over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vasectomy and Bodybuilding

jimboaldis

Registered
Being 38 with three kids I think it's time to have a vasectomy. My wife has been on and off the pill for the last 20 years so I think it's only fair.

Does it affect your testosterone or anything bodybuilding related?

Also, what should I actually expect after the surgery?

Years ago you seem to have heard so many horror stories, but not so much now. I think it's all done by laser now.

Have any of you guys had it done?

piece of cake

i too have heard horror stories but it was no problems at all for me. had mine done 10 years ago. i was doing light leg presses 1 week later and back to full strength in about 3 weeks time. there is no effect on your test level. ice the area 20 min on and 20 min off for several hours and take it easy for 2 days. you should be fine.

vasectomies have no effect on testicular function. It is a procedure where the vas deferens is severed, which is the semenal duct that carries the sperm to the urethra to be ejaculated. By severing the duct the semen is just reabsorbed into the body rather than being ejaculated, not hindering testicular function. Sometimes it can affect the male psychologically, but it has not physiologically. The only thing is you'll have to take it light post op until you recover, which isn't that long as the previous poster stated.

Good to know. I have 2 and that's all I want. I can't believe some of these families that have 8+ kids. Holy shit I would go crazy.

I had mine done several years ago. No pain or discomfort. Had it done on a friday. Told me to put my feet up the rest of the day. Then back to regular activity on monday. No stiches. just a small punture a couple snips and it was done. Must have taken 10-15 min at most, course he was training this very attractive female Dr. on how to do the procedure, or it would have been quicker. My insurance covered it in full.

It wasn't bad , mine was done in the office. I had to pay only $100 insurance covered the rest. Done on a Friday and took the next week off , then tested the water to see how weights felt, 3 weeks and i was back to full lifting. Not as bad as some make it out to be.

Had mine done long time ago. In the doc's office in the morning, trained legs that afternoon..................biiiig mistake but no damage done. It just hurt like hell that night. No regrets!

i actually just skimed through an article about this. There is no direct corilation to vasectomy and natural test production. U will be good to go in that area bud

Just had mine done in May, worked heavy legs in the AM and had the procedure in afternoon.... Don't do that stay relaxed. I was sore for three days and had a little discomfort for a week back to the gym lifting light in 12 14 days. Just lost some strength was all getting back into now though....

Being 38 with three kids I think it's time to have a vasectomy. My wife has been on and off the pill for the last 20 years so I think it's only fair.

Does it affect your testosterone or anything bodybuilding related?

Also, what should I actually expect after the surgery?

Years ago you seem to have heard so many horror stories, but not so much now. I think it's all done by laser now.

Have any of you guys had it done?

Have no worries. You will have no negative effects on your bodybuilding lifestyle (test levels etc..)

Have no worries. You will have no negative effects on your bodybuilding lifestyle (test levels etc..)

Choose a better surgeon and everything will be fine

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm in the UK, so looking into it I could possibly get in on the NHS or go private.

Private would cost about £400 ($600)(free on the NHS) for laser surgery with a local anesthetic, or an extra £200 ($300) for conscious sedation (whatever that is).

Mine was done about two years ago and if was to put it mildly "Rough".
However this was due to the Doctor not giving me the amount of pain meds during the procedure so I felt EVERYTHING and he was teaching a student which meant the local had started to wear off as well.
I have never heard another experience like mine tho and even mine wasn't something I would avoid doing twice

I'll be going within the next months to get my surgery. 2 kids is perfect for us so it's time to make sure it stays that way! So post-op there is absolutely no ejaculation? I can think of some pros to this but def somes cons too.

Does insurance cover it?

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance and they covered it. All I had to pay for was the copay, $15.

Honestly, it hurt a lot less than what I had built up in my head. Was actually surprised that I was as pain free so fast after the procedure.

Went back to training full on after about 5 weeks. No problems or complications for me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131