over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

VERTIGO....anyone else?

wizim

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
ive been battling some major vertigo the last few weeks. it comes and goes and is triggered by intensity. very weird whats happening to me.going to make an appointment with ENT today. just wondering if anyone else here is experiencing it. want to rule out any drugs.

I had it bad about a month ago. I just went to my primary and we decided it was a sinus infection. I never had a fever and I felt fine otherwise. Anyway, doc gave me some antibiotics and after about 3 days it went away. Hopefully that's all it is. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I've had it a few times since last June and it's awful. The first time I thought I was having a stroke, the whole room was just moving back and forth at an insane speed and it also made me puke. But in my case when I have it it only gets triggered when I'm either laying down or bent over and my head is in a certain position. It's called BPPV, but it's awful feeling and triggers a ton of anxiety and I can't even stand when it's going on, I have to wait for it to subside after I get my head in a different position. I also for like a month or longer afterwards have like really short dizzy spells where it's just like a split second of dizziness. Vertigo blows hard

I've had mine since 2005 car accident - car crashed into my driver door, got a concussions and bruised up. Afterwards, ringing in my left ear, motion sickness daily and vertigo (a bad episode only happens about 1 time per year). I can drive a car fine, but can't be a passenger, also no motorcycles, boats, jet skies.. It sucks!!

i busted my ear drum 9 years ago while freediving in the bahamas. i was sick for several days. couldnt even get out of bed. doc gavce me a z pack and it went away.
ever since if i do super intense workouts or like someone above mentioned get my head in a certain way while working (ex: 2 weeks ago i was taking a wheel off my truck. i was bent over wrenching the breaker bar for 8 lugs (f350) and i go really sick. spent the rest of the day puking.

i busted my ear drum 9 years ago while freediving in the bahamas. i was sick for several days. couldnt even get out of bed. doc gavce me a z pack and it went away.
ever since if i do super intense workouts or like someone above mentioned get my head in a certain way while working (ex: 2 weeks ago i was taking a wheel off my truck. i was bent over wrenching the breaker bar for 8 lugs (f350) and i go really sick. spent the rest of the day puking.

If it's triggered by certain positions it might be BPPV brother. When you are having your issues does it get triggered when you lay down and turn your head a one way or the other?

Vertigo...many possible things at work here. Good to see you are consulting a physician, top notch. May need a CT scan of head, cardiac stress test. Blood pressure ok...take any BP meds, maybe BP or heart rate is too low? Sinus problems?

Meclizine (OTC drug or pharmacy can order) can help in some cases.

Last edited:
It happened to me about a month ago. I went to the doctor and it turned out I had some water stuck behind my left ear drum. I got on some 24 hour claritin and it was better in about a week. Pretty freaky stuff.

I have gotten mild vertigo before from drinking waaaaay too much caffeine. I cut back on my coffee and energy drink intake, and the vertigo went away.

I've had it for 12 years now, was diagnosed with Meniere's and BPV.
Do you have any anxiety? Anxiety can cause it, also inner ear.
In terms of treatment , I'm rx'ed .5 of Klonopin daily for it is a godsend.

They also do this thing at the ENT where you lay on the table with your each ear faced to the ground for like a minute and it's supposed to help( Didn't do anything for me tho)

A doc may get you an MRI to see what's going on.

Mine is caused by having ear infections as a kid, would get them every month.
i hope they can get it figured out for you, vertigo is the worst

If it's just BPV a doc can confirm it via a few simple tests. No need for any imaging unless BPV is ruled out.

ive been battling some major vertigo the last few weeks. it comes and goes and is triggered by intensity. very weird whats happening to me.going to make an appointment with ENT today. just wondering if anyone else here is experiencing it. want to rule out any drugs.

I have a close, dear friend that's been suffering with 'vertigo' for the last 6 months. She was just diagnosed with BPPV.

Dizziness from loose crystals in your head | Swedish Medical Center Seattle and Issaquah

Epley Maneuver. Check it out.

This was a huge help to my grandfather who was suffering from bad bouts of vertigo. Took months and months to convince him it was more than likely an inner ear issue, went to the doctor, they performed the Epley Maneuver, and it was like a switch got flipped. Vertigo gone.

I dont know if its a coincidence or not..but ive noticed i have mild vertigo since i started taking the Meditrope Black Tops. Very strange.

more info . . . hope this helps

This was a huge help to my grandfather who was suffering from bad bouts of vertigo. Took months and months to convince him it was more than likely an inner ear issue, went to the doctor, they performed the Epley Maneuver, and it was like a switch got flipped. Vertigo gone.

Serendipitously, last night I was reading an issue of The New Yorker,
((January 23, 2017, THE HEROISM OF INCREMENTAL CARE by Atul
Gawande, one of my favorite Dr. authors) and in this article was a
piece on vertigo. I will quote it below:

Three or four times a year, a patient comes in with disabling episodes
of dizziness because of a condition called benign positional vertigo.
It’s caused by loose particles of calcified debris rattling around in the
semicircular canal of the inner ear. Sometimes patients are barely
able to stand. They are nauseated. They vomit. Just turning their head
the wrong way, or rolling over in bed, can bring on a bout of dizziness.
It’s like the worst seasickness you can imagine.

“I have just the trick,” he tells them.

First, to be sure he has the correct diagnosis; he does the Dix-Hallpike test.
He has the patient sit on the examination table, turns his head forty-five
degrees to one side with both hands, and then quickly lays him down flat
with his head hanging off the end of the table. If Asaf’s diagnosis is right,
the patient’s eyes will shake for ten seconds or so, like dice in a cup.

To fix the problem, he performs what’s known as the Epley maneuver.
With the patient still lying with his head turned to one side and hanging
off the table, Asaf rotates his head rapidly the other way until his ear is
pointed toward the ceiling. He holds the patient’s head still for thirty seconds.
He then has him roll onto his side while turning his head downward.
Thirty seconds later, he lifts the patient rapidly to a sitting position. If he’s
done everything right, the calcified particles are flung through the semicircular
canal like marbles out a chute. In most cases, the patient feels better instantly.

The full article is here and is worth reading.
The Heroism of Incremental Care - The New Yorker

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost