over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin D

animal71

Banned
We've all heard of vitamin D and how it's crucial to calcium absorption, but is it crucial to bodybuilding? Do you guys take Vitamin D daily? if so at what dose? and do you feel any difference on your immune system from it?

I take it daily but always with calcium. Calcium+Vitamin D stack, and I always add 500mgs of vitamin C on top.

We have a good new article about vitamin D up on evo, feedback is welcome:
https://www.evolutionary.org/vitamin-d/

vitamin-d.jpg

My take on Vitamin D is this:

If you are too cheap to be taking one of the most important, yet inexpensive supplements in existence, shame on you.

I take 10,000 ius a day. I am no longer deficient but I can't say I feel any different. :banghead:

I take 10,000 ius a day. I am no longer deficient but I can't say I feel any different. :banghead:
10,000 a day means nothing. its relative.. u may need 25000 a day for few months to bring your levels up. u may be tooo low. who knows. keep the guess work out. get a 25-hydroxy vitamin D test done.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Great article. This article is particularly relevant to all my fellow Canadians who get very little sunlight 6 months of the year.

Remember that vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin. It needs to be taken with meals that contain dietary fat to be absorbed.

i take 4,000iu 3x a day , with a fatty meal , i also eat a couple tums a day because i don't eat or drink dairy or anything calcium rich

I'm usually 240-260 and I need 12,000iu/day to bring my levels up to about 65. At 7K daily, I'm usually in the 35-40 range. I also use Life Extension Super K at 2/day. The benefits of D & K cannot be underestimated.

40,000iu once per week took me from the low 30s to 86

I have been taking it since 2007 when I tested low for D, 10,000 ius a day in the winter and 5,000 in the summer.
I used to use carlson's but switched to sports research brand in which the D is in coconut oil capsules.

if you are an indoors person or live in a high latitude place that doesn't get direct sun you really need to be taking it. if your gym has an infrared sauna that is a good idea too for about 10-15 minutes after your workout

I typically take 5000iu a day and it keeps me within a healthy range. I can't say I feel different taking it, but when I go off for a little bit of time I don't feel quite right. Lower energy, a little moodier...

Wow!!! I am taking 2000IU's a day. Thought that was enough. I live in Chicago and a black man so winter months I don't see any sun at all and what I might see. With my dark pigmentation. Not sure how much D I actually would be getting...I am 225 and prepping for a show. Do people really need that much Vitamin D???

Thanks for the post, it reminded me to go pick some up since I ran out.

Also, that Stan Efferding video was excellent. I sent it to my wife to watch, although there's only a 50/50 chance she will. She was tested with low vitamin D levels a couple years ago. Then, more recently tested with high A1C levels. I probably can't convince her to go get more blood work, but I'll force feed vitamin D to her if necessary.

10,000iu a day with 4g of vitamin c. I have 2-3 cups of milk, and eat cheese, etc, for my calcium intake.
Rambo i take it you not taking vit c 4 gm all in one go ? vit c or b complex are water solubles so body dont hold onto them and u basically pee them out if you have a lot in one go. best to spread vit c through out the day.

I use a slow release vit c version.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Rambo i take it you not taking vit c 4 gm all in one go ? vit c or b complex are water solubles so body dont hold onto them and u basically pee them out if you have a lot in one go. best to spread vit c through out the day.

I use a slow release vit c version.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app
For sure dev, I split them into two doses one upon waking with breakfast and the other late evening with dinner. I took my vit d reading from 23 to 57 doing this and I'm using the spring valley Walmart supps.

Vitamin D is a very critical vitamin. With the way our lifestyles are now it is easy to not get enough in. I take a few supplements that contain Vitamin including N2JointRX.

I bought some vitamin D the other day.The guy at the health food store said not to take to much because it causes fatty liver ?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws