over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Walking Beast's Journal Of Mutilation

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aimdYylNWEg"]Strict Lat Pulldown Dropset 295,250,220,190,160,130 Light training, Leaning phase - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU9fOZVGOD0"]Hammer Strength Low Row 270 No rest alternating sides, Super light training, Finisher - YouTube[/ame]

The last 2 weeks or so since I added Strict Lat Pulldowns my back has been getting sore in very different places. Usually its very hard to get any part of my back sore, except the very outer lats.

Now I can feel the outer lats as well as the middle of my back sore in different places. Definately from that movement, since thats the only new movement I added recently. Its new in the sense that I started doing them as upright as possible. I figured a video would better illustrate the change.

As I get stronger with that form itll improve as well as the number of reps. This is only maybe the second week that Ive done them this way. Normally I have some hinging at the hips. I also have done them very strict with long holds, but I didnt adhere to staying upright. So that is more new for me. Its a simple change but often thats all it takes to get new stimulation.

I also dont need as much weight since its much harder. 295 feels much heavier in this style. While I am not at peak strength right now, Im sure I can still toss around the stack for a good amount of reps as usual. I should start getting much stronger as I adapt to that movement, and as I fill back out more. Maybe starting on the 21rst if I begin this growth phase. This has just been very base maintenance.

While it may seem like alot of work to the unitiated, to my journal, this was basically my version of taking a break from the whole routine. Eating maybe only a little more then what I feel like eating, often not even keeping up with that, and trianing only twice a week. Now 3 times since I added arms back in. So this is my version of a break. Rather than taking a full break, I went with this. Since I was eating enough to basically retain most of my muscle anyway, I figured why not train a few times a week so I can keep most of it. Otherwise the muscle just deflates over the months. Takes time to re inflate. Waste of time if not needed.

Dropsetting was also great to get in alot of volume with this style.

I will likely continue with these for a while now.

KILL THAT SHIT

Last edited:
About to hit arms. Its been a pain in the fucking ass and alot of luck involved, to get 300 lbs on the tricep stack without the machine jamming up. Otherwise Id aim for 300x31 plus on the curved bar pressdowns. Im good for that shit but its very rare the stack doesnt jam.

I should be good for a record with the newer tricep movement I added recently however. Tricep only flat dumbbell presses. Elbows tucked to sides, palms facing. I hit 100x31 last week. Ill aim for maybe 40 and see where my strength lands. Maybe mid 30s. My elbows were clicking bad last week. Hopefully thise subsides enough to not interrupt the set too much. That is the only thing that I can see slowing me down but Ill try to atleast bang out 32 for a PR.

If elbows feel decent enough Ill do some heavier sets. Maybe going up to 110s or 125s which are the max. Ill aim for records on those as well.

That is the benefit of adding newer movements. Increasing the fire with records. This is really whats beyond neccessary now since Im about 18 lbs lighter and this is a maintenance phase for me. Thats just how I train though. I dont use that as an excuse.

In about 3 days I may start a growth phase though. if so then my numbers will all shoot up drastically, strength wise, on a consistant basis. My bodyweight will atleast be in the mid 230s again as well. Im not pushing for sheer bodyweight anymore. So the size I gain will be mostly from a 300 gram protein minimum daily. Im still trying to stay leaner so Im not going all out on calorie consumption. Mostly protein with some extra carbs thrown in. Different type of gaining for me. Cleaner for now.

Biceps seem a little less torn up. Hard to say. Not too bad with back yesterday. I will keep that training very light and focused purely on contraction and pump. After the dumbbell tricep presses probably just blast the fuck out of them with cable pressdown dropsets.

KILL THAT SHIT

Arms

Light , Low volume, Maintenance , leaning phase

Hit 2 PRs with the tricep only dumbbell presses. Elbows werent clicking nearly as much. By next week it should be mostly gone. 100x33 and 110x22 were the two PRs. This is not bad as Im 224 and am breaking records I hit at 235 and heavier. Though this is a newer movement for me as well.

I feel these more than any other movement ive done for triceps in a long time. They also make a great pre exhaust prior to hitting the cable pressdowns.

I also hit a 5 minute dropset with curved bar pressdowns , v bar pressdowns and dumbbell curls.

I may start my growth phase today. The 21rst is only 3 days away and Ill see if my mind is in it by increasing my eating and adding in legs this week. Ill likely be training 4X a week now and aiming for a 300 protein minimum.

Biceps training was ultra light and low volume with a focus on quality of contractions. The 40 lb dumbbell curls on steep incline for 50 reps, with holds on each rep, was the main set. I tried to make the most out of my limitations with biceps lately. They are torn up as fuck for months now.

Very light headed initially but grinded it out. Not too severe. I trained on a mostly empty stomach. The stimulants can hit cause more dizziness in that scenario. Some leftover light headedness from the issue I was having during my last attempted growth phase as well. Its mostly gone though.

I decided to end my tricep dumbbell presses at the 110s. The clicking is still not fully gone. I couldve repped them out but I just wanted to hit a few records on my two target sets, which I did, then blast the fuck out of them with cables for pump.

224 lbs after some milk , before meals

Tricep Only Flat Dumbell presses (Elbows tucked at sides, palms facing)

40x75 warm only
60x30 same
100x33 (PR. Strength will really shoot up once I am a few weeks into my growth phase. Still breaking records during a half assed maintenance phase though)

110x22 (PR. See video)

See videos for 100x33 and 110x22 sets

Curved Bar Pressdowns

KILOGRAMS FOR ALL PRESSDOWNS UNLESS NOTED

No rest til line (warm ups)

35x75
65x30
95x20
40x15 Strict Dumbbell Curls (palms facing, no twist, Holds)
------

No rest til line (See video. 5 + minute dropset)

300 lbs x 21 (not too much friction today, buy heavily pre exhausted)
255 lbs x 10
95x10 (210 lb stack, KILOS again)
80x10
65x20
57x20
65x5
57x20
50x5
Extra set in here somewhere ??
40x20 Strict Dumbbell Curls, Palms facing, No twist, Holds
-------

Was getting very light headed, winded, so that was the main challenge. The searing pain wasnt an issue. That should improve, but if not Ill grind through it

V bar pressdowns

KILOGRAMS STILL FOR THE PRESSDOWNS ONLY

95x15 (210 lb stack)
80x15
65x15
57x15
50x15
40x15 STRICT DB CURLS AGAIN
-----

One Arm Cable Pressdowns

KILOS

No rest til line (Except when switching arms)

20x10 (matched on both sides)
25x10 (same)
30x5 (same)
35x5 (same)
------

Steep Incline Dumbbell Curls With Holds

40x50 (Brief rest pauses only)

Did this to compensate for my biceps being massively compromised strength wise. Focused on lower volume for now, but high quality contractions. The area has been very tender and damaged for months

Alternating Dumbbell Curl with reverse curl negative

no rest til line

50x6
40x6

------

biceps weak as fuck and fatigue very quickly now, but good pump.

Steep Incline DB CURL again

25x30 (With holds again, brief rest pauses. Biceps were mostly useless by this point)

Videos below

KILL THAT SHIT

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ABRN8a_p8"]Tricep Only Dumbbell Press 100x33 Light training, leaning and maintenance phase - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u97opne4Ees"]Tricep Only Dumbbell Press 110x22 Leaning,Maintenance phase, Light training - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6aBVJOIBUo"]Curved Bar Pressdowns Dropset 300x21 and down, V bar pressdowns, 40x20 curl, No rest - YouTube[/ame]

Appreciate that shit brother !! (Nunchuk)

Shit should start to pick up rapidly in the next 10 weeks, since I will likely take this shit seriously again now. Been fucking around the last several weeks. I like to hit growth phases when my mind is right. Basically a sprint for 10 weeks. My mind has to be ready though. The routine fucking wears me out. I hate to eat and my mind has really been detached from training lately too. Much different mentality then when my life revolved around this shit. Stopped giving a fuck for the most part after 22 years.

STAY TUNED FOR THE SELF DESTRUCTION

KILLLLLLLLL
THAT
SHITTTTTT!!

Last edited:
Full legs minus calves

Beginning of clean growth phase. Extremely light, sending signal back to legs.

First leg session in several months.

The 10 week growth phase will officially begin on the 21rst, but ive already started the routine. Yesterday I ate 294 grams of protein. My aim will be a 300 gram protein minimum daily. So this falls in line with that. Some days will be more or less but on average.

This will be 2 to 4 times as much protein as Ive been eating during this maintenance phase. That is the main tweak that creates the completes the transition between a maintenance and growth phase, diet. My protein during this maintenance phase has only been 100-200 protein on average.

Thats all I needed to keep MOST of my muscle and stay in the mid 220s. Im leaner now though too, otherwise I would easily stay in the mid 230s like last time when I was carrying more fat.

Also I have not been training legs at all. Another factor that will add to my overall mass increase in the next 10 weeks.

Ill also be adding more volume and intensity in certain areas. Those are the main tweaks. I was initially training twice a week only for maintenance. I recently added in a third day to hit arms. Now itll be 4 days to hit legs. Thats more than enough for me the way I train, and now with eating coming into place.

Calories are not the focus now. Protein is the only number Ill be aiming for, and calories will basically fall where they end up. The diet is much cleaner now and mainly protein focused. Theres carbs but not the force feeding of extra carbs and calorie dense foods I used to eat to gain overall body mass.

Overall goal of the clean growth phase is to gain new muscle while getting leaner or keeping waist around the same size. If my muscle fills out to peak size and waist stays the same, then Im still adding muscle and getting leaner. It changes the ratio of fat to muscle (bodyfat percentage). Its a different type of progress than Im used to , but can still grow while staying leaner. Thats my main aim during this phase.

If I dont completely lose interest again, during this phase, or get injured majorly, then large strength increases should be a weekly occurence.

During the maintenance phase its half assed for me, however its really maybe 75 percent of what needs to be done for a growth phase. Adding that extra 25 percent of effort is enough to shift things enough to transition towards new muscle growth.

Training is never half assed intensity wise. I do reduce volume and frequency in areas, but the diet portion I dont put any real effort into during maintenance lately. It gives my mind a break from the routine. I wont go to the gym to train half assed. Ill just stop training for several weeks or months.

Went for depth today on leg presses. I will be minimising volume with leg work. That way my knees can last the full growth phase. As a result Ive been increasing quality of my sets specifically on the leg press. Pausing at the bottom with maximum depth basically.

Same type of shit Im doing for biceps and chest since theyve been damaged lately.Ill aim for a 300 minimum of protein for maybe the first 5 weeks of the growth phase. For the second phase I may up it to 350, but ill see how digestion holds up. I usually stagnate size wise about mid way through these phases. Protein is the only thing I can really raise without jacking up calories too high and adding more fat.

Training legs also serves as a way to burn more calories, since ill be consuming more overall. Also will increase my overall muscle during this phase.

228 lbs after previous nights meals

Nautilus Nitro Leg Extention

No rest til line (Brief rest pauses only)

?? x100 (maybe 90 lbs, warm up)
140x100
110x100

--------

Left knee clicking the entire time with some pain. Right knee took the brunt of the tension. This was the first leg session in months I believe, so I was just seeing what I could do to pump some blood in the area. Knees should adapt if I keep the volume low and steadily increase some of the resistance and reps on everything.

Seated Leg Curl (hamstrings tight as always but not too bad for first time back)

no rest til line

95x25
110x10 warm ups
-------

150x10

No rest til line

170x8
130x10
110x10
------

Cybex Squat Press (Maximum depth with brief pauses at the bottom)

400x50 warm
500x40
600x35

Hip Abductor

no res til line

50x50
130x30
150x10
170x5
------

no rest again

170x10
120x20
110x20
------- May be a little off with the records here, wasnt that focused on remembering this

Hip Adductor

No rest til line

90x30
130x20
190x5
------

again no rest

205x10-20 (Probably 10)
165x10
145x10
125x10-20
------

KILL THAT SHIT

Appreciate that shit LedShotter !!

I think it will be a good change for a while. It should stimulate some dormant muscle in my back. Lat pulldowns, done more upright. Back still has some dull soreness in the mid areas which is very rare for me. Its an ultra stubborn area when it comes to soreness.

Ive been focused much more on getting actual results, size wise these days. In the past it was like I was overtaken by that desire to destroy weights ballisticly, explosively and at any cost to hit numbers. Not nearly as conductive to size gain. The vent was always the primary reason for my training but now Ive started to make some refinements and use the PR attempts more tactically.

I find it good to switch styles, ranges of motion and movements to hit PRs in different areas. For both feeding the fire and stimulating the body differently. Also giving joints a break. Lockouts can be real harsh done with very high volume and reps to failure, with heavy weights for prolonged periods. Im cycling in some full range pressing now to switch things up but constant tension is always something to fall back on when joints need a break again.

I also like the mix of constant tension with full range Im doing now on the hammer strength incline. Im locking out but Im stopping just short of hitting the machine stopper at the bottom. This gives the muscle no real rest or ability to reset at the bottom while still getting the full range. It also avoids that hyper stretch at the bottom that can cause my chest to pop again. Its also much harder and stricter as there is no BANG off those bottom stoppers and Im not getting the full strength I would get from the spring effect of lowering the weight all the way down. Controlling the weight takes much more muscle control and I feel a real good stimulation with those.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

Last edited:
Yea, form and ROM is #1 imo unless you have injuries or other issues like lack of mobility.

Its cool to read your log, keep doing your thing man ;)

Will be interesting to see how you evolve with a more planned goal and routine

Whats your diet and supps like?

Last edited:
Yea, form and ROM is #1 imo unless you have injuries or other issues like lack of mobility.

Its cool to read your log, keep doing your thing man ;)

Will be interesting to see how you evolve with a more planned goal and routine

Whats your diet and supps like?

Appreciate the feedback brother !! Post anytime .

Injuries definately can change ROM. Its a mix for me. I have alot of strains and other various issues. Six ruptured discs, carpal tunnel in both hands (permanent numbness for the last 7 years or so in both hands), hiatal hernia, bone spurs in elbows, etc.

Never had any full muscle tears. A few pops but never any discoloration. With my chest I really have to avoid that bottom stretch now.

I found I was getting great results with constant tension style for all my pressing movements. Even just staying in that mid range the whole time. My joints lasted way longer before needing any type of break. I didnt even need to take any breaks for elbows since I started doing those primarily in that range. That and pumping all the blood into the area with giving the muscle any type of rest.

Im just mixing in full range for now to switch things up. For back I generally do full range, aside from letting my elbows lock on the extention. Minimising elbow lock has really been beneficial for me. I train triceps on thier own day with biceps so I dont really need any extra tricep stimulation. They get hit either way though, just more with lockouts.

Im definately more tactical now. Injuries forced me to adapt and really change what I was doing over time. To keep shit rollin. I took myself out for 2 years from training at the end of 2004. Those were the first two disc ruptures. All of them were done through training. I was always about anihilation and venting my demons and not about the actual result. I had a very strong obsession with getting larger and stronger but I was too wreckless to do either optimally.

I managed to rupture 4 more,(maybe even more now) since Ive been back. Those didnt stop me for whatever reason. The first two were up high between my shoulder blades. Creating a pinch whenever I contracted my blades back. The pinch then radiated pain all over. Eventually that dissipated with time. I had to completely lose my size and stop for 2 years.

By 2009 I was back to my old wreckless ways. I was much stronger then previously but I no longer deadlifted. That was the main change. I would say at around 2011 or 2012 is when I started getting more tactical. Incorporating holds with rows, to use less weight, pre exhaustion, dropsets, super sets, little to no rest between sets, rest pause, etc. I was training way heavier, much more explosive and wild, loose, until that point. What Im doing now is often much lighter but much more controlled most of the time.

I started fucking more with different ROMs too. Thats why alot of my training looks very odd sometimes. Its extremely specific and refined to my specific situation. I also experiment and mix up ROMs to keep PRs fresh. Ill max out a ROM and hit as many records as I can, then often switch for a while , break records with that ROM, then maybe switch back and be way stronger. I often do these kinds of cycles with ROM. Im constantly manipulating my routine around the idea of progressive resistance as well. I dont try for records on nearly every set anymore. Now its just on certain lifts. I will change my warm up sets and reps sometimes to aim for specific numbers, as well as switch ROMs or even movements when Im stagnant in breaking records. I wont keep doing a main movement when Im no longer breaking records. As soon as it slows down or stops I switch. That allows me to sometimes break records every week for sometimes a year or longer consistantly. Thats something that I really have a feel for and usually know what numbers I will hit on a specific day. My range estimate is very close , often exact.

Im sure I dont need to keep getting stronger to get bigger after 22 years of this shit, but thats one of the main aspects that drives me with training. I get bored and pissed off whenever I feel complacent. Strength records are great because they are much more tangible than size increases. Size increases take very long to see. Strength gains feed the fire for me.

Im always glad to elaborate on where my mind is at, in regards to my training.

My diet is probably going to be 300 grams of protein minimum. This was a day or so ago:

(20 oz skim milk)(30)Metx protein bar for first meal,(61)(20 oz skim milk)(91)big100 met rx bar for second meal,(122)2 small tv dinners for third meal, (154)12 oz shrimp, bag of rice for fourth meal, (244)(4 string
cheeses)(264)(20 oz skim milk)(294 grams protein)

Very simple diet. Some days will be more whole food. Alot of protein bars lately. I dont adhere to a number of meals or any similiar structure. Its based around my fucked up digestion. I just aim for 300 protein now and get it in however I can.

Ill definately post up some of my eating days to give an idea. I try to do that now during growth phases. Today is the official start of the growth phase for me.

I made most of my gains on protein in the 200 gram range with much higher calories. However I want to take a cleaner approach now, so I figured Id jack up the protein and not binge on carbs and extra cals. Most of my intake will be during my meals and milk. Not any massive inbetween meal binge feedings. The meal structure never really worked for me. I even eat meals back to back sometimes with no break. Eating large meals also works much better for my digestion. Ive always adapted and found my own ways to go about shit. The surge of information with the internet is great though. I like to amass information from many sources and use that to inspire my own methods. Mix certain things into my existing routine. Thats why I think this journal can be useful to anyone, even though most do things very differently. There is always some useful pieces to take from something.

My supplement regimen is very simple too. I stay on HRT year round. That keeps my hormone levels in a good range always. Especially at 36. 200 mg testosterone cypionate weekly. I only go off sometimes when Im not training at all, for months. I definately take breaks as youll see. Thats a huge part of how ive been able to keep shit going. The way I train is not sustainable without breaks anymore. When I train I fucking train so there is no option for me to lessen intensity. If I go lighter its going to be for a shitload of reps, with dropsets and other intensity techs. Never low intensity. Ill just take breaks as I feel. I come back much stronger that way.

Aside from HRT I take a pre workout drink. Mr. Hyde Ive been using. I take 3/4 scoop. So 300 mg caffiene, which is my sweet spot. Anymore and I get dizzy. Caffiene hardly does shit for me but it gets me in the gym atleast. The rest is mainly mental. I use it only for its stimulant content. Most of these pre workouts are completely worthless for any other use. Only trace amounts of creatine and beta alanine.

During training I fill a 32 oz powerade bottle with water. I mix 5 grams creatine, 2-5 grams beta alanine(I get some from my pre workout), 1 scoop karbolyn, 2 scoops pro bcaa aminos. I cant see if the aminos and karbolyn help but it gets me to drink 64-96 oz of water, so thats probably useful. I fill the container several times to dillute it all during training. Otherwise I do not drink water at all. I do drink 1/2 gallon of milk often though, around that, so I get alot of water from that.

I only take that intratraining drink during training. So I dont get in any supplements on my 3 off days. They interfere with my digestion and cause bad acid, so Id rather focus on my eating.

Rarely anything else gets added to that. Most supplements are bullshit to me. Creatine and beta alanine I believe work. I cant really confirm anything else, aside from stimulants. Ill throw the aminos and carb powder in anyway because maybe it will give an edge. Hard to measure though. It gets me to drink water during training, so thats something.

Ill start on these GEAR pills again too probably. Amino acid tablets. The idea is that they make incomplete protein sources complete when taken with meals. Ive gotten good results while using them, so it cant hurt to add back in.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

About to hit some chest and delts. Official start of my growth phase today. Ill repeat some of the details later in my actual training entry. I have a few targets in mind today. Im looking to hit 360x21 plus, 410x14 plus, 450x8 plus as possibilities for the hammer strength inclines. Same form as the last weeks. Not bottoming out but locking out or very close to it.

Soon I can bring back some of the harsher movements. I was saving my shoulders for a growth phase. So I did easier movements on my joints for shoulder presses. Maybe Ill bring back dumbbell shoulder presses soon. Maybe even smith machine militaries. Iso lateral hammer strength shoulder press is also pretty harsh on shoulder joints. Maybe Ill bring those back soon too. I havent decided what my main shoulder movement will be, but things will start to be amped up again in all areas. Without completely anihilating myself of course. I want to last the 10 weeks of the phase this time.

I realise alot of my writing is very redundant but there is a few reasons behind it. Its much quicker for me to scan through my own journal and see what I was doing, where I was at when things are repeated. It also saves time for those scanning through the journal. Otherwise I would write my reasons behind a routine once and it would never appear again. I am very thorough and detailed like that and the repetition makes it much easier for me to see whats going on at a glance. I dont want to have to read all my entries to try and discern certain things.

Its first and foremost my personal journal. Copied and pasted from my actual journal document. Its also much more organized and quicker for me to scan my workouts on the forums. The video is right with the workout routine. When I go through my files its alot more back and forth. Thats why I have multiple back ups online and physically. I consider it a positive when someone derives something useful from it though. I do it either way for those reasons. So feedback is never needed but I enjoy having genuine interactions with other driven lifters. Regardless of goals . Im never one to judge, but I do come down hard on those who make excuses. My thought process is that , if you dont want this shit than find something else you are passionate about. Dont waste your time and energy making excuses. Whenever I have a new obstacle, which is frequent, my only thought is how to navigate or blast through it. Im not thinking about what excuse I can come up with to quit. I believe many of us are much more capable than we might think. So its not neccesarily that Im degrading someone. Most likely I believe there is more potential there and if Im providing feedback its not to sugar coat shit. I believe we should all be constantly striving and adapting toward new solutions and even plan what we can in advance so that we are prepared for what comes our way.

I only say this because some people interpret my journal as a hateful type of thing where Im looking to dominate or degrade others. Its really the opposite. My position is just very strong against people who claim to want something but then have excuses and claim that its impossible, etc. I dont even want to get started on talking about where I came from , but I will when people start bringing that type of negativity in the journal. Otherwise I dont think anyone will have any problem with me during general discussions. Im not exactly how I appear with some of what I write. It gets taken out of context. Those who interact with me may be surprised that Im humble.

Im a lurker myself when it comes to absorbing information, so I understand completely. I encourage anyone who has hesitation and some desire to interact with me, to do so and see what happens. Rather than assume. Im interested to know your goals as well and to discuss different tactics that we can all use toward our goals. I dont need a reason to post my thoughts in here, and I dont expect anyone to post things in accordance with a certain timing. Im against all that social bullshit. If something is on your mind and you think it might be beneficial to discuss here, I encourage you all to do so.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

Last edited:
Chest ,Delts, Rear Delts (overhead pressing , seated laterals, trap focused laterals)

First day of clean growth phase. Light and low volume

This is the first day of the growth phase. Main changes will be aiming for 300 grams protein minimum daily, leg day added in, and some more overall volume in certain areas. Also more record attempts most likely, as well as hitting some harsher movements for shoulders. Harsher on the joints. Not sure about that part yet though because my spine is real compressed lately. Alot of lingering pain from that vertical force. Ill see what I can get away with. The hammer strength iso lateral press put some bad pressure on the area, so I didnt push it.

Main focus is just going to be clean growth. Mostly protein and not massive calories this time around. Alot more contraction focused work for size. Strength attempts will only be done on main movements. Usually the first movement of a specific bodypart. Not with all muscle groups though. Record attempts wont really be light but relative to what I could be doing for lower reps. Ill try to avoid low rep record attempts as they are very damaging at this stage, with the amount of weight I need to hit failure in a low rep range.

Strength has been slightly plateud on the hammer strength inclines the last 2 weeks. The 410 set has gone up though the last 2 weeks. It should start moving up again soon though. Since Ill be eating for size again. I was hitting current records while just eating for maintenance and below.

Im still not back where I was at, repping 6 plates a side (540) but Im not too concerned about that now. My chest is still compromised from the 3 pops. The tenderness seems to be gradually reducing though. The area is feeling more re inforced and alot stronger and more durable. Still I probably should just work on repping 450 for high reps for a while and not push beyond that. Even that is risky. My main concern is when I start the first rep on a chest press. Once I get beyond that the weight feels much lighter. Initially Im paranoid the shit is going to pop at the bottom, as it already has 3 times. No discoloration yet, but still have to be careful. Id like to avoid that for a while again.

I finished off chest with cable flies but keeping arms straight instead of bending the elbows. Much better contraction in my chest this way. The cable flies were good since they didnt fuck with the area. The other fly machines were causing me issues. Got a great pump from these as a finisher. Will likely keep them in now.

I still cant push my shoulder pressing too heavy because of this spinal compression. I already have atleast 6 ruptured discs so I have to watch out for that shit.

Ill gradually increase what I can though witout taking myself out. I always have to manage that balance of pushing as far as I can but stopping before something breaks.

226 lbs after meal, Fasted yesterday for bloodwork

Chest Rehab

Hammer Strength Incline Press (plate loaded) (Full reps but not bottomed out, just short of hitting bottom stoppers)

No rest til line (Just warm ups. Mix of full and partial reps)

90x60
180x20
270x10
------

360x20 (See video. This should move up soon now that Im eating for growth)

410x15 (Recent PR for this style. Ive done 540x5 with full range reps hitting stoppers, but havent really done full reps in a long time. Gained alot of upper torso mass since then, so its hard to say where my strength would be if healed. Was hitting 560x20 constant tension style. See video)

No rest til line (see video)

450x8
360x6
270x8
180x10
-----

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press (plate loaded) (Full reps with holds, Not usually bottoming out)

No rest til line

180x25
270x4

-------

No rest again

270x8
180x10
------

180x35 (Brief rest pauses only)

Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Shoulder Press (plate loaded)

Full reps (seat set to line below 10. These were compressing the fuck out of my spine. Didnt push it)

no rest til line (warm ups)

90x20
180x20
270x6
------

no rest til line (see vide0)

360x5
270x10
180x20
------

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press

65x25 (not to failure, but stopped early since was compressing spine. This was supposed to be a warm up for heavier weight. The seat here is also sloped downward making me slide off)

Dumbbell Laterals (trap focused version)

no rest til line

45x40
55x10
60x10
50x10
45x10
------

Again no rest

70x20
60x10
55x10
45x10
-----

Seated Strict Dumbbell Laterals

15x50 (With holds at top. Brief rest pauses only)

Seated Cable Flies (With arms straight at the full extention. Better chest contraction)

Holds and long holds, Squeezing hard at peak contraction

No rest til line

30x15
90x10

------

110x8
90x8
90x8
90x8

Was just aiming for pure pump and contraction. Was being careful not to overload the injury. Chest was swollen with blood in a good way.

Reverse Machine Flies

No rest til line (long holds on all of these)

130x15
210x10
------

No rest til line

300x5 (regular reps)
240x5 (Long holds for the rest)
210x10
180x10
160x10
130x10
------

Videos below

KILL THAT SHIT

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWtA0p2pWM"]Hammer Strength Incline Press 360x20 Full reps, Chest rehab - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdaVprYY7I"]Hammer Strength Incline Press 410x15 Full reps, Chest rehab - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4TfA74lFdc"]Hammer Strength Incline Press Dropset 450x8 and down Full reps, Chest rehab finisher - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8yaEyFjH2g"]Iso Lateral Hammer Strength Shoulder Press Dropset 360 and down, Light finisher, Full reps - YouTube[/ame]

Now that ive started a growth phase Ill post some sample days of my diet again. I dont find it too useful during a maintenance phase to post it here. Here was today's diet:

footlong bacon,egg,veggie sub for first meal, (56)

footlong bacon, egg, veggie sub for second meal,(112)

12 oz shrimp and bag of rice for third meal, (202)

2 scoops MTS whey sludge for fourth meal, (252)(4 string cheeses)

(272)Can of sardines for fifth meal,

289 grams protein

I was out of protein bars so that will make it much easier to hit when I get them again. I also didnt use milk today because acid was pretty bad. The MTS whey made into a sludge or pudding is easier to take down than a shake but still gives me acid.

I will use it sometimes to fill in gaps. Ill probably get some oats and try mixing it with oatmeal soon. May reduce the acid, or atleast Ill get some clean carbs with the meal.

The reason for the two footlong subs was because I fasted yesterday for bloodwork. I wanted to make up for missed calories and that was an easy and quick way to do it.

Most of my meals are protein heavy lately. Milk is usually constant throughout the entire day. Not today though. Everything is usually made at home , so its rare I get footlong subs or any take out food.

Ill try to keep in that 300 range though atleast for now.

KILL THAT SHIT

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner