advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Very high calorie fat diet and not gaining fat.

Ocean cool

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was arguing with a friend.

He says that u can eat as much nuts and not gain fat. He says it doesn't make sense but u got to experience it to believe it.

He asked me to consume 250g Protein and 200-250g of fat (which is above my maintenance) and see that u won't get fat.

Strange enough, i remembered my grand father. He was consuming 1kg of nuts a day and he's skinny as hell.

What do u guys think?

Eating fat does not make one fat. Eating well above calories needed for an extended time will. Fat is absolutely necessary. Fat is very important to hormone production. Carbs are unnecessary. Protein and fat, and in whole foods they usually come in the same package, are vital.

Eating fat does not make one fat. Eating well above calories needed for an extended time will. Fat is absolutely necessary. Fat is very important to hormone production. Carbs are unnecessary. Protein and fat, and in whole foods they usually come in the same package, are vital.

This guy says that eat fat way above your maintenance (especially nuts) will not make u fat.

It goes against what we learned but has anyone experience this?
Eating way above maintenance & not gaining fat.

I'm like WTF.

some people claim that when youre on a very high fat diet and youre in ketosis (consuming very little carbs a day, like under 30-50g), the excess fat you consume gets converted into ketones and secreted via the urine and not stored as bodyfat (which causes the typical smell of your piss while on a keto diet).

im not quite sure about this though. if you consume 1kg of nuts youre gonna be above 50g carbs anyway, so i doubt that it would work that way.

"Maintenance calories" is a BS concept in the first place for any of us.

A lot of people are confused by the term "ketosis." You may read that it is a "dangerous state" for the body, and it does sound abnormal to be "in ketosis." But ketosis merely means that our bodies are using fat for energy. Ketones (also called ketone bodies) are molecules generated during fat metabolism, whether from the fat in the guacamole you just ate or fat you were carrying around your middle. When our bodies are breaking down fat for energy, most of the it gets converted more or less directly to ATP. (Remember high school biology? This is the "energy molecule.") But ketones are also produced as part of the process.

When people eat less carbohydrate, their bodies turn to fat for energy, so it makes sense that more ketones are generated. Some of those ketones (acetoacetate and ß-hydroxybutyrate) are used for energy; the heart muscle and kidneys, for example, prefer ketones to glucose. Most cells, including the brain cells, are able to use ketones for at least part of their energy. But there is one type of ketone molecule, called acetone, that cannot be used and is excreted as waste, mostly in the urine and breath (sometimes causing a distinct breath odor).

If enough acetone is in our urine, it can be detected using a dipstick commonly called by the brand name Ketostix (though there are other brands, as well). Even though everyone is generating ketones continuously, this detection in the urine is what is commonly called "ketosis."

The higher the concentration of ketones in the urine, the more purple the sticks will turn. The Atkins Diet, in particular, advises people to monitor ketosis as an indication of fat burning. Other reduced carbohydrate diets don't pay much attention to this, or aren't low enough in carbs to make much of an impression on the sticks. (The latter type of diet is sometimes called a "nonketogenic" low-carb diet.)
Why do some people think ketosis is a bad thing?
There is an assumption that if a body is burning a lot of fat for energy, it must not be getting "enough" glucose. However, there is no indication, from studying people on reduced carbohydrate diets, that this is the case (though there is usually a short period of adjustment -- less than a week, in most cases). Although it's true that our bodies can't break fat down into glucose (though, interestingly, they easily use glucose to make fat), our bodies can convert some of the protein we eat into glucose. Indeed, this works well for people who don't tolerate a lot of sugar, because this conversion happens slowly so it doesn't spike blood glucose.

A dangerous condition called ketoacidosis can develop in those with type 1 diabetes, and it is sometimes confused with normal ketosis. The body usually avoids this state by producing insulin, but people with type 1 diabetes are unable to produce insulin. Even most people with type 2 diabetes who inject insulin usually produce enough insulin of their own to prevent ketoacidosis.

"Maintenance calories" is a BS concept in the first place for any of us.

Truth here...at least for 99.9% of us, calorie expenditure can vary widely on a day-to-day basis depending on internal variables-hormonal status, food thermogenesis-and external-daily activity, varying percentage of macronutrients consumed. I think people get too stuck in the dogma of a static caloric maintenance, and this is where I see the beauty in an approach such as Hernon's eat when hungry. That being said, setting a daily calorie intake is more convienent for many people (and I believe shouldn't make much difference in the end, if you keep an eye on the mirror/scale and adjust accordingly). Anyways, I digress...

To the OP-On one hand, I want to say that the law of thermodynamics can't be overriden (calories in=calories out), but in all honesty, I thinks it's possible. Thermodynamics only work in closed systems, and the human body is about the least closed system out there. There are also many things in nutrition that haven't been nailed down yet...i.e.-weekly, huge 12000 calorie refeeds on contest diets which lead to subsequent weight loss, when they should actually lead to a calorie surplus and therefore weight gain. So hey, could be possible. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes...would be interesting.

You can still get fat eating keto style... this is coming from someone who has lol... its a lot harder to do so though IME, as fat tends to be very satiating and your body self regulates your food intake somewhat.

some people claim that when youre on a very high fat diet and youre in ketosis (consuming very little carbs a day, like under 30-50g), the excess fat you consume gets converted into ketones and secreted via the urine and not stored as bodyfat (which causes the typical smell of your piss while on a keto diet).

im not quite sure about this though. if you consume 1kg of nuts youre gonna be above 50g carbs anyway, so i doubt that it would work that way.

Thats a good way of putting it.

That whats he is challenging me. Its hard to accept but i'm tempted to experience it.

He says as long as your carbs are so low. No matter how much nuts u take some how u can't gain fat.

Have we seen any obese people got fat eating tone of almonds and macnut?

Well you won't get fat by eating fat and protein and greens as well but when ya add a bunch of carbs in conjunction with the fat then yes you will get fat. Fats are essential and you can stay on a ketogenic diet consisting of fats and protein and leave the carbs out and you can still make some decent gains while staying nice and lean in the process.

Bottom line is this: If you do not burn calories that you consume, they will tend to stay as fat. Where do you think they go? I also disagree with that about the above post about carbs being unnecessary. You need a balanced DIET.

What do u guys think?

200g Protein, 300g Carbs, 30g Fat = 2270 calories

VS

200g Protein, 20g carbs, 240g Fat = 3040 calories?

Which one is more like to make u fat?

Bottom line is this: If you do not burn calories that you consume, they will tend to stay as fat. Where do you think they go? I also disagree with that about the above post about carbs being unnecessary. You need a balanced DIET.
I agree you need a balanced diet but I also have known many people to cut carbs out there diet completely and eat super high fat and protein diet and they have only gotten leaner. Yes if you cannot burn what you intake you will pack on some fat. I eat a very balanced diet.

Like what Jizzmo said, the excess fat gets convert into Keto.
Thats why u don't store.

you have tried this for a few days, you can not judge from that. i have gotten fat on keto, so yes, it is possible! as said if you consume more calories than you need you will be get fat BUT you can consume slightly more calories(protein and fat) if you cut the carbs ime.

I agree you need a balanced diet but I also have known many people to cut carbs out there diet completely and eat super high fat and protein diet and they have only gotten leaner. Yes if you cannot burn what you intake you will pack on some fat. I eat a very balanced diet.

You might get leaner, but it isn't something to be done long term. Carbs have certain nutrients and vitamins, some protect against cancer, etc. If you do a well balanced DIET like 250-300 Protien, 200-250 carbs, 75-100 fats, you will get just as lean. It will take longer, but you can do this all year and stay lean and be healthy. You are right to do a balanced DIET.

you have tried this for a few days, you can not judge from that. i have gotten fat on keto, so yes, it is possible! as said if you consume more calories than you need you will be get fat BUT you can consume slightly more calories(protein and fat) if you cut the carbs ime.

well said!

I eat about 430-460 carbs 385-400 Protein 80-90 Fats roughly on training days

I eat about 430-460 carbs 385-400 Protein 80-90 Fats roughly on training days

bro you're doing him a very bad favour. share your drug regimen now so that the picture is complete. if he jumps on this amount of food and does not take adequate amount of drugs he will get fat.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131