over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitor Belfort side by side on and off TRT pic

Who has Jones ducked?

Who has Jones ducked?

Nobody. He's fought everybody they put in front of him.

Haha right.... Except for the fact that Jon Jones is the only Champion that turned down a fight with Chael Sonnen which subsequently caused the UFC to cancel a fight for the first time in the companies history. Yes, he ultimately fought and beat Chael easily, but the fact remains that he still turned down fight. When you're champ you should fight anyone at any point in time. Especially when you've already been through 75% of your training camp. Turning down fights is not fighting every guy they put in front of you as you say.

Let's no forget the ducking of Gus after they fought. They asked Jones to do an immediate rematch, but nope, for the second time, the Champion turned down another fight and asked for Glover instead. Even though Gus was calling him out, the fans wanted the fight, and Dana wanted the rematch, Jones turned it down. Jones knows damn well that he lost that fight to Gus which is why he wanted no part of the rematch. Even if you don't think he lost, the fight was still VERY close and Gus deserved any immediate rematch.

No Champion has ever declined a fight (besides Tito ducking Chuck), but Jon Jones. Every other champion has said they will fight whoever the UFC and the fans want to see and they always back up their talk. Chuck rematched Tito, Anderson rematched Rich Franklin, Chris Weidman rematched Anderson Silva, Benson Henderson rematched Frankie, Frankie rematched BJ and Maynard.... Should I go on?

Call it what you want, but no champion has ever hand picked so many of his opponents like Jones has. He doesn't care what his fans or the UFC wants. It's all about what Jon Jones wants. I understand that its his career, but like I said before no other champion has been so picky about his opponents, nor should he be. He's the champ for Christ sake. He's suppose to be the best so he needs to prove it.

I'm not hating on the guy, I'm just calling it like I see it and how it is. The guy is ultra talented and is a stud fighter, but he has turned into a huge pre-Madonna, egomaniac. He'll go down as one of the greatest MMA fighters, but he'll also be known for the guy that caused the UFC to cancel its first ever fight in twenty years.

Everything I'm saying is factual and there's no denying that he's turned down more than one fight. The guy can fight, but he's a selfish egomaniac that cares more about his "legacy" than what his fans and boss wants.

Last edited:
Haha right.... Except for the fact that Jon Jones is the only Champion that turned down a fight with Chael Sonnen which subsequently caused the UFC to cancel a fight for the first time in the companies history. Yes, he ultimately fought and beat Chael easily, but the fact remains that he still turned down fight. When you're champ you should fight anyone at any point in time. Especially when you've already been through 75% of your training camp. Turning down fights is not fighting every guy they put in front of you as you say.

Let's no forget the ducking of Gus after they fought. They asked Jones to do an immediate rematch, but nope, for the second time, the Champion turned down another fight and asked for Glover instead. Even though Gus was calling him out, the fans wanted the fight, and Dana wanted the rematch, Jones turned it down. Jones knows damn well that he lost that fight to Gus which is why he wanted no part of the rematch. Even if you don't think he lost, the fight was still VERY close and Gus deserved any immediate rematch.

No Champion has ever declined a fight (besides Tito ducking Chuck), but Jon Jones. Every other champion has said they will fight whoever the UFC and the fans want to see and they always back up their talk. Chuck rematched Tito, Anderson rematched Rich Franklin, Chris Weidman rematched Anderson Silva, Benson Henderson rematched Frankie, Frankie rematched BJ and Maynard.... Should I go on?

Call it what you want, but no champion has ever hand picked so many of his opponents like Jones has. He doesn't care what his fans or the UFC wants. It's all about what Jon Jones wants. I understand that its his career, but like I said before no other champion has been so picky about his opponents, nor should he be. He's the champ for Christ sake. He's suppose to be the best so he needs to prove it.

I'm not hating on the guy, I'm just calling it like I see it and how it is. The guy is ultra talented and is a stud fighter, but he has turned into a huge pre-Madonna, egomaniac. He'll go down as one of the greatest MMA fighters, but he'll also be known for the guy that caused the UFC to cancel its first ever fight in twenty years.

Everything I'm saying is factual and there's no denying that he's turned down more than one fight. The guy can fight, but he's a selfish egomaniac that cares more about his "legacy" than what his fans and boss wants.

Bottom line- he fought everybody they put in front of him. Chael, Gus...everybody. If he tried to duck Gus the second time it doesn't matter cuz the ufc is the boss and they forced him to take the fight. Which he did. Gus is the one who had to pull out.
I'm not a fan of the dude. I think he's a tool and I root against him every time. But dude is the champ...give him his due.

Bottom line- he fought everybody they put in front of him. Chael, Gus...everybody. If he tried to duck Gus the second time it doesn't matter cuz the ufc is the boss and they forced him to take the fight. Which he did. Gus is the one who had to pull out.
I'm not a fan of the dude. I think he's a tool and I root against him every time. But dude is the champ...give him his due.

Going to have to respectfully disagree. They put Chael in front of him and he said no. They put Gus in front of him and he said no. Turning down fights isn't fighting everyone they put in front of you. It doesn't matter if he fought them in the future or not. He should never be turning down fights... Especially big rematch fights that everyone wants to see.

I guess my point is it doesn't matter if he wanted to fight them. He fought them.

Being a fan of boxing over the decades I have seen far worse from its champions who have successfully ducked contenders over the years. The UFC doesn't really give you a choice.

Which is the way it should be. If you're the champ then you should fight whoever they tell you to.

Right on man! Boxing could learn a few things from the UFC.

I've never liked boxing. Even before I was a big MMA fan I always thought boxing was boring. I've heard a lot of corrupt things about boxing.

Going to have to respectfully disagree. They put Chael in front of him and he said no. They put Gus in front of him and he said no. Turning down fights isn't fighting everyone they put in front of you. It doesn't matter if he fought them in the future or not. He should never be turning down fights... Especially big rematch fights that everyone wants to see.

The only case one could make for fucking ifs Guys. He wanted the winner of Gus/DC match. He never ducked Sonnen , he was supposed to fight Hendo and they changed his opponent 8 days prior to the fight. His coach advised not to take the fight and he listened to his coach. Jones ducking heavyweight? Based on what? He's tall and lanky, but still makes 205 easily. They said the same thing about Silva ducking light heavy. A couple months back people were claiming Jones was ducking DC. At the end of the day Dana tells them who to fight and that's the end of it.

The only case one could make for fucking ifs Guys. He wanted the winner of Gus/DC match. He never ducked Sonnen , he was supposed to fight Hendo and they changed his opponent 8 days prior to the fight. His coach advised not to take the fight and he listened to his coach. Jones ducking heavyweight? Based on what? He's tall and lanky, but still makes 205 easily. They said the same thing about Silva ducking light heavy. A couple months back people were claiming Jones was ducking DC. At the end of the day Dana tells them who to fight and that's the end of it.

My point^^^

In the UFC you don't get to turn down fights. With a few reasonable exceptions (fighting out of weight class, short notice). Especially is you want to keep your championship belt.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131