advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Video of me Leg Pressing Today (6 plates for 54 reps)

That was cool!
Perhaps make some longer videos of full work outs, and edit them to save some time on the video.
I think the camera women needs to make some workout videos also :D

I agree. She trained really hard yesterday and was lifting heavy for 30 reps. Plus she had the best top on ever... her boobs were on full show :D

EJ I forgot to mention yes my legs are bad today. Every part of my legs are sore :D Just been laying about all day but gonna train abit later. Those 100 rep calf raises done major damage... every rep upto my tip toes :eek: I was actually feeling really rough yesterday and had barely slept but it had been planned all week so I trained legs. Had a great sleep last night so chest, shoulder and tri-ceps today but lots of seated/lying down stuff :D

EJ I forgot to mention yes my legs are bad today. Every part of my legs are sore :D Just been laying about all day but gonna train abit later. Those 100 rep calf raises done major damage... every rep upto my tip toes :eek: I was actually feeling really rough yesterday and had barely slept but it had been planned all week so I trained legs. Had a great sleep last night so chest, shoulder and tri-ceps today but lots of seated/lying down stuff :D

I rarely go above 8-10 on leg exercises and I am rarely sore. This is, unless I do lunges. In doing so I do many per set as I go the entire length of a long corridor and back for four sets. Kills me. Hate it but it makes me sore like no tomorrow. I'm coming to the conclusion that high reps for me equate soreness. But not sure if this would equate equal growth as well. I've made progress on legs without getting sore for much of my time in the gym. But I love being sore. I'm addicted to it and without it I feel like I've wasted a training session.

I think I may try high reps per set and see if I can get better size from it as I am top heavy and legs are behind the rest of my body. I have great calves but quads are def behind. Thanks for the vid pal.

I rarely go above 8-10 on leg exercises and I am rarely sore. This is, unless I do lunges. In doing so I do many per set as I go the entire length of a long corridor and back for four sets. Kills me. Hate it but it makes me sore like no tomorrow. I'm coming to the conclusion that high reps for me equate soreness. But not sure if this would equate equal growth as well. I've made progress on legs without getting sore for much of my time in the gym. But I love being sore. I'm addicted to it and without it I feel like I've wasted a training session.

I think I may try high reps per set and see if I can get better size from it as I am top heavy and legs are behind the rest of my body. I have great calves but quads are def behind. Thanks for the vid pal.

Thanks matey :) Obviously my legs are crap but I think if I could train other people I could make theirs look fantastic. Some guys I know don't even train them and they still have decent legs. Genetics is everything when building muscles but thinking outside the box can create some great gains.

I wouldn't go straight to just high reps... I would mix it up. By your words it's obvious your leg training isn't working as your not happy. So a change needs to happen. They need to be shocked to create more growth. Some simply don't have the genetics for certain bodyparts but if your training for years using a similar system and they are not improving then it makes sense to change things even if that turns out not to work either. Experimentation as well as rotation is key and of course finding what works for you.

I would start trying some new things... higher reps to me for legs is best. People always think too high in reps can't build muscle but that is nonsense. So around the 25 rep range would be good. I like to do hams first then quads. It's hard for many men to do high reps cos they worry what others think. They worry if some guy looks over wondering why he is struggling with 3 plates a side. All that needs to go and just go for it. High rep squats are a killer. Lifting 70% of your usual weight for 25 reps or so is harder than the heavier weight for small reps... trust me on that :eek:

My best mate on here knows alot of freaks and trains around them and he says all the guys with the frekiest legs he knows train them super high volume with varied weight. But nothing silly heavy... set after set and super high intensity. Think out of the box and don't be stuck in the 8-10 rep range. It makes sense as our legs are very durable due to walking etc.

Look at at skaters and ballet dancers etc. They have huge legs and it's not like they are squatting 300kg for reps. That constant time under tension and work over the years builds muscle. Their calves are huge due to spending so much time on their tip toes (ballet dancers). Those are just generalizations but shows there are many ways to get impressive legs. But of course huge heavy lifting builds muscle so that should always be prominent in any lifting routine. Therefore I would probably start rotating heavy with lighter days with far more reps.

I like to do small volume and frequent workouts so quads 3 times weekly for a few months and then swop over to high volume once weekly. That system seems to be helping me out now. When I do the frequent workouts everything is mixed so rep ranges, weights, rest periods etc all change each workout. I like the frequent workouts as I only have about 20 mins to train my quads for example so intensity is high. I ensure I warm up alot though to protect my joints and prevent any injuries. I may only spend 5 mins training hard but those 5 mins is brutal. Then I recover and repeat. Now I have started 1 leg day per week (traditonal split) but I always put legs on the sat so I have lots of time to really hit them hard and usually 1-2 rest days after.

You look great so not trying to advise you just a few things I have noticed over the years. Let me know how your high rep squats/leg press go :D

That was cool!
Perhaps make some longer videos of full work outs, and edit them to save some time on the video.
Hhmmm you do realise if Elvia filmed me training..you wouldnt see me working out, He would just zoom in on my breasticles!! :rolleyes:
plus I dont like how I sound on video my voice is different :(

My calves hurt today though..alot.I like it :p
X

That ain't shit! I once seen a video of Ross doing 14 plates for 55 Reps and...and he had a monkey jumping up and down on the plates the whole time. He coined it "Monkeying around with BNS, a new era for optimal leg development."

He did this all while he was intermittent eating for dynamic results!

Geez how I miss ole Ross.... No, not really:D

All BS'ing aside... Very nice and impressive! I'm hitting leg's here in a few minutes... might give some crazy high reps like that a whirl.

Last edited:
Great set bro! Much respect.

That was cool!

I agree :)

Nice. I have only been squatting and dead lifting. Maybe I should throw some leg presses in, you motivated me.

Nice. I have only been squatting and dead lifting. Maybe I should throw some leg presses in, you motivated me.

I love leg pressing... these were fast but I love doing them super slow too... 5 sec negative etc. Leg Pressing and Squats are great together imo... although rotating them can be great too. If I could I would personally do heavy squats onto high rep leg press some days and others heavy weight leg press and high rep squats. High rep (30 or so) squats is probably the most brutal thing ever :eek::D

Dang E, I'm trying the high rep scheme, hard as hell. I don't think I'm programmed for 50-70 rep sets. I've done 6-10 for so long. Did u jump right into the higher reps or work ur way higher and higher? I'm gonna half to drop my poundages down to nothing to hit 60 reps.

Dang E, I'm trying the high rep scheme, hard as hell. I don't think I'm programmed for 50-70 rep sets. I've done 6-10 for so long. Did u jump right into the higher reps or work ur way higher and higher? I'm gonna half to drop my poundages down to nothing to hit 60 reps.

There was no real program involved. Nothing like progressing gradually over many weeks. I tend to rotate high and low reps. I try all different things. But I usually just do 25-30 reps. But the week before the video I done 40 reps and then tried again on the video day. I could probably progress a lot if I tried (and I will). I am planning to do the 40 reps again next leg day on Sat. I will probably change it up alittle and go slightly heavier and see how many I can get with 14 plates.

I do train high reps from time to time for all bodyparts. I think the fact I have trained with very minimal rest a lot has probably helped my strength endurance. I rotate that too but sometimes literally take 5-20 secs rest in between sets.

Don't have a weight in mind and just do what you can do. It's hard at first cos of the ego in a way and your struggling with 2 plates :D I would just do 1 plate a side for 40 reps and go up 1 plate at a time. I was quite fast with these but usually go much slower and done that with 5 plates a side the week before. Literally 3 plates a side nice and slow and my legs are destroyed.

Let me know how you get on. I think a lot of guys will be surprised by trying super high reps... even if those are fairly fast reps like mine. Guys who can press a lot of weight for say 10 reps and have always stayed there are in for a lot of pain :D I can do heavy weight for 10 reps but light-moderate weight for higher reps to me is a lot harder and leaves my legs hurting for days. My legs are still crap but most of the progress I have made in the last year I put down to higher reps (training wise).

Just adding so yeah go for 25-30 reps for now. I like rotating heavy and higher reps days. Then after time try some higher rep stuff such as 40 reps. Anyway is fine... do 40 reps now if you want. 60-70 reps is alittle too high for regular training imo (good to do though). 1 plate at a time each set so you get warmed up well.

I think by doing stuff like this it's keeps your training interesting and your body guessing.

Think I got it. Going progressive on it. Ill let u know how it goes. Thanks E.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws