over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Walking and leg mass

Walking will not affect your leg size! If so I would have pencil legs.

I find that jogging actually increases my leg mass, probably by increasing the muscle's ability to store glycogen.

Have you seen the legs on some of the pro-cycler's? They have better development than many dedicated bodybuilders.

maxresdefault.jpg

His quads are enormous but that is a badly photoshopped pic.

HM this will 100% be an age thing.

Generally walking shouldn't reduce leg size but there are many variables. Someone walking huge distances could reduce their leg size for example.

Walking no. Aging yes.

Lots of good input here, thanks guys. I'm going to look to slow down my reps and pause more to get more out of the lower weight. I know I could squat 6 plates again in a few months if I tried but it would be too damaging. I'll see what I can do by increasing intensity in other ways than just poundage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lots of good input here, thanks guys. I'm going to look to slow down my reps and pause more to get more out of the lower weight. I know I could squat 6 plates again in a few months if I tried but it would be too damaging. I'll see what I can do by increasing intensity in other ways than just poundage.

From the older guys (you are still fairly young ;)) I have spoken to over the years that is 100% the correct path to follow. Perhaps look at increasing leg training frequency as that also seems to be a good approach. So fairly low volume but higher frequency. Increasing intensity with restricted weight sounds great to me. Nothing good will come from 6 plate per side squats in your 50's. It's good to see you posting again on here.

From the older guys (you are still fairly young ;)) I have spoken to over the years that is 100% the correct path to follow. Perhaps look at increasing leg training frequency as that also seems to be a good approach. So fairly low volume but higher frequency. Increasing intensity with restricted weight sounds great to me. Nothing good will come from 6 plate per side squats in your 50's. It's good to see you posting again on here.
Thanks a lot. I will compete again in October, then the Japan Amateur Olympia so trying to bring my best....legs included!

As walking and other activities like it actually cause very little bend in the knees or hips I can't see it doing much to the muscle in a negative manner. Especially for the quads. The wear and tear on the knees and maybe the hips and the inflammation it can cause would be the real down side I would think. When I used to walk 2-3 hours a day during the summers my knees would be fairly hammered due to the impact.

As walking and other activities like it actually cause very little bend in the knees or hips I can't see it doing much to the muscle in a negative manner. Especially for the quads. The wear and tear on the knees and maybe the hips and the inflammation it can cause would be the real down side I would think. When I used to walk 2-3 hours a day during the summers my knees would be fairly hammered due to the impact.

my feet and hips were affected the most when i was walking a shit ton. I don't know if it affected my leg size but it certainly affected my squat strength.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws