over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Waist Trainer Recommendation

lmt183

Registered
Hey Guys, wont lie, recently saw a video on how Roelly likely reduced his waist size, in part, by using a waist trainer. I know they are likely bullshit, but as a competitive bodybuilder with a gorilla gut, I'm willing to try anything. Does anyone have some suggestions on one to use (specifically which one to buy) for a bigger guy (270-280lbs) in offseason mid 230s on stage. Thanks in advance.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2wyRjdhock"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2wyRjdhock[/ame]
Aforementioned video^^

I mean corsettes worked.. why wouldn’t wearing a waist trainer 24/7? That along with fine tuning your diet to your body and eliminating things that cause bloat for you (carb sources, less meat) and then working on your gut control during posing.

It just seems incredibly uncomfortable to wear all day long lol

I’ve gone back and forth on this myself, all my knowledge in regards to how the body works and losing weight leads me to believe that the only way it works is by either moving your insides around over time which is bad or by just making you sweat around that area which is temporary.

I really don’t want that to be true because I would love if it helped with my love handles so I would be really interest if someone had a reason as to why it would actually work.

My experience is that most guys just let their guts sag. So a waist trainer may work. But so does practicing holding your belly in. I have fat guys I work with that do this and theirs is flat and guys that aren't nearly over weight as much that have big Buddha bellies.

Logocally, they shouldnt work... but they do.

Squeem makes cinchers for men. Quality brand, good materials.
Squeeze Me Skinny is another

Ive tried multiple brands, these 2 are great. The key is to wear them every day, working up to longer periods of time. Its not some device thats going to squeeze your organs like shock reviews want to make you believe. Theyre not as rigid as a corset. They provide a nice amount of compression that also seems to help correct posture and provide low back support as an added bonus (I wear one when I work, fits nicely under shirts).
Since starting to use one consistently, my waist is permanently 3-4" smaller. Granted some of that is also continued training and conditioning, but it is a noticeable change and worth it

Last edited:
I completely feel for the Buddha belly guys. It seems to me I’m predisposed to my lower stomach sticking out slightly more than my upper. Even when I cut my lower belly tends to stick out further than my upper. I have been wondering about this for quite a while and had thought about a waist trainer when they first came out just to help train my lower abs to stay in and get the nice taper that my frame should have. I’ll be looking into the men’s trainers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Waist trainers definitely work but I’d start focusing on working your abs constantly , every time you think about it crunch the shit out of your abs. You can do crunches all day long sit in your car , desk or standing up.

More importantly than ding crunches start doing vacuum poses and hold the vacuum as long as possible , do this several dozen times a day and focus o keeping your abs tight.

Growing up my dad would constantly poke me in the gut to make sure I was keeping my stomach tight at all times , he did this for proper posture reasons more than anything when I was young then it was automatic when I got into martial arts

I would where one doing cardio to get some extra sweat going.

What's made a difference for me this last year, as Gunsmith said, is a greater focus on actually training abs. Especially vacuums. Even being heavier by a decent amount over last year (for a midget) my waist is actually smaller than it was on stage already, and the big difference was training abs again and doing vacuums.

i remember dante talking about having some of his guys use these during precontest WAY back in the day before they got so popular.

I'm not 100% sure how they work, but they most certainly do "work."

jerry ward had an interesting take on them in one of his youtube videos and feels they keep the transverse abdominis shortened for extended periods of time which actually strengthens it and allows semi-"permanent" adaptations to occur, which results in a smaller waist...

i dunno...

They work period.. throw the science in the bin on this.

1) DM IFBB Santi on IG and u can buy his waist taper version 2 which is out now

Or

2)

BUY THIS ONE..

https://www.instagram.com/vtrainernz/

Either will do

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

lol..

-focus on keeping your abs 'in'... IE practice vacuums so much that it becomes almost subconscious

-eat less food and/or more easily digestible food (replace those steaks with fish and egg whites)

-lots of water

-LOTS of fiber (or at least get adequate amounts... most people really don't)

-do cardio regularly to keep your digestive tract moving

-lay off on insulin and go easy on GH

no need for a squeem lol.. don't be ridiculous.

my stomach goes out far past my chest during gaining phases, but after ive been dieting hard for a month, I can keep my abs in easily, and pull a decent vacuum.

Pakulski went from embarrassingly huge gut to pretty sick vacuum.. haven't heard him mention any squueeeeeeeeems

-left

22 years old, about 165-170
waist was about 29 inches. lots of cardio (walking) barely any food... just chicken and vegetables

-middle

25 years old, about 240
waist was about 36 inches. no cardio, tons of bullshit food.

-right

also 25 years old, about 195
waist was about 30 inches. some cardio, not much food at all, tons of vegetables and fiber, after lots of DNP :eek:

no squeems involved

Attachments

• skinny.jpg
    skinny.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 1,020
So, you're telling us your waist got smaller losing weight?

Thats not the point of the post. Ive never used one but i will next prep. I used MP's lil vasoburn wrap just to create heat with the topical, but it doesnt really restrict the abdominal region or keep it tight.

Stomach control is huge on stage and these can definitely help.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1455505581549-1.jpg
    FB_IMG_1455505581549-1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 963
1. Thats not the point of the post.

2. but it doesnt really restrict the abdominal region or keep it tight.

3. Stomach control is huge on stage and these can definitely help.

1. right, the point of my post is that squeems are unnecessary.

2. yeah they will keep your waist tight as long as you are wearing them... but take them off? why not just save money and focus on keeping your abs in?

do you think that squeems actually cause physiological changes?

3. I bet you anything that Roelly just focused on keeping his abs in, eating better, and not loading up on insane amounts of carbs immediately precontest.

again... Ben Pakulski anyone?

1. right, the point of my post is that squeems are unnecessary.

2. yeah they will keep your waist tight as long as you are wearing them... but take them off? why not just save money and focus on keeping your abs in?

do you think that squeems actually cause physiological changes?

3. I bet you anything that Roelly just focused on keeping his abs in, eating better, and not loading up on insane amounts of carbs immediately precontest.

again... Ben Pakulski anyone?

For the life of me i just cant compare bpak's attention to detail and intelligence to Roelley for example.

1. We can agree to disagree. I probably lost the overall due to not controlling my gut this weekend tbh. Ill be implementing it and giving it a try. Cost the same as a bottle of test.

2. Well we all do that even with say our posture, but then we slouch back into that comfort zone. This wont allow that.

3. Im sure he was "trying" before. And i highly doubt he dropped his drugs at all lol.

im not entirely read up on the IFBB rules

do they let you wear squeems on stage?

Attachments

• pakulski.jpg
    pakulski.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,315
Did you ask Ben if he used a squeem? Gonna need a citation.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Just ordered a vtrainer. I'll post some before and after pics after wearing it for a few months time. I've got low back issues (bulging L5/S1) so the added support will be a bonus there too. I was pleasantly surprised to hear all of the positive feedback regarding waist trainers. I'll be doing my vacuums and posing in the meantime too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws