over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Variation in serum Creatinine through the years

Killer.7

Registered
Hey guys just trying to figure out my latest set of bloods to start off the year.

Back in late 2018 I caught some high creatinine in my blood work (was being reckless with gear and health) It was at 130 umol/L which works out to 1.47 for you Americans. BP was high and was on tren. After that I fixed myself up and went on real trt. Got my creatinine down to 117 umol/l which is 1.32 . After that I dabbled in a small cycles consisting of test and low masteron low deca. Managed to keep creatinine in the 117 range. Usually before bloods I take 3-4 full days off no gym.

This time around however I trained legs on the Thursday and drew blood this morning (Monday) My creatinine came back at 136! Highest its been in a while. Not sure if the leg training has anything to do with it or not. I also came off Astragalus, and am cycling Test at 750 wk Masteron 300wk and Deca 750 wk.

Blood pressure is good and diet is great. Worried if the cycle is impacting my serum creatinine now. Or could it be I trained legs too close to the day of my bloods?

It is funny though when I calculate egfr using the cockgault croft equasion my egfr is pretty good, same with when I calculate egfr using Cystatin C. My creatine clearance is also good based on my 24 hour urine sample. Came back at 2.08 ML/S range 1.18 - 2.18 ML/S

Has anyone else experimented with this in regards to training days and blood work? Does test mast or deca have nepro toxic properties?

In any case im going to retest in a few weeks with astragalus and more time off from the gym prior to training.

Hey guys just trying to figure out my latest set of bloods to start off the year.

Back in late 2018 I caught some high creatinine in my blood work (was being reckless with gear and health) It was at 130 umol/L which works out to 1.47 for you Americans. BP was high and was on tren. After that I fixed myself up and went on real trt. Got my creatinine down to 117 umol/l which is 1.32 . After that I dabbled in a small cycles consisting of test and low masteron low deca. Managed to keep creatinine in the 117 range. Usually before bloods I take 3-4 full days off no gym.

This time around however I trained legs on the Thursday and drew blood this morning (Monday) My creatinine came back at 136! Highest its been in a while. Not sure if the leg training has anything to do with it or not. I also came off Astragalus, and am cycling Test at 750 wk Masteron 300wk and Deca 750 wk.

Blood pressure is good and diet is great. Worried if the cycle is impacting my serum creatinine now. Or could it be I trained legs too close to the day of my bloods?

It is funny though when I calculate egfr using the cockgault croft equasion my egfr is pretty good, same with when I calculate egfr using Cystatin C. My creatine clearance is also good based on my 24 hour urine sample. Came back at 2.08 ML/S range 1.18 - 2.18 ML/S

Has anyone else experimented with this in regards to training days and blood work? Does test mast or deca have nepro toxic properties?

In any case im going to retest in a few weeks with astragalus and more time off from the gym prior to training.

Several years ago I was questioning on the effects of Deca on the kidneys and I found some studies that showed some degenerative changes to the kidneys via biopsy as well as a slight increase in creatinine. I don't remember the specifics.

Oh wow eh? Anabolic doc on youtube reports deca has no negative kidney sides...but I would be curious to read what you had found. In any case I will likely come off and retest in a few weeks. It's strange because my creatinine clearance via 24 hour urine collection is actually normal. And when I calcualte Egfr using the cockgault croft equation my egfr is way higher as well.

But m egfr just based on serum creatinine alone puts it at 60

One thing people in fitness and body building seem to get their heads hung up on is chasing numbers, whether its on the scale, on the bar or with blood numbers... The truth is , eating the way we do, and training and so on will effect bloods, aside from gear. It comes at NO surprise to the medical community and even in studies that highs or super high numbers will reflect, even when eating clean and training natty but yet rigorously and aggressively num, yet I seen some very large curvy women come back in very respectable ranges, yet other women look at them as being big or fat.. My point with that reference is, numbers are simply just a snap shot of what could possibly be going on at that moment, yet these numbers will change throughout the day/s.. Unless you were in a hospital/clinical setting where bloods would be pulled almost around the clock for comparison, I wouldn't stress anything to much.. You know the basic drills with staying healthy, plenty of REST.. Don't stress over not making a session, because not getting enough rest "off days" with continuous elevated creatinine levels that could be a sign of Rhabdomyolysis in the making..

One thing people in fitness and body building seem to get their heads hung up on is chasing numbers, whether its on the scale, on the bar or with blood numbers... The truth is , eating the way we do, and training and so on will effect bloods, aside from gear. It comes at NO surprise to the medical community and even in studies that highs or super high numbers will reflect, even when eating clean and training natty but yet rigorously and aggressively num, yet I seen some very large curvy women come back in very respectable ranges, yet other women look at them as being big or fat.. My point with that reference is, numbers are simply just a snap shot of what could possibly be going on at that moment, yet these numbers will change throughout the day/s.. Unless you were in a hospital/clinical setting where bloods would be pulled almost around the clock for comparison, I wouldn't stress anything to much.. You know the basic drills with staying healthy, plenty of REST.. Don't stress over not making a session, because not getting enough rest "off days" with continuous elevated creatinine levels that could be a sign of Rhabdomyolysis in the making..
Correct. My main concern is worsening EGFR over time and kidney damage from previous years of being reckless. The whole reason this rabbit hole started was me investigating protein in my urine which turned out to be a real problem. I got that under control by losing weight, lowering my BP and getting on an ARB inhibitor. Now my focus is on maintaining good heath/ good kidney health while still being able to perform in the gym and run light/moderate cycles. Just figured after seeing this jump in creatinine I should pull it back and reassess.

In any case I see the doc tomorrow see what he says.

Another realm of confusion for me is what is the most accurate egfr? Is it a calculation using the cockcroft-gault formula? The CKD-EPI formula? Is it Cystatin C egfr? Is it creatinine clearance based on 24 hour urine sample?

Correct. My main concern is worsening EGFR over time and kidney damage from previous years of being reckless. The whole reason this rabbit hole started was me investigating protein in my urine which turned out to be a real problem. I got that under control by losing weight, lowering my BP and getting on an ARB inhibitor. Now my focus is on maintaining good heath/ good kidney health while still being able to perform in the gym and run light/moderate cycles. Just figured after seeing this jump in creatinine I should pull it back and reassess.

In any case I see the doc tomorrow see what he says.

Another realm of confusion for me is what is the most accurate egfr? Is it a calculation using the cockcroft-gault formula? The CKD-EPI formula? Is it Cystatin C egfr? Is it creatinine clearance based on 24 hour urine sample?
I see your concerns and since you are seeing your Doc tomorrow these would all be very reasonable questions to ask him, and for a better understanding for futures tests..

In fact, report back to us what your Doc's initial thoughts are and the reasoning for and purpose of any other tests in the future.

Do mention the the leg session as well.. I'm subd to see where this goes..

If you took a 24 hour urine test they should know your gfr. You said the 24 hour urine test was fine? What did the nephrologist say? A 24hr urine test shows your true gfr so no need to worry about your egfr which is nothing more than an estimate of your real gfr.

I see your concerns and since you are seeing your Doc tomorrow these would all be very reasonable questions to ask him, and for a better understanding for futures tests..

In fact, report back to us what your Doc's initial thoughts are and the reasoning for and purpose of any other tests in the future.

Do mention the the leg session as well.. I'm subd to see where this goes..
If you took a 24 hour urine test they should know your gfr. You said the 24 hour urine test was fine? What did the nephrologist say? A 24hr urine test shows your true gfr so no need to worry about your egfr which is nothing more than an estimate of your real gfr.
Yeah my 24 hour urine shows my gfr as 2.08 ML/Second which works out to 124.8 ml/min which seems high compared to my Egfr. I have been reading that gfr caluclated from creatinine clearance can over estimate gfr as it factors in secretion of creatinine from the tubuals and glomular

I also was looking at Egfr based on cockcroft gault calculation vs ckd epi calculation and egfr based off of cystatin C calculations .

Yeah my 24 hour urine shows my gfr as 2.08 ML/Second which works out to 124.8 ml/min which seems high compared to my Egfr. I have been reading that gfr caluclated from creatinine clearance can over estimate gfr as it factors in secretion of creatinine from the tubuals and glomular

I also was looking at Egfr based on cockcroft gault calculation vs ckd epi calculation and egfr based off of cystatin C calculations .

When it comes to people with more muscle than normal folk, Cystatin C is way more reliable than creatinine. When it comes to the kidneys you don't want to fuck around and better to be safe than sorry. Make sure you get bloodwork frequently. If you notice it trending upwards then demand and an ultrasound and biopsy.

Just an update my nephro said everything is good. The egfr based on my serum creatine is not my real egfr he said and a more accurate representation of my egfr is the one based off my creatinine clearance from the 24 hour urine and Cystatin C.

Second to this however he did make not of my eosinophils being high. I was looking back at all my past bloods all the way back to 2016 and on almost every cbc report my eosinophils seem to be slightly high. Only one report was it within normal range. I cant figure out why and I was trying to look into anabolic steroids causing increased eosinophil production and only came across one study.

thoughts? I will likely look into this further with my GP. My eosinophil was 1.1 this time around and the range is 0.0- 0.5

Generally my eosinophils are .6 .7 .8 this time was the highest. Back in January of 2019 it was 0.3

Just an update my nephro said everything is good. The egfr based on my serum creatine is not my real egfr he said and a more accurate representation of my egfr is the one based off my creatinine clearance from the 24 hour urine and Cystatin C.

Second to this however he did make not of my eosinophils being high. I was looking back at all my past bloods all the way back to 2016 and on almost every cbc report my eosinophils seem to be slightly high. Only one report was it within normal range. I cant figure out why and I was trying to look into anabolic steroids causing increased eosinophil production and only came across one study.

thoughts? I will likely look into this further with my GP. My eosinophil was 1.1 this time around and the range is 0.0- 0.5

Generally my eosinophils are .6 .7 .8 this time was the highest. Back in January of 2019 it was 0.3

Hey guys anyone have any info on this? Seeing my GP tomorrow to see what he says. Like I said I only found the one study linking deca to high eosinophils. I am on 750 deca and was on it at the time of the bloods.

If your kidneys are healthy I think you should be around 2x the normal range on a 24hour creatinine clearance. My creatinine is normally 1.1-1.3 on bloodwork. However, I recently had a .97 due to the fact that I stopped eating red meat and don't take a creatine supplement.

If your kidneys are healthy I think you should be around 2x the normal range on a 24hour creatinine clearance. My creatinine is normally 1.1-1.3 on bloodwork. However, I recently had a .97 due to the fact that I stopped eating red meat and don't take a creatine supplement.
I was eating 1-2 pounds of red meat a day and my creatine was 1.27 just slightly out of range , I dropped the red meat and switched to more chicken and fish and it dropped back down .

Ya on the creatinine clearance based on 24 hour urine test my gfr comes back at 128/min

Estimating GFR based on the amount of creatinine in the blood is so inaccurate because it assumes a "normal" amount of creatinine is being produced, this is why the 24 hour creatinine clearance is critical for those of us who are eating a lot of protein. Also keep in mind that there is nothing inherently toxic about creatinine to the kidneys, it's just something that they tend to process at a static rate.

A lot of bodybuilders go through what I call "the standard bodybuilder kidney scare" because of the eGFR based only on a blood draw.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131