over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Walking Beast's Journal Of Mutilation

Arms

Light and low volume

Biceps were tore up as fuck prior to the session. Down to the bones in my arms. I stuck with light weight and focus on contraction, high reps.

For triceps I hit two PRs with the tricep only dumbbell presses. Elbows were clicking bad so the reps were more fucked up than usual and painful. With elbows slightly dislocating on many of the reps. Thats the only thing slowing my strength down with the movement for now. Regardless I banged out 100x35 and 110x24.

Elbows were worse afterword, so I just focused on contractions and holds for the cable work for triceps afterward. There was some friction with the stack loaded up to 300 lbs. Its hit or miss with that issue. Not severe though this time.

226 lbs after two small meals

Tricep Only Dumbbell Press (elbows tucked, palms facing)

45x75 warm up only
75x20 same
100x35 (PR, see video. Elbows clicking pretty severely. Made the set painful and fucked up the flow of the set)

110x24 (PR , see video. Same issues)

Straight Bar Pressdowns

KILOGRAMS for pressdowns unless noted

no rest til line (warm ups)

35x70
65x20
95x10
35x20 Strict Dumbbell Curls (palms facing front, holds at top, no twisting)
------

Elbows were irritated from the clicking during the previous movement.

Curved Bar Pressdowns

95x20 (210 lb stack. Warm up only)

No rest til line

300 lbs x 10 (some friction with this set and 255 lb set, with extra plates on stack)
255 lbs x10
95 (kilos again) x10
80x10
65x10
57x10
-------

V Bar pressdowns

KILOGRAMS

no rest til line (warm ups)

65x20
95x10
-----

No rest til line (Down the stack one plate at a time)

95x10
87x10
80x10
72x10
65x10
57x10
50x10
42x10
35x10
30x10
25x10
20x10
--------

Most reps contracted hard and held at bottom with tricep cable work

One Arm Cable Pressdowns

KILOGRAMS

Didnt count these but started at 20 kilos, alternated each side for 10 reps and worked up to 35 kilos (up the stack), then back down again to 20 kilos.

At the 35 kilo mark the reps may have reduced to 5 per arm.

Incline Dumbbell Curls

35x50 (Brief rest pauses. Holds at the top)
45x15 (brief rest pauses, holds at top)

Biceps were real torn up so I was very limited with weight and volume.

Seated Cable Curls

No rest til line (holds at top)

25x20
??x10
80x5
------

No rest (same style)

70x10
60x10
50x10
----------------

Videos below

KILL THAT SHIT

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XRl4Lvt6Z0"]Tricep Only Dumbbell Press 100x35 elbow clicking an issue - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-gY4GMll3U"]Tricep Only Dumbbell Press 110x24 Elbow clicking bad, an issue - YouTube[/ame]

Yesterday's intake

Cereal with milk for first meal,(Plus rest of yesterdays milk)(50)big100 met rx protein bar for second meal,

(81)1/2 a pastrami sub, fries and 11 chicken wings with blue cheese for third meal

Big100 met rx bar for fourth meal, (181)(18 oz skim milk)(211)

211 grams protein

Dropped by my uncle's place yesterday. Since I wasnt home I didnt keep up on the protein like usual. I ate one pretty large meal though. He was a former "mass monster" and it was always like a tradition that we would train and then binge all day on food. I havent trained with him in a while but we still place big orders when we meet up. We used to hit 3 or 4 fast food chains and pile the shit on the coffee table and just consume it through the day. He also cooked some clean meals like egg whites and grits, lean turkey, etc.

He was always much more standard with bodybuilding. Flexible as far as eating high calorie fast foods and shit like that, but mixed in with eating every 2 hours. Mostly clean meals every 2 hours and maybe one big binge meal , usually after training. When he got contest ready he would of course eliminate carbs. My digestion is fucked up so my style with eating was always different. As shown it varies by the day. Days rarely look the same for me. By the time I trained with him, he was at peak size. Anywhere from 230-285 depending on when it was. His training involved NO rest between sets EXCEPT when it was my turn to hit the set. We alternated. Whenever possible he set it up so that there was NO rest. Meaning alot of cable and dumbbell work could be done simultaneous, not waiting. In 45 minutes to an hour a massive amount of volume would be completed. It was much lighter but pump style all the way.

I only trained this way when I trained with him. Many times on and off throughout the years. My first time being when I was 17 or so at world's gym. I remember feeling like nothing next to his 23 inch arms, massive traps, etc. My intensity meant that I kept up though. I was always much stronger than my size would indicate. Mostly because of mental tenacity.

However that style was not really productive for me at the time. He already had many injuries and was maintaining peak size. He put in all the ground work. I still had to put in that heavy work with long rest between sets, massive volume, etc. I didnt have any benefit of anabolics either. I went through phases where we trained regularly but mostly I trained in my own way on my own. I had to get in the heavy work and build that foundation first. Now in my mid thirties I can respond to pump type of training. Much different scenario now though.

Of course now Im just trying to gain clean muscle. I dont have that metabolism anymore. I needed calorie dense food back then. Not anymore.

Today should be back to more protein focus over calories. Ill hit legs shortly as well. See what my knees can handle today without destroying them.

KILL THAT SHIT

Attempted legs

Left knee still fucking with me bad. Worse than last week. Every rep was painful on the left side and my right leg was absorbing the bulk of the resistance.

Training through this type of pain usually makes shit worse. Ive ruptured 6 discs through training, so I know about pushing beyond the breaking point. Legs training is not really a part of my current goals, so it doesnt matter too much.

I will try again next week and maybe double the naproxen dose. 440 mgs probably wont do much, but I can try 880 in two doses prior. Maybe take all my daily tramadol prior to the session as well. Taking down inflammation would be the main thing though. Pain is not the issue. Naproxen can help sometimes, depending on severity.

Overall a worthless session but Ill do what I can, within reason. If I cant walk thats going to fuck up my training. Ill likely take a break in that case.

Bodyweight is rising up slowly in the first week of eating heavier. Higher protein intake basically. Not massive calories. This is a new approach for me. Usually my weight would be up alot more by now. Its good that its slower since that indicates more quality weight usually.

This is still a clean growth phase. Nine more weeks left to the phase. Next session will be chest/shoulders.

I found a good use for my protein powder. Havent been able to drink it without major acid issues. Making it into a pudding was ok but still had issues. No real issues today when I mixed a scoop of MTS whey into 3 packets instant oatmeal.

Made for a great pre training meal too. Clean carbs and protein. I can try adding two scoops at some point, but one is not a problem with the 3 packets.

FIGURED OUT WHAT WAS FUCKING WITH MY STOMACHE. THE EXTRA BETA ALANINE THAT I RECENTLY ADDED TO MY INTRA TRAINING DRINK. I FORGOT ABOUT IT IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS OF ADDING IT. WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY MY STOMACHE WAS BURNING ALL DAY LONG AND BLOATED. ELIMINATED THE BETA AND NOW IT FEELS LIKE USUAL AGAIN.

I DONT NEED SUPPLMENTS ANYMORE ANYWAY. ITS VERY OPTIONAL. I CONSTANTLY INCREASE STRENGTH AND SIZE WITHOUT THAT SHIT. THE HORMONE REPLACEMENT IS GOOD ENOUGH. ILL KEEP THE CREATINE AND AMINOS, CARB POWDER IN MY INTRA DRINK THOUGH. MUSCLE ENDURANCE IS ALSO NO ISSUE AS I BELIEVE THAT IS ALL MENTAL. COMES DOWN TO DRIVING THROUGH THE PAIN. MY MUSCLE ENDURANCE IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR WHAT IM DOING NOW.

227 lbs after meal

Attempted leg extentions. Immediate pain in left knee. Could tell it would be a bad idea.

Seated Leg Curl

No rest til line (warm ups)

95x30
130x10
-------

150x10

No rest til line

170x5
150x10
110x10
90x20
------

Hamstrings tight as fuck but atleast trainable.

Cybex Squat Press (Sharp knee pain in left knee on every rep. Deep reps)

Not to failure. I felt all knee pain and very little muscle stimulation. Too light for me to really do anything with.

300x60 warm
400x50 warm
400x40 (Stayed with warm up weight. Knee fucked up)
400x40 (same)

Hip Adduction

no rest til line

warm ups

70x50
150x20
190x5
------

no rest again

205x10
165x10
145x10
125x10
------

KILL THAT SHIT

Today's intake and the average protein intake for the first week of the growth phase:

big100 met rx bar for first meal,(31)

3 packets instant oatmeal with 1 scoop mts whey for second meal,(65)(18
oz skim milk)(95)

Big100 metrx bar for third meal, (126)

big100 met rx bars for for fourth meal,(157)(18 oz skim milk)(187)(3/4 cup of almonds, 3 string cheeses)(222)(10 tbsp liquid aminos with water)(272)(18 oz skim milk)(302)

302 grams protein

Never have an appetite for the type of food I eat, but was more repulsed by food today. I used protein bars, milk and filler type foods to hit 302 protein, plus 10 tablespoons of liquid aminos mixed with very little water, taken down as a shot basically. 50 grams of protein consumed instantly. (according to the label).

Also was able to get down a scoop of protein powder without any major acid by mixing it with 3 packets of oatmeal. Ill use that again as well.

I may also order more liquid aminos after I finish off the remainder of this container. Ill see about using 10 tablespoons, maybe even more to finish off days and hit a higher protein intake.

My average will probably be in the high 200s to 250s protein wise. The average protein intake for the first week is 270.

This is the protein breakdown daily:

11-21-16 289

11-22-16 303

11-23-16 262

11-24-16 232

11-25-16 290

11-26-16 211

11-27-16 302
---------------------- 270 average for week 1 of growth phase----

Mostly protein focused for cleaner growth this time around.

KILL THAT SHIT

About to hit chest and delts. Strength on the hammerstrength incline press has been slowing down and even stopped with the 360x20 set the last few weeks. My 410 lb set has been going up though.

I will intentionally make it harder on myself by hitting 360 to failure before my 410 set. This is good to warm up the damaged chest area, but it also reduces my strength for the 410 as its pre exhausting. If I wanted to efficiently aim for records id cut my warm ups down.

I dont always do this because I like to hit records despite being pre exhausted. It challenges the muscle even further. If I dont hit records on either this week (360 or 410), then I will probably cut back my 360x20 set to just a warm up set and work the 410 to 20 plus. Many ways I can manipulate my routine to constantly hit records.

Just started the heavier clean eating about 9 or 10 days ago. Only 7 of those days I count as part of the growth phase, but Ive been eating heavier for about 10 days.

So Ill see if my pressing wants to increase yet today. its very early in this phase with 9 weeks left. Strength gains will definately be continual but its hard to say when they will really kick in.

The first targets will be 360x21 plus and 410x15 plus on the HS inclines.

I will likely go back to strict nautilus overhead presses again. Ill try to increase my numbers there with the strict style, of back against the back support and full reps. A target there may be 540x15 or so. I believe Ive done 28 with the ballistic style of 3/4 reps and sitting closer to the edge of seat. This is a different style though. I am also still not back to full muscle size. Im leaner but also carrying 15 lbs less mass.

Should have videos.

KILL THAT SHIT

Power to you sir keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power to you sir keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate that shit brother !!

Welcome to the journal. Post anytime

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

Chest rehab and Delts

Low volume, Light. Beginning of Week 2 of growth phase.

Started off with 2 recent records on the hammer strength incline press with this current style. Full range reps but not bottoming out. Ive done full range reps with 540x5 back in 2012 and then got much larger/stronger but never went back to that style of full range, so I am not sure what my peak strength was on the movement. I was using constant tension for a long time. Just staying in the mid range.

Ill eventually probably go back to constant tension as I cycle ranges of motion to switch shit up. I find many more benefits with that ROM, as I mentioned many times.

I should be making larger strength increases once Im mid way through the growth phase. For today I added 1 rep to each set. 360x21 and 450x9. This is a good indicator that despite some pain in my chest and tenderness the area is currently getting stronger again.

I may limit myself to 450 as my heaviest set. So I may be hitting 20 plus reps soon with that in this style. Im trying to exercise some restraint this time around. I was going up to 580.

I still have not cut down on my sets leading up to 450. Meaning I hit failure on 360 and 410. So I can still cut those back to warm ups only and hit more reps. I like to make shit more difficult on the muscle though. Id rather break records when Im more pre exhausted. Ill change shit up as needed though to keep PRs steady.

I am not doing any extra reps with rest pause currently, for the incline hammer strength press or chest in general. I feel that puts too much strain on the damaged areas. The closest thing I do now is finish off with dropsets. Staying at the same weight and rest pausing doesnt feel right for now. Especially if I did it with 450 while trying to heal. Cant say if it will ever heal but I have been re strengthening the area successfully so far. I had 3 pops in the area within a year or so time frame. No discoloration but had to start light again each time it happened. I would get my strength back or break new records then pop the shit again. So I am trying to limit how far I push it for now.

Shoulder pressing was weak as fuck. Maybe cuz I hit shoulder pressing twice last week. Ill have a dedicated shoulder day again this week most likely, and see if that helps. My joints just fatigued super quickly, felt like they might be hyper extending slightly. I can fix that by going back to constant tension as well. I will eventually.

The cable flies seated with arms straight really tore up the chest good as a finisher. Felt massive chest pump. I also had 3 packets instant oatmeal with scoop of protein powder pre training again and provided good energy.

228 lbs after meal (weight slowly climbing with cleaner approach)

Flat Barbell Bench Press (Warm up and stretching only)

Bar x 200 plus barbell stretches to each side

Hammer Strength Incline Press (Full reps without bottoming out)

No rest til line (Warm ups only. Mix of full and 3/4 reps)

90x30-50
180x20
270x10
------

360x21 (Recent PR only, see video)
410x15

No rest til line (Mostly full reps. See video)

450x9 (Recent PR only)
360x5
270x6
180x10
-------

Nautilus Horizontal Chest Press (plate loaded again)

No rest til line (Full reps with holds, Barbell style grip on all)

180x20
270x5
----

no rest til line

320x7
270x5
180x10
-------

Strict Nautilus Overhead Press (plate loaded, back more against the support, seat set at line below 9, Full reps)

No rest til line

180x20
270x5-10
360x5
----------Warm ups only

450x7 (fatigued very quick today. Shoulders felt over extended at lockout)
450x7 (Sitting farther up on seat, less strict. Same issue)

Dumbbell Laterals (trap focused version)

50x30
50x40 (brief rest pauses)

Decided to save these for my shoulder dedicated day. Was tore up.

Reverse Machine Fly (Long holds)

no rest til line

135x20
220x10
-------

No rest til line

295x10
225x10
190x10
165x10
145x10
-----------

Free Motion Seated Cable Fly

(Long holds with arms kept straight at peak contraction)

No rest til line

20x15
70x10
90x10
-----

no rest til line

110x8-10
90x5
-------

No rest til line

110x??
90x??
80x??
70x??
-----

This was all about contraction and trying to cramp up my chest without tearing it. So I wasnt focused on counting here.

Videos below

KILL THAT SHIT

Last edited:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0YaN1cDIw"]Hammer Strength Incline Press 360x21 Full reps without bottoming out, Chest rehab - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soD_rdENPqo"]Hammer Strength Incline Press 410x15 Full reps without bottoming out, Chest rehab - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSM4wyX3FA"]Hammer Strength Incline Press Dropset 450x9 and down Full reps without bottoming out, Finisher - YouTube[/ame]

Todays intake

cereal with milk for first meal, (20)

Big100 met rx bar for second meal, (52)3 small tv dinners for third meal,

(100)(20 oz choc milk)(130)

big100 met rx bar for fourth meal,(161)(coconut pieces)

3 hamburger patties for fifth meal,(236)

12 oz shrimp for sixth meal,(315)

315 grams protein

Have also been taking a gram of vitamin c, bromelain, GEAR caps (amino acids) and Joint RX, Krill oil caps and some probiotics. Basically some left over supplements that might be useful during a growth phase.

KILL THAT SHIT

SMALL SIZE UPDATE. CHEST/BACK FLEXED COLD MEASUREMENT STILL AROUND 55, LARGEST ARM 19 1/4 COLD AND LEGS AT 27 1/2. LEG TRAINING STARTED AGAIN IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS AND WAS VERY SHITTY TRAINING, DUE TO KNEE. THEY SHOULD STILL FILL BACK OUT TO 28-29 AT THE VERY LEAST DURING THE GROWTH PHASE. DIFFICULT TO PREDICT IF THERE WILLBE ANY NEW GROWTH THERE WITH MY KNEES COMPRIMISED. MAINLY LEFT KNEE.

TODAY WILL PROBABLY BE BACK TRAINING AND SHOULD HAVE SOME VIDEO.

KILL THAT SHIT

About to hit back and delts. Routine is going well so far. Eating part atleast. All I really need is one good fucking excuse to end this regimen but Im going to try and keep myself fired up for the full 70 days. I started this growth phase without a real fire, but Im working to increase and feed it daily. There are much larger things on my mind and being a little bigger and stronger doesnt carry much weight with me anymore. It does drive me, but its not like it was.

Obviously the conflict internally rages on or I wouldnt even be doing this shit. Things can be much worse so I have no reason to bitch. Mental perspective is everything in how we percieve things. You can have horrible outward circumstances and be the happiest person or be wealthy and miserable. Its how you percieve your situation. Common knowledge, but I bring it up to encourage those that struggle with inner demons not to beat the shit out of yourself about it.

When you are at war with yourself you struggle to even do basic and simple things. Thats always been the case with me, so doing a routine like this and force feeding all day is further undesirable and uncomfortable. Never compare to other people because they may not be battling the level of internal warfare that you are, or in the same circumstance. Without motivation everything is insanely difficult. Just focus on what you can do and getting through the day. Dont compete with anyone. This is just my advice.

For back, Ill start with chin ups most likely. Ill aim for 34 and see what takes place. That would be a record for being above 220 lbs. I should be around the 230 mark now, at some point during the day.

Aside from that, maybe strict lat pulldowns again. Im considering bringing back low cable rows but have to be somewhat tactical as that falls into the list of harsher movements for my spine and joints. My goal is to last 70 days of this routine. Not that I really hold back during my sets, but I try to avoid going extra heavy and high volume now, or abusing beyond failure techniques for certain movements.

Progress is going well and eating is in a good range. Thats been a struggle as I hate to eat but ive been keeping protein in the upper 200s. Averaged 270 last week and my average for the last two days is over 300.

Im keeping an average now because I need to do that to push my eating further and keep getting new results. Maintenance has been relatively easy but pushing beyond to make decent growth in 10 weeks, takes consistant work.

For the delt portion, its very optional. This means I can focus on my chest and back on those target days. I added in a delt only day for that reason. Plus 5 days of training burns more calories and gets me to take my supplements for 5 days rather than 4. My intraworkout drink of creatine,bcaa,carbs. Also stay more hydrated since I use alot of water with that. So its good to have a 5th day now.

Ill hit my delt focused day either tommorrow or the next day most likely.

KILL THAT SHIT !!

Attempted Back

Left side only training

Some muscle behind my rear delt in back locked up bad. No discoloration but became painful during the initial reps of bodyweight chin ups. Then caused pain whenever I tried to put any weight on the side for rows.

This may possibly end the growth phase since I am only in my second week of the phase. If training is too compromised by this issue then I may take a break from all training and eating for several weeks or longer.

I may try to train again on friday with my shoulder routine. If thats not an issue then maybe Ill continue and modify my other routines. It may be a bad cramp. Similiar feeling that I get with my chest when its tender and popped a few times. Muscles are always very strained in general.

Weight has been coming up with the cleaner diet.

230 lbs after first meal

Chin ups (palms facing, close grip)

165 lbs assistance x 20 warm
120 lbs assistance x 10 warm
Bodyweight x 5 (Something strained below right rear delt in back, ended it)

One Arm Lat Pulldown (single handle)

Left side training only for rest of routine

70x20
100x10
100x10

Iso Low Row Hammer Strength

no rest til line

(brief rest pauses)

90x30
115x20
140x10-20
----

140x10
140x10
140x10
140x10

Not sure exact set number. Alot of holds mixed in.

Freemotion cable row (one arm again)

no rest til line

??x20
70x5
-----

No rest again

200x5
150x10
130x10
110x10
90x10
----

no rest again

150x10
130x10
110x10
90x10
80x10
----

Worthless training, but itll see how the shit feels in the next days. I have done one side pressing and rowing , curling, etc, but it just causes more issues in the end. Twists the spine in a bad way.

KILL THAT SHIT

TASTE THE FUCKIN RAINBOW !!

Strain is still present. I may give myself a few weeks or months to reset mentally and physically. A very normal part of the process for me these days. Thats how I continue to come back stronger and larger, even though its a slower more tactical process these days.

Its a process of downsizing , investing time to get back, maintaining and then starting growth phases when things are in place.

Both sides actually feel strained somewhat. Nothing major but enough to be a big problem for the growth phase. The way I train requires a certain amount of durability in the muscle and tendons.

Possibly by early next year Ill try another growth phase. If I take a break then theres a period of a month or two to get back, then some maintenance before starting a growth phase, usually.

KILL THAT SHIT

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume