over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

vodka/// just asking

hollaatyaboyy1

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
can someone answer and or explain to me how there is nothing in vodka except "empty" calories....i know it is "energy" but what is it made up of.. how can there be calories if its made up of essentially nothing? no fat, carbs or protien.............just askinnn

It contains alcohol and a gram of alcohol is equal to 7 calories - but essentially no nutritional value. You're body recognizes alcohol as a toxin and immediately works to rid your body of it.

Like I said - a gram of alcohol is equal to 7 calories.

1 gram of Protein = 4 cals
1 gram of Carbs = 4 cals
1 gram of Fat = 9 cals
1 gram of Alcohol = 7 cals

Sources show one ounce or shot of Vodka has 64 calories. Plus all the other shit added to it. A calorie is a calorie. Plus hepatoxic with or without gear.

So if a shot is 1.5 oz, that is equal to about 42.5 grams. And most Vodka is 80 proof which means it's 40% alcohol. So 0.4*42.5 = 17 grams of alcohol in that shot - 17 grams * 7 calories = 119 calories.

An ounce of vodka, by this same math, is equal to about 79 calories.

**This is a rough estimation and may not always be exact.

Last edited:
It's kinda like glycerine, is it a carb? is it not a carb? if it isn't why does it have caloric value of four per gram?

Alcohol and glycerine, non-traditional macros, I suppose.

So if a shot is 1.5 oz, that is equal to about 42.5 grams. And most Vodka is 80 proof which means it's 40% alcohol. So 0.4*42.5 = 17 grams of alcohol in that shot - 17 grams * 7 calories = 119 calories.

An ounce of vodka, by this same math, is equal to about 79 calories.

**This is a rough estimation and may not always be exact.
Heres my source Bro-...

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Fiber, fats, protein, carbs, organic acids, polyols, and ethanol all release energy during respiration, thus giving them calories (or the correct nomenclature-food energy).

When food and oxygen react, energy is released. Fats and ethanol have the highest food energy (calories)-9 and 7kcal per gram.

here's the truth.
Alcohol(conservatively consumed)+ bodybuilding = wont kill you
Bodybuilding + no alcohol = optimal.

if you have a martini every saturday night while training its not gonna really hurt. if you are in contest prep it will, but the rest of the year it wont kill you. just use your head. you can either be a HEALTHY bodybuilder, or someone who parties who happens to have some muscles. theyre 2 different things. binge drinking and steroids are a real recipe for disaster. a glass of wine wiht a really nice filet, isnt going to put you in the hospital.

for me its no drinking period no desire to! but if i do its a glass of red wine - so i can atleast have a healthier drink then a hard alcohol cocktail.

here's the truth.
Alcohol(conservatively consumed)+ bodybuilding = wont kill you
Bodybuilding + no alcohol = optimal.

if you have a martini every saturday night while training its not gonna really hurt. if you are in contest prep it will, but the rest of the year it wont kill you. just use your head. you can either be a HEALTHY bodybuilder, or someone who parties who happens to have some muscles. theyre 2 different things. binge drinking and steroids are a real recipe for disaster. a glass of wine wiht a really nice filet, isnt going to put you in the hospital.

I am by no means the most intelligent bodybuilder on this board, but I do recognize wisdom when I see it.

Everyone here, especially those who don't know, should listen to this; concerning using alcohol.

when i was younger i use to drink all the time and still train like crazy-no if i drink i feel like shit for days-

Quitting drinking was the best thing I ever did for my physique and well being.

this board is awesomeee...... so many very intelligent people thanks for all the input.... everytime i have a question it gets answered through and through..... thanks all

Moderation in everything. I drink a glass of wine with dinner twice a week, and on UFC fight night I might drink 6 beers.

nutrition aside, Kettle One is quite delicious. :D

A colorie is a colorie right? Not with alcohol. Ya need alcohol dehydrogynase to break down. That with gear aint too good. A beer here and there wont hurt ya but Im an all oe nothng cat. 10 light beers or nothin. I dont get drunk ever but if im gonna drink I drink. But my liver after 25 years of gear does not need xtra load so fuck it. Glass of social wine. Empty belly light buzz. Was sorry when GHB taking off market. Broken down by same enzyme (alcohol dehydrogynase) but not hepatoxic. So now I fake a beer while out and say fuck it I wanna look good and feel healthy. Vodka? Kill that liver and tax pancreas. Got enough goin on with HGH and sus. Its a choice. Make the right one.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member