over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Viome gut bacteria test

• Thread starter Deleted member 121863
  • Start date
No offense if you have thr cash it cant hurt and it's an interesting subject to maximize health but I dont buy into all these "what foods are best for body" "food allergies" "optimizing gut health" stuff
I will follow to see what it says but anyone who has 150 laying around it would better be spent on a massage for recovery or something

I certainly would not make huge changes to your diet based on the results of some test like this

Some people do have legit food allergies but some people are just looking for things they are allergic to. Say it tells you dont digest potatoes but you love them, will you actually stop eating them and change to rice? What if you diet on fish but it says you digest chicken better, are you actually good to change what works based on this?

No offense if you have thr cash it cant hurt and it's an interesting subject to maximize health but I dont buy into all these "what foods are best for body" "food allergies" "optimizing gut health" stuff
I will follow to see what it says but anyone who has 150 laying around it would better be spent on a massage for recovery or something

I certainly would not make huge changes to your diet based on the results of some test like this

Some people do have legit food allergies but some people are just looking for things they are allergic to. Say it tells you dont digest potatoes but you love them, will you actually stop eating them and change to rice? What if you diet on fish but it says you digest chicken better, are you actually good to change what works based on this?

I agree about what you're talking about but a comprehensive stool test is not the same thing. That one is actually really useful.

I don't know too much about it, I just think sometimes it gets a little silly with the fads that are out there

now a days everyone has IBS, but they don't, only a small percentage of the population does but 9/10 guys on forums claim they do

everyone says they need to eat gluten free, but they don't, its just a fad that makes someone alot of money sitting around laughing selling gluten free products

grass-fed everything, eating eggs from chickens who eat only bugs and see more daylight,,,yeah in theory this might help with health, but does it actually change any health markers or its all theory to make someone $$. and how do we know these chickens actually see more day light and eat more bugs, do we go watch them? does anyone, how can we trust the FDA or farmers what if they feed their cattle feed and call it grass-fed and mark up the price? ive ate grass-fed, tasted just like the stuff in the store to me

then you have the blood type diets, lol

I feel like there are basic things that we all know, fish is good, too much sugar is bad, salmon is good, sauerkraut helps digest as does pineapple, GI ratings, etc. But at some point people are looking too much to perfect their diet by avoiding allergies when the only things that matter are calories in vs calories out and health markers

sometimes someone starts a new diet and says they feel better or digest better but we also know the placebo affect is real too

no its gonna be a few weeks for results. I won`t let this die and not update. My wife did it 2 weeks before me so if her`s come back first I`ll post some of that.

I received my results back. And they show that I am in far from optimal condition. 10 areas that need improving(quite a bit from the chart) 7 areas middle of the road and 2 areas that are good. People ate work and the grocery store often comment on how healthy I eat. Yet it appears that I eat to much protein, and most of my vegetable and fruit choices are the wrong ones. I wonder how much the results are influenced by the volume that I eat and the severing sizes they suggest are more like a 1/3 of what I eat.

I received my results back. And they show that I am in far from optimal condition. 10 areas that need improving(quite a bit from the chart) 7 areas middle of the road and 2 areas that are good. People ate work and the grocery store often comment on how healthy I eat. Yet it appears that I eat to much protein, and most of my vegetable and fruit choices are the wrong ones. I wonder how much the results are influenced by the volume that I eat and the severing sizes they suggest are more like a 1/3 of what I eat.

I'm curious. With out showing personal information can you post a screen shot?

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• sceen shot viome.png
    sceen shot viome.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 40
  • scren shot viome 2.png
    scren shot viome 2.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 36
Hope this helps.

Thank you for the screenshots dude.

Question, for the areas that "need improvement," does it give you any tips on how to improve that? And how were your "foods to avoid" and other lists?

Thank you for the screenshots dude.

Question, for the areas that "need improvement," does it give you any tips on how to improve that? And how were your "foods to avoid" and other lists?

Yes they have long lists of many foods. And if they are good medium or bad and how big a serving. I doubt I will cut back to a half a white potato, 1/2 cup of white rice, 2-2.5 oz of meat. I think I could get very lean on their diet suggestions.

Last edited:
Forgot about this thread for a bit. I attached a bunch of screen shots from my results. Good foods, bad foods, why its bad, what bacteria I have list is pages. I have picked up some supps that are supposed to really help kill the bad stuff, take them away, break down biofilms, and help nourish good bacteria. There is not a lot of food changes I need to make. I will start these supps in 2 weeks and run a full course for 30 days then send a new sample to viome and see what has changed. Be back in 8 weeks or so with follow up changes in my microbiome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200219-140951.png
    Screenshot_20200219-140951.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20200219-141007.png
    Screenshot_20200219-141007.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20200219-141021.png
    Screenshot_20200219-141021.png
    98 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20200219-141102.png
    Screenshot_20200219-141102.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20200219-141202.png
    Screenshot_20200219-141202.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20200219-141221.png
    Screenshot_20200219-141221.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 20

Great meadows article as always !

Thank you brother , i love john !

I don't know too much about it, I just think sometimes it gets a little silly with the fads that are out there

now a days everyone has IBS, but they don't, only a small percentage of the population does but 9/10 guys on forums claim they do

Agreed.

says they need to eat gluten free, but they don't, its just a fad that makes someone alot of money sitting around laughing selling gluten free products

grass-fed everything, eating eggs from chickens who eat only bugs and see more daylight,,,yeah in theory this might help with health, but does it actually change any health markers or its all theory to make someone $$. and how do we know these chickens actually see more day light and eat more bugs, do we go watch them? does anyone, how can we trust the FDA or farmers what if they feed their cattle feed and call it grass-fed and mark up the price? ive ate grass-fed, tasted just like the stuff in the store to me

then you have the blood type diets, lol

I feel like there are basic things that we all know, fish is good, too much sugar is bad, salmon is good, sauerkraut helps digest as does pineapple, GI ratings, etc. But at some point people are looking too much to perfect their diet by avoiding allergies when the only things that matter are calories in vs calories out and health markers

sometimes someone starts a new diet and says they feel better or digest better but we also know the placebo affect is real too

John meadows had an article where his lipid values were improved drastically due to grassfed everything. I used to struggle with hdl and ldl values until i started following what he does. Now my hdl values have doubled and ldl almost halved. This is while running AAS. Now, will it increase your time on this planet? I cant say for sure but I feel better. I dont mind the premium for peace of mind. I look healthier as well. Blood type diets are weapons grade bullshittium.

After the first 7 words you should just STOP. If you go to google scholar and search "gut microbiome " there are 17,000 hits SINCE 2019!
Here is a highlight of one:
- Diet-induced changes in the composition of the gut microbiota markedly influence systemic metabolism, fuel availability and exercise capacity
- Treadmill endurance running capacity is decreased and ex vivo skeletal muscle contractile function is impaired in mice with a depleted gut microbiota: restoring the gut
- microbiota reverses these impairments
Improved metabolic health and exercise performance in athletes is associated with increased microbial diversity and abundance of bacterial species

calories in vs calories out... What is this 1990?? Let me guess, micro nutrients are a "fad" or you think taking a pill is equivalent?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131