advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Very good video on Ketosis, diet, metabolic syndrome, etc.

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8"]Peter Attia - An Advantaged Metabolic State: Human Performance, Resilience & Health - YouTube[/ame]

"In the presentation he will share two components of his physical transformation as he evolved from "fit but fat and metabolically deranged" to "fit, lean, and metabolically dialed in." In particular, Peter will focus on the possible advantages of a ketogenic diet, and in the process share much of what he's learned implementing it in himself and hundreds of others over the past two years."

Even if you know what Keto is and understand most of the basics of diet, this is a great refresher on it all. This dudes work is pretty cool.

This dude's pretty amazing.

"The Straight Dope on Cholesterol and Diet." If you guys are like me, cholesterol is a huge issue. Its even more of an issue when you play with AAS. I have genetically high cholesterol even on no AAS.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAWdHYSrh7M"]Dr Peter Attia - The Straight Dope on Cholesterol and Diet - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for the link bro. THats a long ass video so i will have to watch it later but definitely will try to do so.

In my opinion, one of the healthiest things most human beings can do is go on a keto diet.

In my opinion, one of the healthiest things most human beings can do is go on a keto diet.

I always feel awesome on a super low carb regimen...its been 2 weeks with no carbs so decided to have a cheat meal for dinner, sushi/baked potato/ribs and topped it off with a bowl of ice cream...I feel like shit, tired as hell and ready for bed....i'll take the "endless energy" feeling of low carb over the "rundown" feeling of carbs anyday

Attia and taubes founded the nutrition science initiative, these two have done so much for the scientific community in regards to nutrition.

I always feel awesome on a super low carb regimen...its been 2 weeks with no carbs so decided to have a cheat meal for dinner, sushi/baked potato/ribs and topped it off with a bowl of ice cream...I feel like shit, tired as hell and ready for bed....i'll take the "endless energy" feeling of low carb over the "rundown" feeling of carbs anyday

There's a bodybuilding I follow on Instagram named Kaden Vu who does keto without a ton of protein and looks insane while maintaining on TRT right now. He even trains fasted.

There's a bodybuilding I follow on Instagram named Kaden Vu who does keto without a ton of protein and looks insane while maintaining on TRT right now. He even trains fasted.

Yes I think i've seen him before and he does look great.

Although I love the low carb approach I have serious doubts about the bodies ability to gain muscle in the absence of carbs...i've tried it and it never works for me personaly...the longer I stay on with no carbs the weaker I seem to get. I think timing is the key but also have not been able to nail it perfect without getting fat.

John Anderson, IFBB Pro, says he eats no carbs and basically sets his protien at 2gram/per pound and 1gram fat per pound and he's massive but not sure if I beleive him...his muscle often times has that insulin "baloon" like look to it that seems to come from slin use.

Although I love the low carb approach I have serious doubts about the bodies ability to gain muscle in the absence of carbs...i've tried it and it never works for me personaly...the longer I stay on with no carbs the weaker I seem to get. I think timing is the key but also have not been able to nail it perfect without getting fat.

John Anderson, IFBB Pro, says he eats no carbs and basically sets his protien at 2gram/per pound and 1gram fat per pound and he's massive but not sure if I beleive him...his muscle often times has that insulin "baloon" like look to it that seems to come from slin use.

I haven't tried it to gain muscle because I like carbs too much but I am inclined to agree with everything you said

You will be weak till your enzymes get changed over and you start using fat for energy. Might I add an endless energy source. Took me about 6 months.

You will be weak till your enzymes get changed over and you start using fat for energy. Might I add an endless energy source. Took me about 6 months.

Damn thats a long time with no carbs...i'd be having dreams of cakes and cookies by then lol

It intrigues me a lot, but I don't think I could hold long term keto like this guy. I can diet and drop fat on low carb like every other schmoe, but holding keto so long is tough. Not sure I have the dedication to not over carb and drop out of keto unless I was literally prepping for a show, and I won't be! I never got to the point where I felt "good" on low carb. I always felt less energy, pump and always just depleted.

We will have orally active ketone precursors in a short time. Pat Arnold actually has a product along these lines already, under his baby, Prototype nutrition.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
He is a very intelligent and impressive presenter. I like how he bridges the technical details into laymen's terms.

What I took from it:

1) Ultra-low carb will greatly improve many health markers especially those associated with metabolic syndrome.
2) You can achieve 90% of these benefits from from a low carb vs ketosis diet.
3) There are some interesting metabolic advantages to a keto diet for endurance athletes.
4) Given the energy systems that strength and bodybuilding athletes primary utilize, there is no real performance advantage in these areas. In fact, even the researcher admits, glycogen is the source if fuel for these activities and he works to preserve it as so it is available when needed.

I wonder. Would using slin to push yourself into ketosis make it speed up faster. I don't mean to just get to the start but using some amounts daily?

Has anyone done this?

I don't think i could go very long without carbs. I have too many things i like to eat and can't see myself giving them up forever lmao

I wonder. Would using slin to push yourself into ketosis make it speed up faster. I don't mean to just get to the start but using some amounts daily?

Has anyone done this?

I don't think i could go very long without carbs. I have too many things i like to eat and can't see myself giving them up forever lmao

I just can't imagine constantly having to go out to eat at restaurants and not eating any carbs. It's not easy to do.

How did you expect to feel after eating that? Ready to run a marathon..?

How did you expect to feel after eating that? Ready to run a marathon..?

It could have been a bowl of rice the feeling would be the same...carbs always make me tired, personaly a nice steak would have had me feeling great but its not always good to be obsessed about all of this. Sometimes you have to take the family out and just have a nice time regardless of carbs/protein/ or fat:)

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner