over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vastus Medialis

slesh

Registered
Am I the only schmuck who is constantly injuring this part of their quad? Leg press, hack squat, pendulum…. It doesn’t matter what exercise. This shit just keeps happening always on my right leg. My PT comes and Graston’s it out. So after a week or so I’m completely fine. A month later, again…. The obvious reason is I must be going too heavy. But I’ve gone higher during other sessions without issues. It’s completely random when it happens. Doubt anyone can really give me a solid answer on this. Guess I’m just venting as I sit in the couch with a bag of ice and mouthful of gummies.

Am I the only schmuck who is constantly injuring this part of their quad? Leg press, hack squat, pendulum…. It doesn’t matter what exercise. This shit just keeps happening always on my right leg. My PT comes and Graston’s it out. So after a week or so I’m completely fine. A month later, again…. The obvious reason is I must be going too heavy. But I’ve gone higher during other sessions without issues. It’s completely random when it happens. Doubt anyone can really give me a solid answer on this. Guess I’m just venting as I sit in the couch with a bag of ice and mouthful of gummies.
Not trying to be a smart ass but you got to ask yourself; self, if I always do what I always done, I will always get what I always got.

Something must change if you are to avoid the treadmill, by your own admission (in so many words) you seem be on on.

You can’t compare yourself to yourself as of yesterday. Everyday is a new day with its own set of challenges. If you can figure out what you need everyday of your life, without judgement, be it the same or different, then wow. I think you are smart enough to figure this one out.

The injured side... probably too externally rotated, and pushing through the big toe more, rather than flat foot.
Also check calf tightness, on the inside, just above the ankle bone.
Final possible contributor, adductors. Adhesion to the upper hamstring will also pull you into more external rotation.

Don't have your therapist just chase the pain. Check the structure, function,and range of motion
Chronic issue is almost always due to repetitive postures

The injured side... probably too externally rotated, and pushing through the big toe more, rather than flat foot.
Also check calf tightness, on the inside, just above the ankle bone.
Final possible contributor, adductors. Adhesion to the upper hamstring will also pull you into more external rotation.

Don't have your therapist just chase the pain. Check the structure, function,and range of motion
Chronic issue is almost always due to repetitive postures
This is awesome. Thank you. Will def be more cognizant of the above next quad session.

If you visit a PT they should be able to give better insight than us here. How often do you stretch before exercising? My mind frame is to train to maximize the workout for your weakest link. Once accomplished end the workout. If you keep training with your weak link in failure you are allowing greater access for injury thereafter as each muscle provides function along with protection.

Having a strain reoccur means you have a reoccurring biomechanical dysfunction and there could be several reason why this might happen. Again. the PT would be best to figure this out.

If you visit a PT they should be able to give better insight than us here. How often do you stretch before exercising? My mind frame is to train to maximize the workout for your weakest link. Once accomplished end the workout. If you keep training with your weak link in failure you are allowing greater access for injury thereafter as each muscle provides function along with protection.

Having a strain reoccur means you have a reoccurring biomechanical dysfunction and there could be several reason why this might happen. Again. the PT would be best to figure this out.
Have had my business as a neuromuscular therapist for 21yrs now. Training specialty also in corrective exercise...
so, obviously a dysfunction.
Too often, treatment work is only done to specifically the problem area, and not fully explored and diagnosed. Sometimes it's as overlooked as seeing what someone does in their daily tasks, repetitively. Excessive lengthening in one area, excessive tightness in the antagonist. And, most people seldom stretch, and unwind their daily activities.

It can be difficult to find someone with the proper hands on knowledge, but even once diagnosed, and treated, self care shouldn't be overlooked

Have had my business as a neuromuscular therapist for 21yrs now. Training specialty also in corrective exercise...
so, obviously a dysfunction.
Too often, treatment work is only done to specifically the problem area, and not fully explored and diagnosed. Sometimes it's as overlooked as seeing what someone does in their daily tasks, repetitively. Excessive lengthening in one area, excessive tightness in the antagonist. And, most people seldom stretch, and unwind their daily activities.

It can be difficult to find someone with the proper hands on knowledge, but even once diagnosed, and treated, self care shouldn't be overlooked
I wish all physical therapists took this more holistic approach to treatment! I got lucky with my post-op shoulder (arthroscopic) therapist and now feel like I have two brand new shoulders. She had me doing forearm stretches and stretching my lats. I was thinking wtf? It was worth it. @11sh11 you are a good addition to the board - for all athletes from IFBB to Seattle Seahawks.👍

I get envious when I see people with that bulbous striated medialis. My legs are mighty but my medialis just does not have that nice teardrop 'pop'.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws