over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Venice CA. 80&90s

crete1871

Newbies
I'm trying to get in touch with anyone else that was training at Joe Gold's gym in Santa Monica or Gold's gym in Venice during the 80s and the early 90s. I trained there during that time and had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know Joe Gold who made all the equipment by hand to suit the needs of bodybuilders, Arnold trained there and was one of the easiest guys to talk to as well as most all of the pros and there were many. It was like a big family and I haven't seen that same energy in any gym since then including the new World gym that Joe built and moved to in Venice, it was a big clean place with the mass production equipment and didn't have the soul of the old atmosphere.
If anyone is out there that was around there drop me a line on
Professional Muscle I'M 58 now and got my first weight set at7 years old but I still have to move that iron I have sacrificed a lot to live this life for a few trophies and about 10 minutes on stage, in all but the people Who train have a connection that most people will never understand and I like it that way. I'm rambling on under the influence of meds for a injury. Is there a forum for old antiques like me? Later
80svenicebb

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I definitely believe the part about rambling because your under the influence of meds!

:welcome:

I never visited Joe Golds old gym, but heard lots about it from friends. I too came from a hardcore gym at that time that was like a family. When I had a show, the entire gym would go to support, 99% guys training hard as balls. You do not see anything like it anymore, everything is a fitness center not a gym. Guys now would not understand the way it was and I am glad I experienced it.

I never visited Joe Golds old gym, but heard lots about it from friends. I too came from a hardcore gym at that time that was like a family. When I had a show, the entire gym would go to support, 99% guys training hard as balls. You do not see anything like it anymore, everything is a fitness center not a gym. Guys now would not understand the way it was and I am glad I experienced it.
I'm glad to hear from someone that can remember those things and isn't drooling their oatmeal lol!

I'm glad to hear from someone that can remember those things and isn't drooling their oatmeal lol!

One of the things that always made me laugh was Joe gold refunding someone's membership money if they left their dumbbells out or drop them on the floor he would walk out in the middle of floor or find the guy that did it and he would throw cash , their membership money at their feet and he would say" get the hell out of my gym you don't leave this place in a mess"Men make a living those weights"!On Sunday night's the gym would close earlier than the rest of the week days a walk out in the middle of the gym floor and yell the Gym's closed get the hell out and all the people that hadn't been around for awhile would take off once he saw that all the new recruits had taken off he would throw the gym keys to someone that had been around while and let us keep the gym open till we got done training.
He was a cool old man that had seen bodybuilding from it's roots.

My girlfriend and I moved to the West coast and joined World which was Joe Gold's gym.
It was surreal to be surrounded by all the people that we had seen in the magazines.Samir, Franco, Arnold,Lou Ferrigno,Gaspari, Danny Padilla
who's one of the best and coolest, always smiling Roger Callard,he was the one wearing the sockhat passing the football in Pumping Iron.He would always have a lady who looked like she just stepped out of a magazine.
Mike Christian Bertyl Fox,TomPlatz Matt Mendenhall,BobParis Cory Everson Benny the Beast Podda and I could go on but it was busting with talent.
We me Arnold the first week in there,I started the conversation by telling him that I had a lot of friends getting flattops since seeing his movie and he told me that I had good taste in women, and my girlfriend was fine.
As he walked on after our chat she was doing flat bench flys and as he passed her he said'Pump
that chest"!
Having a hot girlfriend was a real Icebreaker with those guys who were in the old movie Pumping Iron.They all appreciated fine females and reaped the rewards of being built. To the Victor goes the spoils.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner