advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vertical Leg Press - Anyone train on one?...

My old gym had something like this. The only i used, you couldnt go extremely heavy, but it had a great feel to it.

Main,

Yes, that's kind of what I like about it. (It get old loading a shitload of plates around sometimes...) I recall seeing one like this in a few of the BTFO vids, too (They've got everything at Gold's Venice... LOL) and even Dennis James (maybe at Milo's gym in Fullerton) is only using a 45 + 25 each side I think (and he plays with 405 BB inclines...).

-R

Ladies n' Gents,

I'm trying to find a commercial grade vertical (inverted) leg press for my facility. Best I've been able to locate is a Yukon model selling for only ~$4-500 (7% grade, so nearly vertical).

Does anyone have one of these in your gym and if so, which brand?...

TIA!

-Randy

ive always felt awkward on a vertical leg press.
I like regular leg press or hack squat.

I was thinking about this while I was surfing craigslist. I saw this one has the 100lb plates on it along with some others.

**broken link removed**

I was thinking about this while I was surfing craigslist. I saw this one has the 100lb plates on it along with some others.

**broken link removed**

Thanks, man.

Jeez - that's cheap as hell for what looks like good equipment!!! I am trying to avoid the top loading vert. leg presses - just too damn awkward to load / unload.

Def. looks like solid stuff - probably custom made by a local guy, which a lot of times makes for great stuff. You get some guy who is a metal worker and has trained for years and just says, shit, I can do this soo much better... (and a lot of times they're right!) LOL

-R

Bit off topic, but speaking of leg machines that you cant use much weight on, have you ever used the swing squat machine? That machine really isolates the quads it seems, and causes zero knee pain. You can go ass deep too. My old gym had one and I always got a great workout when I incorporated it.
**broken link removed**

Bit off topic, but speaking of leg machines that you cant use much weight on, have you ever used the swing squat machine? That machine really isolates the quads it seems, and causes zero knee pain. You can go ass deep too. My old gym had one and I always got a great workout when I incorporated it.
**broken link removed**

Man - it looks like you'd need 400 sqft just for that machine alone!!!

Paramount makes something kind of like that:

**broken link removed**

Shit, on this one, some folks have to put weight on the front end to *reduce* the load. (I can't recall from the last time I used one, but I think I only needed about 180lb on there for what felt like it would have been a deep 405 - 455 or so on a back squat.)

-R

**broken link removed**

Shit, on this one, some folks have to put weight on the front end to *reduce* the load. (I can't recall from the last time I used one, but I think I only needed about 180lb on there for what felt like it would have been a deep 405 - 455 or so on a back squat.)

-R

That looks real similar. I remember only using maybe 180-230 lbs on there and that was enough to limit me to a tough 12-15 reps on the swing squat. Main thing nice about it is that it takes almost all of the pressure off the knee and all you feel is muscle.
I trained with John Parillo for a few months and we always used his belt squat machine. That was probably the best stimulus for leg growth that I ever experienced. Wondering how many gyms out there have one. Really do miss having that.
Anyone else out there experienced using the belt squat going past the point of failure?

That looks real similar. I remember only using maybe 180-230 lbs on there and that was enough to limit me to a tough 12-15 reps on the swing squat. Main thing nice about it is that it takes almost all of the pressure off the knee and all you feel is muscle.
I trained with John Parillo for a few months and we always used his belt squat machine. That was probably the best stimulus for leg growth that I ever experienced. Wondering how many gyms out there have one. Really do miss having that.
Anyone else out there experienced using the belt squat going past the point of failure?

Check it, man:

**broken link removed**

-R

**broken link removed**

-R

Everything at your fingertips. Gotta love the internet.

**broken link removed**

I HAVE A BELT SQUAT AT MY GYM.

Damn it, I wish I had a real gym close to me. I have to settle for what used to be a Gold's. We have nothing great there.

Check it, man:

**broken link removed**

-R

NIce find! I wonder if he even makes those anymore. It really hits your legs hard. I was able to go much heavier than what I can squat, so the stimulus was intense. The guy I was lifting with, a powerlifter being trained by John Parillo, had his dad cut some special 200 lb plates for us to use on it! Steve could do 800 lbs on it and I was doing 600 lbs. We couldnt get enough weight on the belt using just 100 lbs plates.

NIce find! I wonder if he even makes those anymore. It really hits your legs hard. I was able to go much heavier than what I can squat, so the stimulus was intense. The guy I was lifting with, a powerlifter being trained by John Parillo, had his dad cut some special 200 lb plates for us to use on it! Steve could do 800 lbs on it and I was doing 600 lbs. We couldnt get enough weight on the belt using just 100 lbs plates.

That's awesome, man. What a blast, eh?... Was that the most Parillo had seem someone use?... (What were you guys squatting back then?...)

-R

No he doesn't make them anymore. A few years ago some Parrillo equipment was on ebay. I emailed the seller about measurements while the auction for the seated calf was in progress. The auction ended with no bids so I emailed him and offered to buy it. I drove to pick it up and while I talked to him (he was actually not the owner but selling the stuff out of her homegym for her) he told me he had contacted John Parrillo about the stuff before listing on ebay. He was told because of the high cost of making such heavy duty equipment he was searching around to find a manufacturer who would make more for him. So far is hasn't happened.

That seller had a lot of old Cybex along with Parrillo pieces in her gym. The standing calf with the forced rep handles and the 400lb stack is burned in my skull. There was also the chin-dip rack and an arched incline bench.

A gym in Evansville, IL listed a chin dip rack on ebay about a month ago for about $275. They just want to get rid of it but no one bid on it.

No he doesn't make them anymore. A few years ago some Parrillo equipment was on ebay. I emailed the seller about measurements while the auction for the seated calf was in progress. The auction ended with no bids so I emailed him and offered to buy it. I drove to pick it up and while I talked to him (he was actually not the owner but selling the stuff out of her homegym for her) he told me he had contacted John Parrillo about the stuff before listing on ebay. He was told because of the high cost of making such heavy duty equipment he was searching around to find a manufacturer who would make more for him. So far is hasn't happened.

That seller had a lot of old Cybex along with Parrillo pieces in her gym. The standing calf with the forced rep handles and the 400lb stack is burned in my skull. There was also the chin-dip rack and an arched incline bench.

A gym in Evansville, IL listed a chin dip rack on ebay about a month ago for about $275. They just want to get rid of it but no one bid on it.

THat equipemnt you mention is the best! THe old gym I lifted at had all of that. THe standing calf was exceptional. I dont understand why nobody else has made standing calf machine with the parallel bars there for forcing out reps. His seated calf was the best ive ever used also. All of parillo's benches seemed to have the arched top on them. It put you in perfect position, really helped take my shoulders out of the movement and could feel it more in the chest. Anyone that has a chance to buy some of this should jump on it.

That's awesome, man. What a blast, eh?... Was that the most Parillo had seem someone use?... (What were you guys squatting back then?...)

-R

Not sure what the most John ever saw someone use on the belt squat, but it couldnt have been much more than what Steve used. Steve could get somewhere between 8-10 reps with 800 lbs, I was getting about 6 reps with 600 lbs. Steve lifted in the 242 lbs class and could squat around 800 lbs if I remember right. I was only doing maybe 525 lbs at a weight of 235 lbs.

THat equipemnt you mention is the best! THe old gym I lifted at had all of that. THe standing calf was exceptional. I dont understand why nobody else has made standing calf machine with the parallel bars there for forcing out reps. His seated calf was the best ive ever used also. All of parillo's benches seemed to have the arched top on them. It put you in perfect position, really helped take my shoulders out of the movement and could feel it more in the chest. Anyone that has a chance to buy some of this should jump on it.

I spent some time going through emails I saved:

http://www.parrillo.com/catalogs/equipmentcatalog.pdf#search='parrillo%20gym%20equipment'

**broken link removed**

That chin & dip rack was relisted. I noticed the Parrillo T bar in the second picture at the bottom of the mirror- no sign of the gym selling that.

**broken link removed**

If anyone comes across a Parillo standing calf machine for sale again, I'd like to know! I missed out on ebay when I seen it there a few years back. I was out of town away from a computer and didn't get a chance to bid.

bigtwig

Thougth I would add this too, as it looks very neat, along with a lot of the other pieces at strengthequipment.com

bigtwig

Attachments

• pl70deglegpress.jpg
    pl70deglegpress.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3,027

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear