YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Want to get off Androgel, is it possible?

'thundr55'

Registered
So after an extended cycle (1-2) years, I took a year off, tried to recover on my own and made some progress, but unsatisfactory overall. My doc sent me to an endo and I got a script (after labs of course) for 50mcg synthroid and 2-3 pumps of androgel per day. It's been 2 years since starting the treatment protocol.

Now I feel great, 3 weeks ago I started a new diet and 4 ius of riptropin/day and I look better than I have in years. (I actually look the way I did when I was on). My thoughts is because I'm using so little androgel and there are better recovery methods available (triptorelin). Can I stop the androgel without being shit all over again? I don't feel it works very well, and even with it libido has barely improved (my main reason for starting it in the first place)

I know everyone is different, but even while on the androgel, my test levels are only like 300-400. I'm thinking(hoping) I can actually recover again and make at least that on my own.

Looking forward to hearing your input and thoughts, thanks in advance!

I'm 31, 195 lbs ~9%

Personally, I don't think you'll be able to come off some form of TRT. I'm not a doctor, so it certainly is worth a try. Sounds like you'll need some hardcore PCT to jump start things and your numbers will still probably be on the low end. I'm in the same boat and have been since I was roughly your age. If you want more higher and more stable blood levels why not take control of your TRT and lose the gel.

Yeah I hear ya. My goal is to just come off completely bc I think I still have a chance. I really don't want to be on anything for the rest of my life (except GH!).

But you're right Dog, that's my plan B. I want to get some input/theory on a coming off strategy and if that doesn't work in about a year, I will go back on and I'll administer IM shots myself if I can't find an endo to prescribe them. Done too much research with case reports showing people have starkly different experiences when they switch from gel to inj. So I know that's the move, I just don't want to resign to that just yet...if at all possible.

Triptorelin seems so promising, and I have a vial from Ergo that's been in my fridge for 3 months now. All I ever did before was some clo/nolva/hcg/mast, different blends, different times, sensibly of course. Perhaps I didn't give it enough time.

Personally, I don't think you'll be able to come off some form of TRT. I'm not a doctor, so it certainly is worth a try. Sounds like you'll need some hardcore PCT to jump start things and your numbers will still probably be on the low end. I'm in the same boat and have been since I was roughly your age. If you want more higher and more stable blood levels why not take control of your TRT and lose the gel.

So after an extended cycle (1-2) years, I took a year off, tried to recover on my own and made some progress, but unsatisfactory overall. My doc sent me to an endo and I got a script (after labs of course) for 50mcg synthroid and 2-3 pumps of androgel per day. It's been 2 years since starting the treatment protocol.

Now I feel great, 3 weeks ago I started a new diet and 4 ius of riptropin/day and I look better than I have in years. (I actually look the way I did when I was on). My thoughts is because I'm using so little androgel and there are better recovery methods available (triptorelin). Can I stop the androgel without being shit all over again? I don't feel it works very well, and even with it libido has barely improved (my main reason for starting it in the first place)

I know everyone is different, but even while on the androgel, my test levels are only like 300-400. I'm thinking(hoping) I can actually recover again and make at least that on my own.

Looking forward to hearing your input and thoughts, thanks in advance!

I'm 31, 195 lbs ~9%

you could ask your doc to put u on clomid for a few months. and than stop and c if your body will maintain the test levels. In my own experience i was not able to restart my own test production. Two weeks after quiting clomid my test level went from 490 to 240. so i am back on clomid soon i will probably go to test cyp injection cause even though i am on clomid and test levels are in the 500 range i still have no energy or whatsoever.
good luck to you.

Sorry guys, fell off the planet for a couple days.

Tony: Clomid alone, why no hcg or anything else? My doc is a dinosaur and wants no part in experimenting with me to restore HPTA, I doubt he would bite for anything, even as simple as a clomid only run. How long were you on prior to making your attempt?

Nike: I feel great now, but honestly I think it's bc of the diet/gh I've been running for the last 3 weeks. Prior to that I was just status quo, and status quo is nothing special, and I feel I should be able to achieve nothing special on my on test production. Plus Id really love to not have to use this stuff for the rest of my life. it sux. maybe I just didn't dig deep enough with this doc. some test function restored but libido is still wayyyy lacking for what I consider normal and healthy. That's what I really want to get back.

Thanks for input guys.

you could ask your doc to put u on clomid for a few months. and than stop and c if your body will maintain the test levels. In my own experience i was not able to restart my own test production. Two weeks after quiting clomid my test level went from 490 to 240. so i am back on clomid soon i will probably go to test cyp injection cause even though i am on clomid and test levels are in the 500 range i still have no energy or whatsoever.
good luck to you.

I had same problem. Some of it was absorbtion issues w me. But if u want off, clomid +daa and your test should be very good if you were decent before. And for me daa made me horny as hell, as well as a few clients, and will also help w test production. Maca is another Huge natty supp that Will make you horny, just gotta find your dosage. Twin labs used to pair it w something and was a great combo. PM me if u have any other questions, I like to help.

And shit, sry guys, didn't mean to bump such an old thread. Didn't notice til after, sry

Last edited:
Id try one of Dr. Michael Scally protocols

such as

Days 1-16 HCG 2500Iu EOD
Days 1-30 Clomid 100mg ED
Days 1-45 nolva 20mg ED

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A