over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vegan diet

Actually, there is no such thing as the Mediterranean diet, I am from Spain and I know what I am talking about. It's not like a paleo, keto or vegan diet, the Mediterranean diet is too ambiguous. It is only a trademark to sell products from Spain, Grece, France and Italy.

Of course, extra virgin olive oil, blue fish, cheese, Iberian pork, vegetables... all of that is healthy, but you can eat all of that within a keto or paleo diet.

Pizza and pasta can be part of a Mediterranean diet, and that is not healthy for most.

The premise of the diet is not the literal definition of the phrase....🤦🏻‍♂️

Bro, you are asking a bunch of guys who eat meat 2-8x/day how to live the longest with a diet that is the most extreme opposite of how they approach life. What do you think they are going to tell you? And now that I typed this I'm thinking this is a troll post now...

The premise of the diet is not the literal definition of the phrase....🤦🏻‍♂️

When you establish a diet system, you clearly limit which foods are allowed and which are not.

Mediterranean diet can be healthy or total crap. Same as vegan diet, paleo, zone, etc ... I guess. But these methods do have classification of optimal / allowed food and discouraged / prohibited.

The Mediterranean diet cam be aligns exactly with the recommendations of the WHO nutritional pyramid, which anyone with half a brain knows is rubbish.

This should wake you up.

My wife on Naked Hiking Day (yes, there is such a thing) on the PCT,
near the Oregon border, at about mile 1,500. All solo.

A vegan on a perennial caloric and protein deficit. Some vitamins and
minerals with lots of walking, fresh air and water. A day off with a refeed
every every 7 -10 days.

Attachments

• naked_hiking_day.jpg
    naked_hiking_day.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 48
I went from a diet that consisted of grass fed beef, wild caught salmon to Vegan and my LDL halved. I have posted the blood test results on here previously.

From what i have read the healthiest diet would be pescatarian - plant based forming the foundation with some fatty fish thrown in. Personally I would prefer to supplement with algae oil than contribute to the horrors that we do to our oceans
Algae (micro) is where fish get their omega 3's. You've went straight to the source. I have given up seafood but have yet to give algae oil a look bc I assumed the algae in our oceans is now filled w all the toxic shit we dump into them. I'm guessing your supplement is farmed algae which I know nothing about. I could do my own research and will, but seeing if you care to expand? Have you seen benefits from your algae oil source or has the positive effects coincided more w the radical dietary change?

I mentioned it earlier, it's absolutely awful what we have done to our oceans. Unfortunately, with the $$$ involved and China being, what like 80% of the worlds supplier of seafood, I don't see a reversal. Shady, corrupt business practices in the name of profits. Such a breath-taking world that we are destroying bit by bit.

I too think veganism is cult eccentric (media and tree huggers shoving it down your throat), however, there are positives at play when incorporating this type of diet.

That being said, someone who is keto eccentric, I must admit, I do switch up my diet for disciplinary reasons here and there, the one diet, I believe I felt great on (not talking about strength) but energized and full of purpose was a pescatarian diet.

I still ate dairy, organic eggs, greek yogourt, grass fed butter ect...I just didn't eat any type of meat, other then shellfish and fish + your vegetarian must have's....olives, beans, olive oil, fruits, veggies and so forth ect.

The only reason I stopped it, I have two kids, and I struggled to make two different dishes every night, it became cumbersome.

At this point right now, 3 times a week, I eat a pescatarian/vegetarian diet....I'll stick to it for now, I don't recall my digestion being this productive in awhile and when I eat, I never felt like I over ate, I feel light, like there's a skip in my step.

That's my .2 cents

Algae (micro) is where fish get their omega 3's. You've went straight to the source. I have given up seafood but have yet to give algae oil a look bc I assumed the algae in our oceans is now filled w all the toxic shit we dump into them. I'm guessing your supplement is farmed algae which I know nothing about. I could do my own research and will, but seeing if you care to expand? Have you seen benefits from your algae oil source or has the positive effects coincided more w the radical dietary change?

I mentioned it earlier, it's absolutely awful what we have done to our oceans. Unfortunately, with the $$$ involved and China being, what like 80% of the worlds supplier of seafood, I don't see a reversal. Shady, corrupt business practices in the name of profits. Such a breath-taking world that we are destroying bit by bit.

The supp I use (Vegetology Opti 3) is made from algae grown in tanks. Like you I am not interested in putting anything in my body that comes from the ocean due to what we have dumped in it. They (vegetology) also 3rd party test every batch to ensure minimum epa & dha levels are met
To be honest I dont really notice a difference in the same way I dont notice a difference with curcumin, its just one of the many health related supps I take daily that is backed up by science.

I felt my best and had the best blood work when I would do 2 meat meals, 2 vegan meals and a whey protein shake or eggs pwo. I also quit chasing the stage and now do it to look good and be healthy. I kinda fell off now back to 3-4 meat meals a day and noticed my energy has been down and my digestion is so so.

The day this post was made i read through and decided to give the pescetarian diet a go! I have always had lots of issues with gut health and digestion.

I have to say i feel the best and have had the best digestion since i can remember. Im losing weight as im still easing my way into certain foods as i ate some vegan meat burgers and they messed up my gut.. More so gas and bloat, gf was not happy haha.

But slowly introducing things and feeling great. Pretty much not overly fussed about size now anyway more so focused on health and business and family.

Could be coincedence but my mental clarity seems a lot better as well! Could be there is no reflux or going to the toilet all the time.

Def worth a shot for health wise and gut health wise!

The day this post was made i read through and decided to give the pescetarian diet a go! I have always had lots of issues with gut health and digestion.

I have to say i feel the best and have had the best digestion since i can remember. Im losing weight as im still easing my way into certain foods as i ate some vegan meat burgers and they messed up my gut.. More so gas and bloat, gf was not happy haha.

But slowly introducing things and feeling great. Pretty much not overly fussed about size now anyway more so focused on health and business and family.

Could be coincedence but my mental clarity seems a lot better as well! Could be there is no reflux or going to the toilet all the time.

Def worth a shot for health wise and gut health wise!

Yea, I'm sitting here talking all this shit and honestly may do the same. Plus the fact that decent quality meat is practically pricing me out. My grocery bills are stupid. Eggs and dairy will be my main whole protein sources, with a decreasing reliance on dairy, as well. Wild caught fatty fish will bring up the rear

Yea, I'm sitting here talking all this shit and honestly may do the same. Plus the fact that decent quality meat is practically pricing me out. My grocery bills are stupid. Eggs and dairy will be my main whole protein sources, with a decreasing reliance on dairy, as well. Wild caught fatty fish will bring up the rear
Cant hurt giving it a shot! Worst thing that can happen is that you go back to your previous ways.

I have learnt a lot about my gut health over the last 3-4 years and the last week i feel like my own self knowledge has doubled. Pretty much through elimination. I was blaming some things and consuming some things and was totally incorrect. I wont go into what as its different for each person with gut issues and i dont want to miss inform.

Will i still eat meat?? Yes probably have a steak or lamb every few months, but thats because i love them. Not sure how my gut will go, probably have too take some digestive aids but will see when it happens

I would say you guys will probably see some benefit. Not because a vegan diet is healthy let alone optimal (esp for athletes) but probably because most of us eat way to much meat for best digestion and we cram food to discomfort and harm our digestion.

Vegans would probably experience the same if they switched it up and enjoyed a good steak or turkey a few times a week. They would probably feel like a new person lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws