over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin D

I take 10,000 a day also and that keeps my blood level at the high end of normal. It has boosted my immune system substantially. It is IMPERATIVE that you take K2 with vitamin D3 and calcium. K2 drives calcium into the bone and keeps it from calcifying your vessel walls.

Great article. This article is particularly relevant to all my fellow Canadians who get very little sunlight 6 months of the year.

Remember that vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin. It needs to be taken with meals that contain dietary fat to be absorbed.

You are correct, as this will allow for the highest absorption rate, but it will still absorb fairly well even when taken on an empty stomach. Obviously, we should take it with food (fat) when we can, but I wouldn't skip a dose just because no fat is available.

I'm confused, only just added vit d3 to my sup stack and they are 62.5ug(1250%ri)? How are you lot take 10,000?

With my morning meal I take 5000iu Vit D3, Vit K2 mix (100mcg mk-7/1300mcg mk-4), and a high dosed fish oil.

I eat whole eggs,beef liver and Salmon daily.

I take 10,000 a day also and that keeps my blood level at the high end of normal. It has boosted my immune system substantially. It is IMPERATIVE that you take K2 with vitamin D3 and calcium. K2 drives calcium into the bone and keeps it from calcifying your vessel walls.

This x 10

Wondering why you folks on this thread are not taking K2 (yet another CRUCIAL yet inexpensive vitamin) with VD.

That's just silly.

What do you consider the "high end of normal"? Also, how much K2? I ask because I also take 10,000IU a day with 90 mcg of K2 (MK-7 specifically).

My kidney doctor had me start taking 1000iu D3, my D was 28.3 (low) in October. I am taking 2000 iu since and had my blood work done earlier this month and it was at 35.6, in range but lower end. I will try raising it and try adding K2.

What do you consider the "high end of normal"? Also, how much K2? I ask because I also take 10,000IU a day with 90 mcg of K2 (MK-7 specifically).

The test I had done had a range from 25-100.....I came back at 96.
I take 90 mcg of K2.

The test I had done had a range from 25-100.....I came back at 96.
I take 90 mcg of K2.

10000 D3 and 90 K2....thanks

I know D3 can get toxic at a certain point, didn't want that.

Vitamin D is the only vitamin that I swear I can feel (sure, it could always be placebo - but I don't get this for any other vitamin).

Especially in the winter when I don't get much sun exposure, I feel a difference in mood after consistently taking it vs. skipping it for a while.

2,000 mg / day is what I take.

For anyone interested, my blood level of Vitamin D is 71 while taking 10,000iu daily, which seems to be the perfect dose for me.

This x 10

Wondering why you folks on this thread are not taking K2 (yet another CRUCIAL yet inexpensive vitamin) with VD.

That's just silly.

he asked about vit d, so I did not mention k2 probably like others, I take super k from life extension.

Last edited:
Vit D too high?

Just had bloods done and and my Vit D levels(25 hydroxy) came back at 250.8nmol/L (range 50-175nmol/L).

I noticed the testing lab had marked "Vitamin D adequate" but my Dr was really concerned that it was so much over the range; talking about toxicity etc, wanting to retest and refer me to speak with a Dr at the hospital.

Is my level dangerous?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner