over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vigorous Steve interviews Evan Centopani

anyone else have the same experience growing in the off season better without GH? i did myself, now I'm not sure if its because it kept me leaner so I'm not as huge LOL or wasn't pairing it with SLIN and the elevated a1c caused the nutrients to not be absored as well?

anyhow I know only use it while dieting.
The only reason I can think that would let you grow better without GH is insanely bad insulin resistance. You're the first person I've ever heard say this.

Realistically how on earth could a kid back in 2008 afford all that gear? It’s not like he was making money off of YouTube or Instagram.

Specifically what gear?

In 2008, he was a pro. 2 sponsorship contracts plus any side money from a normal part time job would probably have been enough.

Sounds like he was a homeowner as of 2011, paying for renovations. Renovations are tens of thousands of dollars.

He also sounds like he has a family that he doesn’t make public.

The speculations people have about the private lives of pros is the bodybuilding equivalent to celebrity magazines in the grocery store.

The boring truth would be to disappointing for most people on so many levels.

Crabs in a bucket.

This is a terrible take 😂

You think the top amateurs haven’t been pushing at least 2g?

Also incredibly relative. A 5’5” guy vs a 6’-6’3” guy that will take many more years pushing to look like like a filled out pro physique

I think both the shit amateurs and the top amateurs are pushing at least 2 grams.

My point is that it's not the grams of gear that will determine the quality of the amateur and pro.

It's chemical warfare for all of them but the ones with the right parents can tolerate and become something special

Specifically what gear?

In 2008, he was a pro. 2 sponsorship contracts plus any side money from a normal part time job would probably have been enough.

Sounds like he was a homeowner as of 2011, paying for renovations. Renovations are tens of thousands of dollars.

He also sounds like he has a family that he doesn’t make public.

The speculations people have about the private lives of pros is the bodybuilding equivalent to celebrity magazines in the grocery store.

The boring truth would be to disappointing for most people on so many levels.

Crabs in a bucket.
You're valued here, Dave. I hope you don't migrate

He said at one point he was taking a CC of Prop daily along with 500MG of TEST E weekly and 100mg Test Susp 5X weekly. Thats at least 1700mg of test alone, possibly more depending upon if it was prop 200 or prop 250, which he did not specify.
He also noted this was pre contest and also stated he would use 100 mg injectable winstrol pre contest as well so it’s not a light cycle by any means and very believable especially for a guy with crazy genetics like Evan had.

-During the span of a handful years, after already turning pro.

-He never got increlex. He did try GenSci IGF1. Many of us did. No magic.
Define magic. It certainly ‘worked’ for him, at least the first time he used it like he stated.

I get that there is no magic with what anyone is doing, and that there is a range of what is being done on the drug side of things certainly, and Evan is on the lower end. I believe him.

That being said, can’t blame people for being skeptical when it comes to guys that looked as good as Evan did. Not everyone has been in the game as long as you (for example, me being a 24 year old getting into bodybuilding at 21) or others on this board.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in this game, especially when you haven’t been around so long.

You’re a knowledgeable guy though and I respect your insight, and many other vets on this board.

He said he tried anadrol, but could never handle the stomach issues for more than a week.

I’m in the same boat. 3 days and I’m almost laying down from lack of eating and stomach pain.
The one time I tried it, same problem mostly as far as the appetite thing went. Wasn’t a fan of it. I think I lasted 2 1/2 weeks.

The one time I tried it, same problem mostly as far as the appetite thing went. Wasn’t a fan of it. I think I lasted 2 1/2 weeks.
It’s interesting, we are seeing more and more coaches only use anadrol to fill guys out before a show now. Even that is maybe 25mg. Many guys such as myself even prefer superdrol over it.

I’ve never found anadrol to be a sustainable compound personally at a moderate to high dosage hence it’s not been in any of my cycles in the past two years. Last time I used it was at the start of a prep with Milos. We ran it 5 weeks.

That’s not to say guys like Kevin Levrone didn’t use to eat it like candy though.

Define magic. It certainly ‘worked’ for him, at least the first time he used it like he stated.

I get that there is no magic with what anyone is doing, and that there is a range of what is being done on the drug side of things certainly, and Evan is on the lower end. I believe him.

That being said, can’t blame people for being skeptical when it comes to guys that looked as good as Evan did. Not everyone has been in the game as long as you (for example, me being a 24 year old getting into bodybuilding at 21) or others on this board.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in this game, especially when you haven’t been around so long.

You’re a knowledgeable guy though and I respect your insight, and many other vets on this board.

Can you define “worked”?

People who are young will go through the trap of “I’m on (x) and have achieved a good result, therefore someone with an outcome better than mine will almost certainly be on (x + y + z), and the (z) is that threshold that I’m not comfortable crossing, or don’t have access to cross… but if I did… maybe that’s the next level of growth?”

It’s a sham. That’s the “smoke and mirrors”. The smoke is the gossip from people inflating things from the perspective of average genetics and a slightly negative attitude.

Of course there are guys who abuse. The more average the genetics, the more PED’s you’ll need to take to overcome those genetics.

BUT… we look at every other sport and marvel at the genetic outliers, acknowledging 100% that their genetics are the most important determining factor. You never hear people make excuses of “he can only hit a fastball because…” or “he can only dunk because…”. But in bodybuilding we’re conditioned to believe that somehow with enough hard work, with the right diet, with hard training, and a good strategy, we can at least get CLOSE.

Nope. There are so many determining factors and variables as to what makes a good bodybuilder, but the great ones will all be at a level where it’s difficult to comprehend “how” they got there.

I’ve abused and tinkered with unreasonable amounts of gear. I remember every single lab he mentioned, total trip down memory lane. It didn’t get me farther and it didn’t get me there any faster. I have good genetics, but never good enough to be pro.

Just trying to spit the truth. High dose guys will always persuade people that it’s the only possible way. It’s the easy answer, but it’s not the truth. As stated by many, on an IFBB stage you can have a guy on 1.5g total gear with 4iu GH standing next to a guy on 5g gear and 20iu GH. How do you know who’s who? You don’t. It’ll always be that way.

Can you define “worked”?

People who are young will go through the trap of “I’m on (x) and have achieved a good result, therefore someone with an outcome better than mine will almost certainly be on (x + y + z), and the (z) is that threshold that I’m not comfortable crossing, or don’t have access to cross… but if I did… maybe that’s the next level of growth?”

It’s a sham. That’s the “smoke and mirrors”. The smoke is the gossip from people inflating things from the perspective of average genetics and a slightly negative attitude.

Of course there are guys who abuse. The more average the genetics, the more PED’s you’ll need to take to overcome those genetics.

BUT… we look at every other sport and marvel at the genetic outliers, acknowledging 100% that their genetics are the most important determining factor. You never hear people make excuses of “he can only hit a fastball because…” or “he can only dunk because…”. But in bodybuilding we’re conditioned to believe that somehow with enough hard work, with the right diet, with hard training, and a good strategy, we can at least get CLOSE.

Nope. There are so many determining factors and variables as to what makes a good bodybuilder, but the great ones will all be at a level where it’s difficult to comprehend “how” they got there.

I’ve abused and tinkered with unreasonable amounts of gear. I remember every single lab he mentioned, total trip down memory lane. It didn’t get me farther and it didn’t get me there any faster. I have good genetics, but never good enough to be pro.

Just trying to spit the truth. High dose guys will always persuade people that it’s the only possible way. It’s the easy answer, but it’s not the truth. As stated by many, on an IFBB stage you can have a guy on 1.5g total gear with 4iu GH standing next to a guy on 5g gear and 20iu GH. How do you know who’s who? You don’t. It’ll always be that way.
Hall of fame post

I don't know that much at all about Evan, but he trained with some friends of mine in NJ and Pa from time to time. He mentioned to them that he had used 2 grams of test in the off-season like any other bodybuilder, but he didn't start gaining pro size until after his pro card when he nailed his diet. He mentioned once he did that, he was able to not use as high of a dose. This was a few years after he got his pro card, but before he injured his knee, around the time he did that shopping video, IIRC. I'm sure it varied year-to-year, but who knows. And if Evan were to ever read this, he can correct it, I like the guy, he has always portrayed himself as a very respectful and humble guy. I could believe the test/deca statement he mentioned as being true. I have not watched the video yet, haven't had time, but will get to it soon.

Can you define “worked”?

All great points and I wholeheartedly agree on the genetics aspect.

Ran track at the state level in high school, being a 10.7-10.8 guy in the 100m, I’ve ran against guys who were running 10.1-10.2’s. Never once was a question of what extracurriculars they could be doing (they were doing none obviously), just acknowledgement that genetics are a very real thing (and in the case of racing, objectively measurable)

The trouble with bodybuilding is I suppose there is always the question of ‘what if’, that you don’t necessarily see in other sports which makes everything very convoluted like you said.

I appreciate your perspective and it makes a lot of sense.

I think both the shit amateurs and the top amateurs are pushing at least 2 grams.

My point is that it's not the grams of gear that will determine the quality of the amateur and pro.

It's chemical warfare for all of them but the ones with the right parents can tolerate and become something special
Agreed then. Apologies for misinterpreting your comment.

He comes across in all his videos as a chilled family man. Just goes about his day to day business like we all do. No drama or flash

I could care less what he takes / took.

Buy less cars and watches
Also Evan has always been a smart man with his money and at the same time a hard worker, he comes from a blue collar background.. i followed him since he turned pro and the guys is fuckin smart, he made several vidoes on how to save money and eating on a low budget as a bodybuilder way before it was popular to make those.

Also Evan has always been a smart man with his money and at the same time a hard worker, he comes from a blue collar background.. i followed him since he turned pro and the guys is fuckin smart, he made several vidoes on how to save money and eating on a low budget as a bodybuilder way before it was popular to make those.
Man I miss those old black and white animal videos of him…

I’m young so unfortunately I didn’t get to see Evan in his prime, but I watched a ton of his content with animal when I was first getting in to bodybuilding. Always came across as a super good guy.

Man I miss those old black and white animal videos of him…

I’m young so unfortunately I didn’t get to see Evan in his prime, but I watched a ton of his content with animal when I was first getting in to bodybuilding. Always came across as a super good guy.

yeah for sure man I was in college in '01-'04 and that is right when it started to ramp up. I remember being a senior in college and was all into those ads and the BSN ads, original no-xplode etc. etc. The glory years lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicholasnjh
NapsGear