over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vince Gironda's diet

Just noticed you put 1-2 pounds of steak. That is alot... just over 900 grams. I usually have about 1 pound of steak in a big meal. I thought that was a decent amount considering it is approx 120 grams of protein. 2 pounds is alot of steak in one go. If I done that diet I would probably add another meal of steak and do each at 1 pound.

I have started having raw eggs and so far not getting a bad reaction to them so gonna carry on. I have had 8 raw eggs today (4x2). Money is an issue but gonna add in more steak when I can... love steak. Will add more eggs too. But I love my fruit so that will stay in. Steak and pineapple is my fav meal. I will soon add in 1 pound of steak everyday.

yes that is alot.....I have not eaten that much steak myself. I usually have a .75-1 lb of steak or hamburger at one meal.....However, I can easily clean up an entire roasting chicken for dinner with a large sald(about 1.5-2lbs of meat)...or 1.5 lbs of salmon is no problem either:D

So true... often it is things that we have already read or know. You see them again and a :lightbulb: appears in our heads. But most importantly the basics work. I think I am gonna base my diet around raw free range eggs and steak. But I love my fruit so that will stay. I was doing this anyway but just want to make sure I use a good steak. I have been using mince beef solely due to cost... lots of that with pasta. So I will be adding in more structure to my diet and some staple items. Something like this...

6 raw eggs
2 scoops protein powder
Whole Milk
Banana

1/2 pound steak
Pineapple

6 raw eggs
2 scoops protein powder
Whole Milk
Banana

1/2 pound fish
Greens and/or vegetables

1/2 pound steak
Pineapple

6 raw eggs
Cottage Cheese

Thanks for starting this thread Big Chef :)

I think you will feel great on that diet you wrote out above Elvia.

One thing I gotta say since I started eating like vince mapped out is you really feel it in your wallet. I have always eating high protein but I also used to get alot of cals from brown rice, wheat bread oats etc etc....when you eat like vince advocate you NEVER go down the center isles of the grocery store lol.......your just filling your cart with veggies, fruit, meats and dairy = expensive.

when I return to a balanced diet I do add back in a few carbs but nothing more than what vince advocates....here's his balanced/maintance diet(and its what he reccomends bodybuilder stay on most of the time)

breakfast
4-6 eggs(scrambled, poached, omlet whatever)
2 slices rye or wheat toast with REAL butter
big glass raw milk(I don't have access to raw so I just use whole)

lunch
1lb meat
steamed vegies
1 glass iced tea or lemonade

dinner
1 lb broiled steak with a mixed salad
or...
1 lb pork with steamed spinach, broccoli
or cauliflower and jello, fruit or plain yogurt
In between meals drink the protein mixture I wrote above
and vince says have some cottage, eggs or a piece of meat right before bed

so for witing so much but I get into training and diet discusion lol:)

I always admired Gironda even though I didnt always agree with his theories.

My opinion is, if you didn't understand it's because you weren't smart enough to understand him. He was a genius and extremely educated in all things body and mind when it pertained to bodybuilding. He was a huge loss to us all.

And yes I have definately added mass using this diet. the first time I used the hormone precursor diet my weight went up 7 lbs and I lost a little over 2 inches off my waist. I was quite lean with vains in stomach and very visable serratus. I still got great pumps in the gym as well.

I used his diets quite a bit myself and conccur with that evaluation. The oddest thing to me was that I didn't feel and was still getting great pumps (which is not true of most typical low-carbs diets I used). My only explanation is that the saturated fat keeps your muscles fuller.

Beast, i think you hit the nail on the head. It's the high levels of saturated fats and cholesterol that keeps you full and feeling anabolic unlike many low/no carb diets I had tried in the past and failed with

I've been eating this way for over 2 years and I've never looked or felt better and doing so have concluded the following:

1. Carbs being required to grow and train optimally as a bodybuilder is one of the biggest fallacys in all of bodybuilding.
2. Saturated fat is GOOD for you in the absence of carbs
3. Massive protein intake is completely unnecessary and a huge waste of money, providing the protein you do get is of the highest quality, you will still grow on hamburgers, ground beef etc you will just have to eat more of it to get the same amount of useable protein vs a steak.

Hamburgers and ground beef are steak. Why would you have to eat more, the protein % doesn't change because you grind it up?

Last edited:
Hamburgers and ground beef are steak. Why would you have to eat more, the protein % doesn't change because you grind it up?
Yeah I find this a bit peculiar too

What do they think happens when you chew a steak up in yo mouth? Is the fragile steak protein degraded to much to be worth the extra cash and so we should learn to just gulp it down like a dog does?

I don't think so.

Yeah I can't imagine it dies much to it to be ground up. You have to remember that while Vince was a damn genius in some regards he was also highly opinionated and like mentzer wouldn't change his views and got more extreme as he got older.
I think you are safe to eat ground beef.

I don't think he was saying ground meat is bad but referring to the quality of meat most hamburger places used. Grass fed/finished is much higher quality than a fast food chain burger.

Every morning I drink:
3 whole free range eggs
Water
1 scoop chocolate skip's protein

Afternoon:
1 cup whole organic milk (can't get raw)
3 whole free range eggs
Nestle Quick no sugar just for a little flavor.

I know this is an old threat but I found one of his weight-gaining diets. It looks interesting:

Breakfast

4-9oz. liver, chops, steak, hamburger, brains, kidney or fish
4-6 eggs or 4 oz. natural cheese
1 glass certified raw milk, half & half or raw cream
2 slices rye or whole-wheat toast with sweet butter
Supplements

1 Vitamin B Complex
1 Vitamin C Complex (300mg)
3 Vitamin E Capsules (600 -1200IU)
10 Alfalfa Tablets
10 Kelp Tablets
3 Tri-Germ and Wheat Germ Oil Capsules
1 Halibut Oil Capsule
1 Hypothalamus Tablet
1 Hypo-Zyme Tablet
3 Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) tablets (before meal)
3 Digestive Enzyme Tablets (after meal)
1 Lipotropic Tablet (250 mg of choline, instal, methionine)
4 Calcium Tablets
1 Zinc Tablet with PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid)
3 Lysine Tablets
3 Multi-Glandular Tablets (Nucleo Glan Male or Female)
Lunch

Eggs (no limit)
Meat (any kind, no limit)
8 oz. cottage cheese
Raw vegetable salad
Fruit
Supplements

1 Iron Tablet
4 Calcium Tablets
Same as breakfast with the omission of Vitamin E, Tri-Germ, Wheat Germ and Halibut Oil Capsules.
Dinner

Same as lunch (choose different foods)
Yogurt
Fruit
Supplements

Same as lunch
Special Supplements

10 Amino-Acid and Desiccated Liver Tablets (every 3 hours)
5 Yeast Tablets (every 3 hours)
10 grams of arginine, ornithine (before retiring)
5 grams of tryptophan (before retiring)
Snacks

Half & Half
Vince’s Special Protein Drink
Half & Half and Ginger Ale
with

Between-meal sandwiches with cheese, eggs, meat, tuna fish, or peanut butter on rye or whole-wheat bread.
By the way, for those of you wondering, Vince’s special protein drink was as follows:

12 oz. half & half
12 raw eggs
1/3 cup protein powder (Typically Rheo H. Blair’s product)
1 banana

It amazes me how far ahead of his time Vince was.

Vince invented "paleo" He called it Stone Age Nutrition.

Nothing will recomp a fat body with slow metabolism and low hormones faster than Vince's steak and eggs diet. IMO

Vince's raw egg and cream shakes are totally anabolic. More effective than any protein powder.

I highly recommend you guys read "Vince's Secret Locker" Vol.1 and 2

It amazes me how far ahead of his time Vince was.

Vince invented "paleo" He called it Stone Age Nutrition.

Nothing will recomp a fat body with slow metabolism and low hormones faster than Vince's steak and eggs diet. IMO

Vince's raw egg and cream shakes are totally anabolic. More effective than any protein powder.

I highly recommend you guys read "Vince's Secret Locker" Vol.1 and 2

Not just eggs but fertile eggs.

Vince was 50 years ahead of his time.
so was Rheo Blair.
Food though was MUCH different back in the 1960's and 1970's so results were better.

I a few times in my life got to try real raw milk and was amazed at how much better I felt and how the gains were.

Been using A2 milk based on emrics thread and it's really good stuff, no allergies no gas no bloat.

Man i just....can't....drink.....raw eggs.....i cant, i barf my guts out every time ive tried it

Now what? Hardboiled? Would love to try this or make my eggs and add coconut oil perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ive been using a combination of Vince's methods and Dr. Mauro Dipasquale's Anabolic Diet.

I have Dropped from 280lbs to 250lbs in a 4 month period.

I would estimate I have gained at least 10 pounds of muscle at the same time.

Honestly only using 100mg test cyp per week. EOD subq inj. (prescribed by my doctor.)

It really is true when Vince said "Diet is 80% of your success in bodybuilding."

I fucked around for years and never got the results like I have since following this diet.

Last edited:
So far ahead of his time so long ago he is now behind it.
Follow one of his diets and pull your blood....I did and I no longer eat like this.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131