes a day especially pre gym just for the nicotine boost and I really enjoy smoking but it definitely is detrimental to lung function so for that reason I stopped been looking at vapeing ever since just haven't taken the plunge yet. Kinda been waiting for some real world experience from threads like this.

Hell i love vaping but at the same time who the hell knows how unhealthy it is in a long run. I can smoke cigarettes and not get addicted in any way to them but once i tried a solid direct-lung vape pen i was hooked from day one.
If you dont want to risk addiction yet you want to do nicotine then i would suggest chewing 1/4 of a 4mg nic gum 4xday, that helped me a lot during my 2016 prep.

I don't get addicted that's not an issue with me either.
But I do like the pre workout jolt from nicotine.
As previously mentioned
I have been looking at the health benefits of CBD oil and it appears vapeing is the preferred method of delivery I just don't know if I believe all the hype surrounding the medical marijuana thing?

I have read some reviews about CBD eliquids on vapeunderground and ECF forum and it looks promising but the price for cbd is ridiculous where i live. Once i try it i will pm you or bump this thread.
Im currently making my own liquids for about 1.2$ per 10ml, depending on brand.

Good for you!
I would have to use THC free CBD because of my job random drug testing.

Good for you!
I would have to use THC free CBD because of my job random drug testing.

Hi Capin...would those "full spectrum", the ones with the allowable .3% of THC show on a drug test? I see some brands that are high milligram CBD, with vaping CBD, what is the feeling like?
Take care.
MS

My blood glucose at 3am when going to sleep was 86. Woke up at 8:30 glucose is 93,6. Had a 0.3L glass of diet pepsi and my glucose went up to 105. So vaping raises my glucose almost the same amount as diet soda lol. Not gonna bother with this anymore since every prep i was drinking up to 3L of diet soda and it didnt affect myprogress. But its weird that my morning BG is higher than before going to sleep.

My blood glucose at 3am when going to sleep was 86. Woke up at 8:30 glucose is 93,6. Had a 0.3L glass of diet pepsi and my glucose went up to 105. So vaping raises my glucose almost the same amount as diet soda lol. Not gonna bother with this anymore since every prep i was drinking up to 3L of diet soda and it didnt affect myprogress. But its weird that my morning BG is higher than before going to sleep.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but there's supposed to be an early morning spike in cortisol, which is good, and the glucose should follow. This wakes you up.

Well it doesn't have tar in it so no increased risk for lung cancer. It's healthier for sure but depending on which device you have and what wattage you vape it, it can be harder on the lungs (not in a cancerous way, just because you inhale more smoke than with cigarettes).

All that being said, it's obviously much less unhealthy so definitely make the switch.

I would advise you to buy a good, powerful device from the get go so none of the (too) basic devices since they don't produce as much smoke and once you're hooked on it, you will want some extra wattage/smoke.

I just bought a new one a week ago I can recommend you: a Vaporesso Revenger. It's powerful, yet simple to operate. The Vaporesso Switcher would also be a good one. (or any one from Vaporesso, it's one of the better brands)

You're right, stressing about it will likely hinder your fat loss more than just drinking diet soda and vaping :)

Well it doesn't have tar in it so no increased risk for lung cancer. It's healthier for sure but depending on which device you have and what wattage you vape it, it can be harder on the lungs (not in a cancerous way, just because you inhale more smoke than with cigarettes).

All that being said, it's obviously much less unhealthy so definitely make the switch.

I would advise you to buy a good, powerful device from the get go so none of the (too) basic devices since they don't produce as much smoke and once you're hooked on it, you will want some extra wattage/smoke.

I just bought a new one a week ago I can recommend you: a Vaporesso Revenger. It's powerful, yet simple to operate. The Vaporesso Switcher would also be a good one. (or any one from Vaporesso, it's one of the better brands)

I agree with everything you have written . My friend has that revenger and its great and has many options for coils. I have Ijoy diamond pd270 kit with x3s captain and inclided batteries. So far its been doing great, lasts around 400puffs @ 75w, never gave me a dry hit but sometimes it spits but its only if i fill in the whole tank. One 0.4 ohm coil lasted me 5500 puffs so about 13 days but then i fucked it up with some fullmoon brand flavor that had sugar in it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner