over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Victor Richards Passes **UPDATE: HE'S ALIVE!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
He always seemed like me an interesting character, for some reason, no one in the industry wanted to know more about him. Or maybe, he didn't want to know anything about the industry. I understand that he did not like competition, but he could have contributed more to everyone if he had shared his thoughts.

RIP

He did make money from the industry through his Weider contact and guest posing though. Some have argued that he would have risked that if he cut down like everyone else and competed... In that case anything other than being #1 might have been seen as a downgrade.

Post I found said that this is him at 17!!! Wow.

R (3).jpeg

He did make money from the industry through his Weider contact and guest posing though. Some have argued that he would have risked that if he cut down like everyone else and competed... In that case anything other than being #1 might have been seen as a downgrade.

Yes, this is true, he took advantage of his off-season appearance and was highly publicized ... but that didn't last long.

He did a couple of shows, but due to politics or subjectivity of sport, he decided not to continue competing. This may have been a logical sentiment or a way of avoiding comparisons with the best athletes in the world.

I have a old muscle digest magazine of him at 18 doing a arm routine.. incredible at his age and said he was natural at the time.. I believe him as he was fairly open about his use..

When you have genetics like this it doesn't take much.. I witnessed it numerous times in my job in corrections.. some guys just explode... they have it.. Trevor Smith of Nuclear Nutrition talked to vic once about his training and usage.. Trevor said what he recommended.. Trevor told me that Victor laughed and said that was ridiculous.. he told Trevor he hated test and didn't like to use it.. Trevor said what vic used was not what he expected for his size and hated the common usage compounds like test dbol.. Trevor mention tren ( parabolan) and vic said it was great but couldn't be used much as it was bad for you..
I only bring up the compounds so that you know that many of the mass monsters " just had it".. the genetics.. didn't need much.. and some if the guys who can barely make classic weight are the abusers.. its not a size thing all the time..

Damn sad to hear!

Vic. was a genetic marvel, some people just have the genetics to get fucking HUGE, guys like him, Roelly, Ruhl and some other just have that get huge gene..LOL

Being from OC, back in the 80's we would hear of these monsters training in Venice... Barbarian Brothers, Platz, Vic Richards. We didn't have the internet and you could not find many (if any) pics of him in mainstream mags. Occasionally an underground mag would pop up at the gym and the meatheads would pass it around marveling at the Venice Beach mass monsters. Occasionally we would take a drive up to watch them train. Never saw Vic, but I did get to see the Barbarians.

Vic Richards was the man back in the late 80's and through the mid-90's! This is very sad to hear of his passing, may he RIP.

I did read (many many years back) from a few people that he wasn't the brightest of people. I don't really care about that, as long as his character was good and he was a good person....which I have no clue on, though never really heard anything negative either....not that i'd know, lol. The guy was just massive for his time, a true freak for his time!

My thoughts and prayers go out to any family he may have had, as well as all of his friends:(

Victor Richards’ Daughter: “My Father Is Alive And Well"

On Wednesday November 10th, Generation Iron Fitness Network alongside other bodybuilding outlets reported the passing of legendary bodybuilder Victor Richards. Initial reports speculated a heart attack – but no official statement or cause of death was confirmed. Generation Iron can now confirm that earlier reports of Victor Richards’ death are false. It has been confirmed by a family member that Richards is alive and well.

Victor Richards’ daughter, who preferred to remain anonymous for her and her family’s privacy, directly reached out to Generation Iron to confirm that he was still alive and well. She had spoken with Richards today – after the initial reports of his passing. She provided an official statement to Generation Iron:

“I’M PLEASED TO ASSURE YOU THAT MY FATHER IS IN FACT ALIVE AND WELL. AN INACCURATE FACEBOOK POST HAS CAUSED A WILDFIRE OF FALSE INFORMATION THROUGHOUT SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEWS OUTLETS. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONCERN, MY FAMILY APPRECIATES ALL OF THE LOVE THE BODYBUILDING COMMUNITY HAS SHOWN TO MY DAD.”

Original reports seem to stem from a tribute post released by notable bodybuilder Andreas Cahling alongside other industry reports seemingly confirming the news. At the time of Generation Iron’s original reporting – we were unable to receive confirmation from family or an official announcement from Victor Richards’ or a representative of Richards. Due to this new information confirmed by a family member – we would like to retract our original report.

Originally born in Nigeria, Richards gained a passion for bodybuilding early on in his life. He was a three-sport athlete in high school who excelled in football, wrestling, and track and field. This is when he began to improve his physique. Richards earned his pro card while in Nigeria.

Victor Richards’ competitive history began in 1982 when he entered The American Cup. He finished first in the teenage heavyweight division and second overall. Richards continued to work on his physique and by age 18, he grew to 240 pounds. Richards entered The Orange County Muscle Classic where he finished fourth. At 19 years old, Richards was becoming a well known name and that only continued as he progressed.

Victor Richards began appearing on the cover of fitness magazines at 21 years old. He carried a massive frame that weighed close to 300 pounds of solid muscle. In 1992, Richards entered the 1992 Nigerian Championships and finished in first place. This is where he earned his Pro card. Despite the achievement, Richards did not compete in the IFBB. There was a bit of resistance that kept Richards from entering an NPC competition and taking the next step toward the IFBB.

Victor Richards competed in just five competitors during his career and earned four victories. It remains a mystery why he was never able to compete in the IFBB despite earning his Pro card in Nigeria.

Great news! Good to hear Vic is above ground!!

So the same people who can't even try and confirm how a person died before posting a death now can't even go to his instagram or other avenues to confirm Victor's death.. 😒

I like his mindset in that video clip. Not to be Mr Olympia but the best he can be.

Talk about genetics ,, at 15 he was more jacked than most of us here.
Fact. Anyone know if he played ball? Probably was a great athlete in his younger years

This is great news! Damn, somebody missed this one by a mile on reporting his death....:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member