over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Cod Liver Oil etc

petedw

Registered
Vitamin D Council | Understanding Vitamin D Cholecalciferol

The above contains some good reading for those of you interested in your health as well as looking good.

The most interesting info that i have read so far is the information about Vitamin A and getting your requirements from Beta Carotene instead of Retinol (the Vitamin A in Liver and Cod Liver Oil etc)...

**broken link removed**

I'd read all the information on the above page but if you are short on time, scroll to the last post by Joe from New Mexico who is a member of the Western A. Price Foundation. I know John Meadows (mountaindog) holds them in high regard. What is your take on this John? I know you are always open to learn more

Vitamin D Council | Understanding Vitamin D Cholecalciferol

The above contains some good reading for those of you interested in your health as well as looking good.

The most interesting info that i have read so far is the information about Vitamin A and getting your requirements from Beta Carotene instead of Retinol (the Vitamin A in Liver and Cod Liver Oil etc)...

**broken link removed**

I'd read all the information on the above page but if you are short on time, scroll to the last post by Joe from New Mexico who is a member of the Western A. Price Foundation. I know John Meadows (mountaindog) holds them in high regard. What is your take on this John? I know you are always open to learn more

I was just looking up Vitamin A on here to figure out which type to order. Doing an order for my monthly stuff and figured I'd try some Vit A out. Looks like I will be holding off on the Cod liver oil and vitamin A till I can do more research.

Interesting info by Dr. Cannell on Cod Liver Oil. I'll copy and paste the certain part you wanted everyone to read here:

Dr. Cannell: I am a nutritionist and a member of the Weston A. Price Foundation. You forget that humans no longer consume the liver of all animals and fish as we have throughout history. Second, our ability to convert the beta-carotene from plants into the required animal form of vitamin A has been shown to vary from poor to nonexistent.

Joe, New Mexico

The idea that the human genome evolved eating liver is absurd. By the time humans could hunt large mammals, the genome had already evolved. Humans evolved eating a diet not dissimilar to the Great Apes: vegetables, fruit, roots, and some bugs. As far as us eating all kinds of liver, have you tried polar bear liver lately? Or sled dog liver? One serving can be fatal. There is evidence that later humans, when they learned to bring down large mammals, suffered vitamin A toxicity, probably from the liver they began consuming. Chronic consumption of chicken liver caused vitamin A toxicity in twin girls.

Secondly, the idea that the natural system (our intestinal system that converts carotenoids into vitamin A as we need it) Nature created to regulate vitamin A levels is malfunctioning in almost everyone is simply silly. The studies you are referring to are from developing countries where chronic malabsorption and diarrheal diseases are endemic. Just because an autistic child has "bowel problems," it does not mean he is vitamin A deficient. Also, how many case reports of vitamin A deficiency has anyone found in American vegetarians? Plenty of iron and B12 and vitamin D deficiencies in vegans, but virtually no vitamin A deficiency even though many vegetarians have no preformed vitamin A intake at all, only carotenoids.

I admired everyone I met at the Weston A. Price Foundation when I spoke there several years ago, mainly because of their commitment to healthy soil. However, when I brought up toxicity of cod liver oil, the atmosphere quickly turned from science to religion. Not only did I warn them about cod liver oil, the vitamin A researcher they flew in, Dr. Noel Solomon, also warned them about cod liver oil. No use. With every word either of us spoke, the flasks flashed as members of the audience took swigs of their cod liver oil.

Last edited:
Also I know someone complained that they were not able to see the study done titled:

Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A Toxicity, Frequent Respiratory
Infections, and the Vitamin D Deficiency Epidemic.

I happen to have access to it, so if you are interested or anyone else is, let me know and I will post up the study on here for you guys.

Also I know someone complained that they were not able to see the study done titled:

Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A Toxicity, Frequent Respiratory
Infections, and the Vitamin D Deficiency Epidemic.

I happen to have access to it, so if you are interested or anyone else is, let me know and I will post up the study on here for you guys.

By all means feel free to post the study. I'll certainly give it a read

Apparently, the .pdf file is too large to attach. So I uploaded it using rapidshare.

If anyone is uncomfortable with opening the link, feel free to scan it with virustotal before opening to ensure I'm not being sneaky!

**broken link removed**

It talks about possible reasons for variation in Cod liver oil experiments from the earlier 1900s, versus now. It talks about the ratio of Vitamin A to Vitamin D, and why the right ratio is very important.

It talks about Vitamin A negatives and the contradiction revolving around Vitamin A helping with infections (Severely deficient test subjects) in other experiments.

Talks about the need for Vitamin A to NORMAL levels, but not higher than that, which may actually lower immune function. That is why he emphasizes beta carotene to supply the body with enough to regulate its own levels.

Basically the U curve for Vitamin A and Vitamin D and finding the magic spot.

Very interesting study.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner