over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

walmart sells insulin without prescription or insurance

You live in a cave...Walmart has been selling insulin otc for years now?! I don't even use it and I know that:banghead::rolleyes::p

Pricing can vary. I've gotten it a number of times around $45 where I live though it's the long (humulin) or longer acting insulin only that you can get. No Humalog short-acting or super long acting. Still have to have a script for those.

Yes, ask for Novolin.

Does just about everywhere sell insulin syringes without a script? I never tried to buy any, just wondering. I suppose they are behind the counter and you have to just ask for them?

Pricing can vary. I've gotten it a number of times around $45 where I live though it's the long (humulin) or longer acting insulin only that you can get. No Humalog short-acting or super long acting. Still have to have a script for those.

You definitely shouldn’t be paying $45. I work at a Walmart pharmacy and it’s $24.88 nation wide for novolin R or N.

As far as this thread goes, Walmart has been selling insulin OTC for $24.88 since the 90’s lol...definitely not new information.

These types are almost always otc in most states. (Quick tip if you IM makes it faster acting then sub-q)

Attachments

• 3FD030C4-1914-4538-B148-9DCDD075BFB1.jpg
    3FD030C4-1914-4538-B148-9DCDD075BFB1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 224
These types are almost always otc in most states. (Quick tip if you IM makes it faster acting then sub-q)

Yes, but the price of OTC insulin has gone up quite a bit depending on where you go, and what type you are requesting. Novolin is a cheap route to go...as per above at Wal-Mart.

Yes, but the price of OTC insulin has gone up quite a bit depending on where you go, and what type you are requesting. Novolin is a cheap route to go...as per above at Wal-Mart.

CVS was going to charge me $160... Walmart was $28

While its able to be OTC its at the pharmacists discretion. About 8 years ago there was never an issue. Over the last 3 years I have numerous friends who were denied insulin at walmart without a script or proof they are diabetic. This was in NJ, NY and CA.

While i disagree with this dont be suprised. Same goes for needles. Its not "must issue" its again at pharmacists discretion per walmart policy. I got into this with them years ago in NJ as I was part of the group which changed the syringe policy in NJ.

My suggestion. Dont go into there looking like a bodybuilder or some drug addict. Dress well, clean yourself up , speak well and calmly. Id suggest having a good reason such as your wifes mother from france is visiting and her bottle of insulin broke. Your wife said that last time when she forgot her insulin she was able to stop a pharmacy to get some and she wrote down the name. then pull out a piece of paper with humalin R on it. if they give you a hard time politely ask to speak to the pharmacist and again explain. if they refuse find another pharmacy.

Last edited:
My suggestion. Dont go into there looking like a bodybuilder or some drug addict. Dress well, clean yourself up , speak well and calmly. Id suggest having a good reason such as your wifes mother from france is visiting and her bottle of insulin broke. Your wife said that last time when she forgot her insulin she was able to stop a pharmacy to get some and she wrote down the name. then pull out a piece of paper with humalin R on it. if they give you a hard time politely ask to speak to the pharmacist and again explain. if they refuse find another pharmacy.

Good advice.

Saying it's for your dog also works well.

While its able to be OTC its at the pharmacists discretion. About 8 years ago there was never an issue. Over the last 3 years I have numerous friends who were denied insulin at walmart without a script or proof they are diabetic. This was in NJ, NY, TN and CA.

All good advice. Not sure I understood correctly what you meant in terms of requiring proof they are diabetic but some states do require that you have proof of ‘legitimate medical use.’ According to the law in my state that means you need one of a few things

You need to have an active script

Or you need to have a history of prescribed insulin (can be an expired script given the nature of diabetes if using OTC insulin. Some pharmacists may require it to be written for R or N although unlikely.)

Or be purchasing other diabetic supplies (ie if you’re buying a machine, strips, lancets. Interpretation may vary on strips/lancets.)

Or have a bottle of insulin with you...or you find someone like me at a pharmacy that will just not ask questions and sell them without proof.

So basically if you get a doc to write a script one time then that should cover you or just buy a vial of insulin one time and use it over and over. I’ve got some in the fridge that are a couple years old and still clear but you could always fill with water if it got cloudy tbh.

Technically it is up to the pharmacist as to whether or not they dispense any drug but if you check one of those boxes, in my state at least, then they need to have a good reason not to.

While its able to be OTC its at the pharmacists discretion. About 8 years ago there was never an issue. Over the last 3 years I have numerous friends who were denied insulin at walmart without a script or proof they are diabetic. This was in NJ, NY and CA.

While i disagree with this dont be suprised. Same goes for needles. Its not "must issue" its again at pharmacists discretion per walmart policy. I got into this with them years ago in NJ as I was part of the group which changed the syringe policy in NJ.

WOW I stated the exact same thing about 3 weeks ago and was literally harassed by 90 % of the thread that I was giving terrible advice and was so wrong to remove my post. I stated in my post that it was legal but they don’t just hand it over( maybe some do) but it really pissed off the slin guys. I was simply advising that it’s not as easy as the law states and that at the end of the day the pharmacist has the call over everyone weather they are willing to take the risk. It crazy how people can never see opinions of others, I live in an area that’s probably the worst place to even question a pharmacist as they think they are god’s and have big name companies to protect them especially when it’s playing it safe. Lol and to ask for a syringes that are supposed to be legal also hahaha.

Absolutely no problem getting it in Nevada without a script. That includes pins

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner