over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vegetarianism all the rage in MMA

I'm old. Anyone I know that is my age or older that has been a vegetarian many years are skinny people with no muscle. I just think it is a bad idea. Especially if you are young and coming up...what a bad time to limit muscle recovery.

According to the article, the vegetarian athletes all commented on how their recovery is much improved.

Very good post bro...

There's nothing wrong with the vegetarian diet, when done correctly. There's also nothing wrong with a "meat eating" diet, when done correctly. The problems occur when these diets are done incorrectly. You know, the vegetarian who eats cheese pizzas and ramen noodles 24/7 or the meat-eater who camps out at Burger King all day.

Vegetarians still have plenty of great sources of fats and proteins - eggs and milk. Even vegans still have good sources of fats and proteins - beans, mainly soybeans, rice protein, etc.

I still think that meat-eating is superior, since man is a meat-eating animal. We were built to run off of proteins and fats found in animals (e.g. the omega 3's found only in animal sources). But even so, that doesn't mean that all vegetarians and vegans are automatically unhealthy.

I think all of these stories about ghastly and skinny vegetarians/vegans are overstated. A vegetarian/vegan could easily point to an overweight meat-eater. The key is to know your nutritional requirements and to follow them judiciously. That might be a little more difficult for the vegan, but it's still doable.

Hell, I LOVE vegan proteins. Soy? Rice? Pea? Sign me up! They're like 40% cheaper than milk proteins! These proteins make my protein intake affordable (THANK YOU TrueProtein)!

All of that said, it kind of annoys me when people become vegetarian or vegan for "health reasons." Whenever anyone says that they're a vegetarian because meat-eating is unhealthy, I write them off as an uneducated asshole who's afraid of dietary fat.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I trully believe that a lot of these negative soy studies are promoted, funded and put out there by the dairy industry. Milk- the way most consumers drink it- is poison. I believe a soy beverage to be superior in every nutritional way to pasteurized cow milk. I drink soy every day and my free tes and epi tes ratios are off the chart. Havent grown tits yet either.

According to the article, the vegetarian athletes all commented on how their recovery is much improved.
I trained as a vegetarian all thru the 80's. For bicycle racing and triathlon, I had decent endurance, but with the diet I am on now, I am leaner, stronger & recover quicker. I remember how wore out I was all the time training 6 hours a day and now here I am 30 years later putting in the same amount of training and doing just as well. i doubt I could do what I am doing on a vegetarian diet. But that is just me.

Less than 1% of 1%

I like how the article claimed it "Was all the Rage in MMA" and yet only cited three fighters out of hundreds of thousands. The figheters listed are cutting alot of weight to get down to where they need to be. Jake Shields is normally a 185lb fighter; who had to cut to get to 185lb. Now he's trying to keep his body weight down so he can get destroyed at 170lb by GSP.

Fitch would be better off going down to 155 so a vegan diet would help with this. Diaz is constantly fighting to stay at his wieght. I also like the claim "No one trains as hard or as long as us". Says who? You? Every fighter in every gym can make that claim and they're all eating meat.

GSP doesnt take a shit unless its sent to a lab and analyzed. He has taken his profession to a whole new level. He trains with the best in the world and only employs the best people in the world to work with him. The dude eats meat and he will destroy Jake Shields. He will out last him in five rounds; but it wont go that long.

If you take a look at most MMA fighters in general (meat eaters AND non-meat eaters) most DO NOT have ridiculous physiques. They all look like random guys who just took their shirt off. Very few have bulging biceps or big chests. Most look like your average joe so some of them being vegetarian doesn't impress OR make me think little of them. Show me a big chiseled vegetarian and i will be impressed.

I like how the article claimed it "Was all the Rage in MMA" and yet only cited three fighters out of hundreds of thousands. The figheters listed are cutting alot of weight to get down to where they need to be.

That is my thinking, but then bionic proved us wrong by showing it was %40 ;) :p

Why are you trying to play me out, AD? I didn't say it was 40% of all professional MMA athletes. I, astutely, pointed out that 40% of Strikeforce's Champions (2/5) were vegetarians. :p;) I never agreed that vegetarianism was "all the rage in MMA", either. You asked to show you winners that were vegetarians and I pointed them out. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

Last edited:
If you take a look at most MMA fighters in general (meat eaters AND non-meat eaters) most DO NOT have ridiculous physiques. They all look like random guys who just took their shirt off. Very few have bulging biceps or big chests. Most look like your average joe so some of them being vegetarian doesn't impress OR make me think little of them. Show me a big chiseled vegetarian and i will be impressed.

exactly

Big & chiseled:

Attachments

• 5057552725_be3e243050_z.jpg
    5057552725_be3e243050_z.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 164
I gotta have my meat! There's no way I could without beef chicken or pork. I need all of them.

Only 1 thing more important than those ya mentioned to me bro and im about to get me some- if ya know what I mean. She gettin outta shower after our workout bout now. Later. But on topic I agree. Need that animal protein. I can see a big difference without no matter what supplementation and how much broccoli. I could live on animal meat and fiber alone. Essential for protein synthesis Taking AAS without ample protein is counterproductive and a waste. Tough to get on veggie soup.

I gotta have my meat! There's no way I could without beef chicken or pork. I need all of them.

It says fitch aims for 90grams of protein a day... Did anyone else catch that? He might not be huge but he is a strong guy for sure. Hard to believe

Building significant amounts of muscle naturally or otherwise without the essential amino acid chains provided by animal proteins is extremely difficult and anyone who claims to be a vegetarian and/or vegan bodybuilder is probably lying.
My 2 cents
M2M:cool:

Not to long ago we were talking about Herschel Walker NFL Great claiming to be vegan. Now at 47+ he's doing MMA.

Her is a pic from his fight last year.

Attachments

• herschel-walker-MMA.jpg
    herschel-walker-MMA.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I trully believe that a lot of these negative soy studies are promoted, funded and put out there by the dairy industry. Milk- the way most consumers drink it- is poison. I believe a soy beverage to be superior in every nutritional way to pasteurized cow milk. I drink soy every day and my free tes and epi tes ratios are off the chart. Havent grown tits yet either.

In that case then the agriculture industry/USDA can produce studies saying showing soy in a positive light, it is a highly subsidized money making crop. More soy = more money compared to alternatives.

There is a huge amount of true studies showing how toxis soy is, unless fermented (and still then not very great).

Pasteurized low fat milk is just sugar water. Raw full fat milk is incredibly high in essential fats and amino acids. Soy milk and soy products are crap. Pasteurized milk is slightly less crappy. Raw milk is a nutritional goldmine.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws