over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Want to loose ten pounds of stomach fat gain 20 pounds of muscle

JWUkeith

Newbies
hi. I amcurrently 162 pounds, with less muscle than I want. i have started working out but want to see what people suggest. Please help me

post your stats..

height(we know youre 162, but if youre 162 at 5'5, or 162 at 6', it makes a difference, lol)

bodyfat% if you know

what your routine is like

what your diet is like/supplements?

then we will be more able to help you. :)

I am about 5 foot 9 inches, and I'm 18

I have no idea what my body percentage in fat is, but it's probably less than the average person but not by much.

I weightlift for an hour a day, do schooling when I'm not doing that. But I should have more free time since I'm graduating soon.

I eat the food that the school provides. so it's hard to know what the nutritioal values are, but probably not great. However, I do not eat or drink sweets such as ice cream, soda, or cookies. I'll be able to eat better once I leave school, so if you have any idea how my ideal diet should be please help me. i take no supplements.

Last edited:
I am about 1 foot 9 inches, and I'm 18

I have no idea what my body percentage in fat is, but it's probably less than the average person but not by much.

I weightlift for an hour a day, do schooling when I'm not doing that. But I should have more free time since I'm graduating soon.

I eat the food that the school provides. so it's hard to know what the nutritioal values are, but probably not great. However, I do not eat or drink sweets such as ice cream, soda, or cookies. I'll be able to eat better once I leave school, so if you have any idea how my ideal diet should be please help me. i take no supplements.

Ntabolic already suggested what you must do, in order for us to help. Full routine, complete diet during day, everything!! Tell us your true height and weight. If possible throw up a picture.

This is basically what I look like right now.

Attachments

• DSCN1888.jpg
    DSCN1888.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 452
  • DSCN1889.jpg
    DSCN1889.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCN1890.jpg
    DSCN1890.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 2,415
  • DSCN1891.jpg
    DSCN1891.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 1,065
  • DSCN1892.jpg
    DSCN1892.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 1,458
well, before we jump off the deep end its important that you understand that this takes time. You look to be just starting out, your changes aren't going to come overnight. I would say to start doing some research on a 5x5 routine to build some basics or get the book "starting strength" by riptoe (spelling?) Also do some basic reading on protein, carbs, and fats. you'll learn alot.

there is a thread by big a for beginners. its at the top of the page in the beginners forum. read that. it will give you a good basic knowledge of where to start. then read everything on the forum. the search function is your best friend. if you dont understand something you read then feel free to ask away.

1. Proper diet
2. Train hard
3. In a few years, cycle
You don't wanna hear that but AAS is not a quick fix. No such thing exists.

there is a thread by big a for beginners. its at the top of the page in the beginners forum. read that. it will give you a good basic knowledge of where to start. then read everything on the forum. the search function is your best friend. if you dont understand something you read then feel free to ask away.

Big A's growth principles for beginners is good, though there's no way you should be looking at gear yet, OP.

I would second the recommendation to do rippetoe's starting strength for a few months while dialing in your protein intake and calories.

Here's the variety of the program that I would use. If you do it right with high intensity, you won't need anything more to see dramatic gains.

Alternate workouts, workout on M-W-F

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift
2 sets chin-ups to failure

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Bent-over rows
2 sets dips to failure

Get a good routine and diet going, you'll get gains pretty quickly.

Worked for me.

all good recommendations above, but...

you need to choose your FIRST goal.. Do you want to put on muscle size? or do you want to lose fat? or do you want to get a tan?.. just throwing that out there LOL. :p

ANYWAY, point being, you cannot, in my opinion, put muscle size on (at a decent rate), while losing fat(again, at a decent rate). Choose which one you want first.

im interested in this post. if someone can chime in, and post what routine you would do for muscle size first, and then post what you would do for fat loss, after, that would be great. i have done alot of cardio, to lose fat around the abdomen, with a good diet, and i cant seem to lose anymore. i was going to start with big a's routine in the beginners post for muscle, cut. but like i said id like to see what other peoples opinions are. thanks

im interested in this post. if someone can chime in, and post what routine you would do for muscle size first, and then post what you would do for fat loss, after, that would be great. i have done alot of cardio, to lose fat around the abdomen, with a good diet, and i cant seem to lose anymore. i was going to start with big a's routine in the beginners post for muscle, cut. but like i said id like to see what other peoples opinions are. thanks

i dont change much between cutting/bulking routines. the only thing i do is add in cardio, and diet SLIGHTLY changes for cutting.
big a's routine in the growth principles sticky is a great start, and with a good diet, good amount of rest, you will grow like a weed, or.. lose fat.. like a weed... that doesnt really work. but you get the idea.

BUT LETS NOT HIJACK THE THREAD!
Although this could be relevant to the OP.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127