advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vertical Leg Press - Anyone train on one?...

homonunculus

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ladies n' Gents,

I'm trying to find a commercial grade vertical (inverted) leg press for my facility. Best I've been able to locate is a Yukon model selling for only ~$4-500 (7% grade, so nearly vertical).

Does anyone have one of these in your gym and if so, which brand?...

TIA!

-Randy

Look at the Nebula line. Heavy duty equipment.

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• 6005C.jpg
    6005C.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6,912
DONT BUY YUKON

Ladies n' Gents,

I'm trying to find a commercial grade vertical (inverted) leg press for my facility. Best I've been able to locate is a Yukon model selling for only ~$4-500 (7% grade, so nearly vertical).

Does anyone have one of these in your gym and if so, which brand?...

TIA!

-Randy

Yukon sucks! Mine fell apart after 3 weeks.....horrible made piece.

I wish I worked out @ your facility. Your mindset is similar to a members especially members who want to gain muscle, not socialize. I have to get creative and with vertical leg presses I use a smith machine and do 1 leg @ a time with a couple plates on each side. A little tricky at first trying to unlock and lock the lever arms with your foot but no problem at all.

Hit Quad-Smack up. I dont know if this was on the list or not but he may have one.

Here is the link.
**broken link removed** 44083

This is if he dsoesnt sell it all at one time.

Yukon sucks! Mine fell apart after 3 weeks.....horrible made piece.

Thats because it couldnt handle all the heavy weight you use Phil!:eek:

Thanks, Guys!

Main - Some other folks found that Nebula - somehow I missed it. Thanks for that - it looks great.

I'm hearing the same about the Yukon, Phil. Shame - it looks decent.

Inoverdrive - yes, I looked a Quadsmack's video. He even mentioned a vertical leg press there, but in the vid. all I saw was a regular 45 degree model. (Used would be totally fine by me.)

Those vertical leg presses are great - doesn't beat up the spine so much, and you don't have to spend half a day loading the damn thing up... LOL

The nice thing a bout the Nebula is that the plates aren't loading directly on top of one another. Those are a total pain to get off of one another. on some Models, if you use a 25 or 35lb "spacer," you run out of room on the posts. Using 100lb plates are even harder to take off, especially when you can barely stand after training on the thing...

-R

nebula all the way. Old gym i went to had all of their leg pieces, awesome, hardcore equipment well worth the price. would you by any chance have some pics of your gym

I wish I worked out @ your facility. Your mindset is similar to a members especially members who want to gain muscle, not socialize. I have to get creative and with vertical leg presses I use a smith machine and do 1 leg @ a time with a couple plates on each side. A little tricky at first trying to unlock and lock the lever arms with your foot but no problem at all.

Big E - it sounds like it would be good to have you training there.

CHeck youtube - there are vid's of guys doing inverted smith leg presses (bilateral).

If yours has a safety catch, you might set the bar up on that and use some kind of clamp or bungee (even a rubber band) to hold the smith in the unlocked position, resting on the safety catches. Then you start the press from the bottom (and finish on the bottom) without having to worry about unlocking and locking the smith in place. If you're doing one-legged presses, this won't be so tough to start the weight out with, if you lift up the 1st time with both legs. (Just make sure those safety catches are strong!)

-R

THE BEST ONE I EVER SAW HOMON WAS ACTUALLY A AFS MODEL.. THEY WENT OUT OF BIZ BUT, THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE IN REFURBUSHED CONDITION ON USED GYM EQUIPMENT WEB SITES.. MATTER OF FACT THE GOLDS IN VENICE HAD A AFS FOR YEARS.. YOU CAN SEE IT IN MAY BATTLE FOR THE OLYMPIA VIDEOSS.. THAT BEING SAID, THE BESTY ON ON THE MARKET THESE DAYS ARE NEBULA AND STREAMLINE.. STREAMLINE MAKES SOME GOOD HEAVY STUFF.. I USED THE VERTICLE NEBULA AND THE STREAMLINE VERSION AND BOTH WERE VERY NICE..

I can say from my experience that the nebula works great. It is a pain to get the plates off, but its not really all that bad. I never tried 100 lbs plates, those might be rough. There is plenty of room on there to stack 45s though. I had it loaded up with nearly 500 lbs and there was still plenty more room to add more.

be careful on those ... all that blood rush to the head can cause a stroke and you may have a lawsuit. That thing serves the same purpose as a normal leg press.

THE BEST ONE I EVER SAW HOMON WAS ACTUALLY A AFS MODEL.. THEY WENT OUT OF BIZ BUT, THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE IN REFURBUSHED CONDITION ON USED GYM EQUIPMENT WEB SITES.. MATTER OF FACT THE GOLDS IN VENICE HAD A AFS FOR YEARS.. YOU CAN SEE IT IN MAY BATTLE FOR THE OLYMPIA VIDEOSS.. THAT BEING SAID, THE BESTY ON ON THE MARKET THESE DAYS ARE NEBULA AND STREAMLINE.. STREAMLINE MAKES SOME GOOD HEAVY STUFF.. I USED THE VERTICLE NEBULA AND THE STREAMLINE VERSION AND BOTH WERE VERY NICE..

Thanks, Bud - very helpful. I think I'm getting closer here.

AFS like this guy, eh?...

**broken link removed**

I'll have to keep looking for a streamline... (Not much luck tonight.)

LATS and Maldorf (or anyone else): It looks like the Nebula loads from the front and back, but the plates don't *stack* atop one another, do they?...

-R

be careful on those ... all that blood rush to the head can cause a stroke and you may have a lawsuit. That thing serves the same purpose as a normal leg press.

Thanks for the heads up, Tattered. I may actually post a specific sign on there reminding folks to breath, etc. (without being incriminating as to potential risk).

-R

RANDY.. I JUST CALLED MY BUD WHO WORKS FOR ICARIAN.. NOW PRECOR.. HE SAID HE THOUGHT STREAMLINE IS NO MORE.. TOO BAD.. THEY MADE GREAT EQUIPMENT.. A VERY GOOD VERTICLE.. YES, THAT IS THE AFS UNIT.. AWESOME.. FOR 899 IT IS A STEAL.. I USED THE NEBULA YEARS AGO AND IT WAS VERY NICE ALSO.. BUT, I LIKED THE AFS UNIT MORE.. JUST MY OPINION..

RANDY.. I JUST CALLED MY BUD WHO WORKS FOR ICARIAN.. NOW PRECOR.. HE SAID HE THOUGHT STREAMLINE IS NO MORE.. TOO BAD.. THEY MADE GREAT EQUIPMENT.. A VERY GOOD VERTICLE.. YES, THAT IS THE AFS UNIT.. AWESOME.. FOR 899 IT IS A STEAL.. I USED THE NEBULA YEARS AGO AND IT WAS VERY NICE ALSO.. BUT, I LIKED THE AFS UNIT MORE.. JUST MY OPINION..

Oh - HUGE thanks for making the call...

I'm finding zilch looking for a streamline model.

I just looked at the AFS model and again and am 95% sure its like the one that I used to use down in FL when I'd go down to see my folks.

Its gonna cost a good amt. to ship (Maybe $500) to me, but its worth it. (The one in FL was like training on a tank... LOL)

--------------------

On a related, what do you think of this guy:

**broken link removed**

Its got a huge footprint, but is prob. worth it b/c you can do decline, flat and 30˚ incline...

-R

On a related, what do you think of this guy:

**broken link removed**

Its got a huge footprint, but is prob. worth it b/c you can do decline, flat and 30˚ incline...

-R

My old gym had something like this. The only i used, you couldnt go extremely heavy, but it had a great feel to it.

ive used one by

AFS (advanced free wt. systems) used to use frank zane in ads. not sure if they are around as i googled them and nothing showed up.

amazing piece, looks like it would put alot of stress on lower back but not at all...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131