advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

very Mild acne after a doxycline cycle, would you reccomend accutane?

peco_12345

Registered
Got bad acne from my last cycle for which i took doxycycline for 3 months, acne is 90% clear however 2 months later i still have mild acne occasionally creeping, should i take accutance and get rid of it or should i get a prescription for a different antibiotic? Currently have been on TRT for 5 months at 200mgs Sust.

Some people, myself included, cant cycle doxy like that. I have to stay on, sucks but I am genetically prone to acne. Also doxy is not a cure all, what other products are you using. We never prescribe just antibiotics for acne. A different antibiotic may work better for you. The only other real choice is Minocycline. Tetracycline is an old compound and the 2 listed above work much better. Not to mention no one is making tetra anymore, we had to switch all of our pts(the ones still insisting on using it) to Mino or Doxy. Without seeing what degree of acne you actually have i cant say either way for accutane. If you can clear it up with other products I would and pass on all the side from accutane.

I would bet your continued acne is from unstable test levels bc of the sust trt. I would prob try and have doc change to cyp and inject x1 wk. This helped quite a bit for my trt induced acne.

I would bet your continued acne is from unstable test levels bc of the sust trt. I would prob try and have doc change to cyp and inject x1 wk. This helped quite a bit for my trt induced acne.

this. I can guarantee your DHT levels are out of whack with your test levels. more drugs is not the answer I dont think. getting labs and KNOWING where you are along with a change to weekly C or E may make a big difference.

acne started towards end of cycle and continued into trt, Doxy cleared most of the issue although some isolated breakouts, Switching to test E this week which will help but i was considering a low dose of accutane to clear the issue. i recently had regular blood work and everything was fine although i did not have test levels checked. thanks for the input.

acne started towards end of cycle and continued into trt, Doxy cleared most of the issue although some isolated breakouts, Switching to test E this week which will help but i was considering a low dose of accutane to clear the issue. i recently had regular blood work and everything was fine although i did not have test levels checked. thanks for the input.

No such thing as a low dose of accutane. There is only an effective dose and non-effective dose. It is figured by weight first then adjusted up if needed. There is also a ceiling of total treatment mgs also figured by weight.

No such thing as a low dose of accutane. There is only an effective dose and non-effective dose. It is figured by weight first then adjusted up if needed. There is also a ceiling of total treatment mgs also figured by weight.

What? yeah, ok.

I was on a low dose of accutane for about 8 months. 20mg/day. I broke out for the entire 8 months, and when I stopped the accutane, the acne went away. I'm 99% acne free now; been almost a year since i stopped. I get a occasional white head on my back, but that's it.

Don't buy UGL accutane if you take the plunge. Get human grade.

What? yeah, ok.

I was on a low dose of accutane for about 8 months. 20mg/day. I broke out for the entire 8 months, and when I stopped the accutane, the acne went away. I'm 99% acne free now; been almost a year since i stopped. I get a occasional white head on my back, but that's it.

Don't buy UGL accutane if you take the plunge. Get human grade.

Sounds like you just proved my point. If you would have been on an effective dose you wouldn't have been breaking out the whole time you were on it, usually only the first 1-2 months. 20mg is only enough for a 140lb person.

If you choose this route here's the normal dosing guidelines : 0.5-1.0 mg/kg/day for 15-20 wks

Sounds like you just proved my point. If you would have been on an effective dose you wouldn't have been breaking out the whole time you were on it, usually only the first 1-2 months. 20mg is only enough for a 140lb person.

LMFAO! Wow, you're an idiot. You obviously NEVER talked to a dermo or done any research about accutane. You are told day 1 you will break out. The dermo said I probly won't see any results till AFTER my 6-8 month "cycle." Starting dose is 40mg, which I was on, till liver values were too high for them.

Last edited:
I ran a low dose of 10mgs a day for 4 months and I rarely ever get any acne now. Just the occasional one or two from sweating my ass off in this heat.

Last edited:
LMFAO! Wow, you're an idiot. You obviously NEVER talked to a dermo or done any research about accutane. You are told day 1 you will break out. The dermo said I probly won't see any results till AFTER my 6-8 month "cycle." Starting dose is 40mg, which I was on, till liver values were too high for them.

You are right... I know nothing about this. I have only taken accutane x2, oh and not to mention I am a RN for a dermatologist for the last 5yrs(@serving 6 yrs as a greenside corpsman).But i have no idea what I am taking about I just make a living doing this. Safe your broscience for another debate

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity