over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Viva Naturals Krill Oil

muscle96ss

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I know from previous threads on here that a lot of members use the Viva Naturals Krill Oil. ConsumerLab.com just published an article along with testing of a bunch of brands of Krill Oil and Fish Oil and the Viva Naturals Krill oil failed with only containing 63% of astaxanthin as claimed and it also contained excessive levels of arsenic. It is a pay site so I can't copy and paste the article, but I figured I would give everyone the heads up.

I know from previous threads on here that a lot of members use the Viva Naturals Krill Oil. ConsumerLab.com just published an article along with testing of a bunch of brands of Krill Oil and Fish Oil and the Viva Naturals Krill oil failed with only containing 63% of astaxanthin as claimed and it also contained excessive levels of arsenic. It is a pay site so I can't copy and paste the article, but I figured I would give everyone the heads up.
Thanks for the heads up. It’s the krill oil I have been using now for a couple of years. Very disappointed to hear this. Which krill oil out of the brands that were tested would you recommend?

Can you post any of the other well known brands that tested really bad (and good) if possible. Thanks

I have never used this brand (obviously never will either) but just curious how excessive was the arsenic content? I assume it contained close to the advertised krill oil content?

Yea, maybe the top 1-3 of the best tested might help some of us out.......if possible, lol:)

Thanks for the heads up brother:cool:

I have never used this brand (obviously never will either) but just curious how excessive was the arsenic content? I assume it contained close to the advertised krill oil content?

1 serving(2 capsules) contain 4.9 ppm aresenic and .08ppm of the more toxic inorganic arsenic.

Thanks for the heads up. It’s the krill oil I have been using now for a couple of years. Very disappointed to hear this. Which krill oil out of the brands that were tested would you recommend?

Members Mark(Sams Club) was the only other one they tested and they approved it. I personally have been taking Healthy Origins for a long time. They use the patented "K-Real" krill oil. Every now and then on Amazon they have it at like half price for a day, so I just stock up then.

Members Mark(Sams Club) was the only other one they tested and they approved it. I personally have been taking Healthy Origins for a long time. They use the patented "K-Real" krill oil. Every now and then on Amazon they have it at like half price for a day, so I just stock up then.

Thanks for sharing. I would have never thought Members Mark brand would be that great.

Thanks for sharing. Do you know if the tested fish oils have more or less toxin content than the krill oils? Might subscribe to the site later on, seems like a lot of good info.

Thanks for sharing. Do you know if the tested fish oils have more or less toxin content than the krill oils? Might subscribe to the site later on, seems like a lot of good info.

They tested the fish and krill oil products for heavy metals and the only one that failed or that they mentioned anything about was the Viva Naturals Krill.

MegaRed is an excellent brand. Tested and approved by consumerlab

Viva Labs krill never did anything for me when I used it a few years ago. Thanks for the info though..that's interesting to say the least. I don't use Krill because it is just too easy to get a super high quality fish oil (Nordic, Carlsons, TN, Jarrow) and add Astaxanthin from Bioastin or Jarrow on the side. I haven't cracked the code with bloodwork and citrus bergamot either..but I do think there are intangible benefits with that regardless of massive changes in lipids.

The best price I found Healthy Origins K-real at is 32 cents per 1g serving via the subscription option on Amazon.
Seems like a good price.

Thanks for sharing paid for infor!!! I have not heard of that brand. I have used Oceanblue for the past three years. I havn't seen any test about them though. They sell them in Publix pharmacy or you can get them online.

Also check labdoor.com the hat is a great free resource to check supplement manufacturers out.

Here is a link to the fish oil rankings, they haven’t done krill specifically yet but have many others

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws