over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vince Gironda, Desiccated Liver and P450 Enzyme

JOKER

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Vince Gironda mentioned it decades ago, and many current advertisements mention it with, or without, giving him credit. I'm willing to bet none of the advertisers know what it is or what it does.

However, no one ever attempts to explain exactly what this mysterious P-450 component is, or what it does.

Cytochrome P-450 is a family of the body's more powerful detoxification enzymes. Over 60 forms are now known, with hundreds of genetic variations possible, producing a wide variety of susceptibility to specific toxins. This is an enzyme family that your body uses to attack substances that you ingest -- substances that it considers detrimental, foreign, or poisonous to your operating system, by making them more water soluble in an attempt to eliminate them from your body through normal means.

For instance, in the case of carbon monoxide poisoning, your P-450 response immediately attempts to capture and isolate the CO molecules to protect your body from being poisoned. If the response is small, such as from a cigarette, or breathing exhaust fumes, your body has the ability to neutralize the attack through the P-450 enzyme reactions quickly and efficiently. Of course, like many systems, it too can be overwhelmed and possibly fail. On the other hand, it only makes sense that if you can supplement your body's natural P-450 defense system, you only make it stronger.

In fact, it is such a powerful responder, that pharmaceutical companies have to design their new drugs around your body’s P-450 attack responders, spending literally millions of research dollars to work around it.

Cytochrome P-450 proteins in humans are also drug metabolizing enzymes and enzymes that are used to make cholesterol, steroids, and other important lipids in your body.

The name Cytochrome P-450 derives from the manner in which they reflect light under analysis, and that these proteins have a Heme group attached.

Many of the ancillary functions of P-450 hadn't been fully understood until the Human Genome Project had been completed in 2003, along with further DNA experimentation, and the genes for P-450 were specifically investigated. The first crystallization of a mammalian P-450 substance, for instance, didn't occur until 1999.

How Vince Gironda was on to this substance in the early '70s is anyone's guess. Genius? Psychic? Alien? Cranky alien?

SXRIPT
[email protected]

His knowledge and advice is underrated. I did the Meat and Eggs diet coming off an injury and lost a lot of fat while gaining more muscle than I had lost. I still follow much of his philosophies. Although I added carbs back in I still eat 6-12 eggs daily and can tell a difference in recovery. I'm 44 for reference.

His knowledge and advice is underrated. I did the Meat and Eggs diet coming off an injury and lost a lot of fat while gaining more muscle than I had lost. I still follow much of his philosophies. Although I added carbs back in I still eat 6-12 eggs daily and can tell a difference in recovery. I'm 44 for reference.

Steak and eggs is my go to diet when I want to shed water and fat quickly but still feel great and keep my muscles full. Calories can be scaled up or down for fat loss or weight gain although carbs obviously make it much easier to gain.

Vince had a self reported 150 IQ. That's really high since IQ numbers aren't linear. Nobody will likely know for sure but based on his logic and inquisitive nature a betting man would at least realize he was a genius of some sort.

some might not realize but Arnold spent some time training at Vince's gym early in his career when he first came to California. i'm sure he learned a ton from him.

some might not realize but Arnold spent some time training at Vince's gym early in his career when he first came to California. i'm sure he learned a ton from him.
One of the first things that Vince reportedly said to Arnold when Arnold was introduced to Gironda was "YOU'RE FAT"!
Arnold was admittedly shocked to say the least as the story goes!

Perhaps Alfresco can chime in and add to this as he always has some good background info and stories!

One of the first things that Vince reportedly said to Arnold when Arnold was introduced to Gironda was "YOU'RE FAT"!
Arnold was admittedly shocked to say the least as the story goes!

Perhaps Alfresco can chime in and add to this as he always has some good background info and stories!
Yes, and apparently Vince was very opposed to steroids which is ironic considering many of his most famous and successful proteges were using them.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear