over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

visit to the DR.

engbulldog

Registered
Ok I need a little advise, i went to the doctor today around 1pm due to a nasty sore throut (sp) and it turns out my bp is high i think it was 136/104 which i know is high but is it high due to my sickness and this past friday i started my new cycle of test and deca? She also told me to lose weight to help my bp, my weight was 195lbs @ 5'6, Iknow its not helping my bp to be on but my current diet has no salt , soda and no junk food is there any way to lower it or is she gonna put me on bp meds which brings me to my next question if she puts me on bp meds can i still run aas or do just call it quits? just for a little note while on my last aas cycle my bp was fine WTF is going on??????:confused: :eek:

not for nothing man, I would get off, especially since you just started, and get your blood pressure in the normal ranges. none of this shit is worth your health

So you are 195lbs at 5'6? What is your bf %? Are you a fat 195lbs or a muscular. Why did you not tell your doctor you were using AAS? They can't help you if they are not up to date.

she knows i'm using aas the last time i went to see her i had an infection in my glute and its kinda hard to explain how you got an infection in your ass ! and I'm not a fat 195lb I'll try to post a pic from dec 06 @ 203lbs ok

hey i tried to post the pic but the file is 926kb and this page will only give me 250kb any ideas

you are not that heavy.. and since you just now started a cycle, that may not be the issue.. dont know.. but, get your bp levels out before ya start "thinking" of running gear.. does high bp run in your family?
i have a guy that works in my dept at work.. 28 years old and not overweight in the least.. a few months back he asked me if i thought his bp was high.. i said "why".. he said that he just went to his doc and he immediately put him bp meds because his blood pressure was 160 (something / over 111.. i was like wow.. he said that his father was in trouble alot for bp ect.. it is nothing to mess with.. get that leveled out and try and find the causes.. if you are off gear for a while and it is still over.. then you might to start the process of elimination.. no fat burners, ect..

If you have a virus or infection your b/p will be slightly higher than normal.

engbulldog said:
Ok I need a little advise, i went to the doctor today around 1pm due to a nasty sore throut (sp) and it turns out my bp is high i think it was 136/104 which i know is high but is it high due to my sickness and this past friday i started my new cycle of test and deca? She also told me to lose weight to help my bp, my weight was 195lbs @ 5'6, Iknow its not helping my bp to be on but my current diet has no salt , soda and no junk food is there any way to lower it or is she gonna put me on bp meds which brings me to my next question if she puts me on bp meds can i still run aas or do just call it quits? just for a little note while on my last aas cycle my bp was fine WTF is going on??????:confused: :eek:
Being sick will raise bp. being on will raise bp, stress will raise bp.... lots of reasons for elevated bp. i agree with the above post that you should have informed the dr. you were on. They have to know so they can treat you accordingly. You can do some cardio and that will help a bit. You need to find the source of the high bp. But being sick is one of them. You've only been back on a week. So it may not be aas induced. You will need to keep an eye on it. If you are sick/flu then training has to be put on hold till you are better. 136 is not that bad, high but not over the top the 104 is what is a concern Systolic pressure can read a little high but diastolic pressure is the worrying part. You really want this down in dbl digits. preferrably 80's to low 90's.

lookatpicture said:
how long does it take after cycle for bp to normalize?

For me it usually takes about 2 weeks to get down to my normal. You can take BP meds with your AAS. I take an ACE inhibitor now and my BP never gets really high like it used to, even when on AAS.

lookatpicture said:
how long does it take after cycle for bp to normalize?
It will vary from person to person. Mine usually does not get high. Unless I'm stressing about something. Usually returns to the normal range in a few weeks!

Thanks guys, and yes the doc knows I'm on a cycle,and i told her that me being sick would raise my bp and me having a fever does not help either,Yeah I'm gonna get off the cycle for a few and try to shake this infection.She wants me to check my bp every day for two weeks and chart it to see if it comes back down,I did forget to tell her I was getting married in june and it is stressing me out a bit, My moms side of the family has or at least had high bp my grandpa had a stroke at 75yrs do to high bp. And cardio is in the works starting next week, but it is hurtful hearing a doctor telling you that you are fat and then saying weightlifting is gonna kill me even though her office help is a walking fat blob! thanks again guys:eek:

engbulldog said:
Thanks guys, and yes the doc knows I'm on a cycle,and i told her that me being sick would raise my bp and me having a fever does not help either,Yeah I'm gonna get off the cycle for a few and try to shake this infection.She wants me to check my bp every day for two weeks and chart it to see if it comes back down,I did forget to tell her I was getting married in june and it is stressing me out a bit, My moms side of the family has or at least had high bp my grandpa had a stroke at 75yrs do to high bp. And cardio is in the works starting next week, but it is hurtful hearing a doctor telling you that you are fat and then saying weightlifting is gonna kill me even though her office help is a walking fat blob! thanks again guys:eek:

This is the right thing to do on your Dr's part. A diagnosis of hypertension is not made on one visit. Three consecutive visits with elevated BP is considered true hypertension. Prehypertension and stage 1 hypertension should first be addressed with lifestle modifications prior to pharmacologic approaches. Of course past medical and family history of heart disease is very important. Also, Ace inhibitors are also renal protective and are a good choice for most unless you have renal stenosis then they are actually contraindicated. Anyway, hope this helps and it sounds like you are on the right track. Take care.

KH

JNC Stages of Hypertension:

Prehypertension= 120-139/80-99
Stage 1: 145-159/90-99
Stage 2: >160 systolic OR >100 diastolic

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members