over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Very high creatine kinase?

dece870717

Banned
I know that creatine kinase is raised from muscle damage, including heart and can be raised from heavy weightlifting but how much should it really go up from that?

I get blood tests done using directlabs.com and my levels were so high that they actually called me and asked if i had a fax number for my physician.This is the first time they ever called about an out of range result. Looking at the blood test, they didnt flag it has LOW or HIGH, it said ALERT which is probably why they called. My serum creatine kinase levels were 609 U/L and range is 24-204 U/L. Also took the blood test roughly an hour and half after my workout which i wonder if that seriously skewed my results. Anybody know more about creatine kinase levels and relation with bodybuilders/training/aas? Any clue on how high a normal jump that weight lifting would cause?

A friend of mine got around 3000U/L range 26-170U/L...all normal for the docs, they tested him for a lot of things(a nurse told them to don't test him for heart issue because he's a BB but the doc tested him and all was well).
After 3 days of the last workout he get 600U/L.

A friend of mine got around 3000U/L range 26-170U/L...all normal for the docs, they tested him for a lot of things(a nurse told them to don't test him for heart issue because he's a BB but the doc tested him and all was well).
After 3 days of the last workout he get 600U/L.

Ya after reading some more stuff i found thAt CK levels dont mean much when it comes to athletes and bodybuilders because of our constant muscle damage from training. How much can exercise raise creatine kinase level—and does it matter? — The Journal of Family Practice

lol......my first test came in at 680 and then I was in the hospital in the
fall and I was at 1360
Doc's were not concerned at all.
The nurses on the other hand warned my wife that if I didn't stop I'd be looking at transfusions at 50 - whatever.....

I had a 2000 once, they did the same thing, called in "emergency results." You can have a differential test done that isolates smooth muscle damage.

my creatine levels in my urine stay VERY HIGH! Keep a gallon of water with you dude!! and i have had kidney failure (acute) no long term damage done at all, but i never drink soda or much juice, WATER, WATER, WATER. 1+ gallons daily

also keep your potassium levels to a minimum!

Last July I was working a 12 hour day and was with a client doing the paperwork after a session. I was about a week into a low carb diet and had been lifting fairly heavy that week, but nothiing abnormal.

I felt like I was having a heart attack. I got a heavy pressure on my chest, and I could not breathe. My heart felt like it was fluttering instead of beating. To be honest it was pretty scary.

Like a jackass, I drove myself home and had my wife take me to the hospital. After checking my bloodwork and doing an EKG, they admitted me and I stayed for almost a week.

My levels were 13,850. I guess I was a record for my doctor. Come to find out later, Antibiotics will break mucle tissue down and raise the levels. I had been on them for almost 4-5 months due to a sinus infection that would not go away.

The hospital let me go home as soon as I was below 3,000. I guess what happened to me is common with bodybuilders though, the hospital caled it "Rabdo" no clue if that is how it is spelled.

So the antibiotics combined with heavy lifting and me being somewhat dehydrated all added up to a scary experience.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws