over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Want To Open A Franchise

andrwz27

Newbies
I am thinking about opening a franchise. I can't seem to decide on which kind to open. Here is a list of options I have thought about:
Gym
Subway
GNC
Convenience Store
Bestbuy

In your opinions, what is a safe choice? I know gyms are very risky. I'm thinking Bestbuy is proble too expensive to open or even possible to start one. I won't even consider a music/video store due to the internet these days and people downloading instead of buying. Also, is anyone aware of minimum requirements? like certain college courses or degrees? Thanks

Anything related to children or pets will be profitable.

People spend the money that they don't have on those.

i would open up a APPLE store...like ipods and computers....but only if there isnt one w.in like 25mins of another one

the only requirement in money and lots of it. do ur homework a franchise does not guarantee success only u can do that. i own 2 businesses not franchises and it takes a lot of time and hard work to become profitable i went almost 4 yrs. with no paychex, i had to work 2 jobs for seven yrs. probably shouldnt have waited that long but didnt want to pay for benifits 1200 per month thats a check i still hate to write good luck stay positive anything is possible

Adrwz27:

There are too many factors involved for me to give you a straight answer so I will delve into generalities.

Some of what you listed are not actually franchises to my knowledge (Best Buy).

There is a huge and I do mean huge difference in the amount of capital needed to start the various franchises you listed. How much cash you have? How much in liquid assets? How much net worth? Please don't answer, but understand these will also guide your choices.

Of the ones you listed, I think the Subway shop would be the safest play with the broadest appeal in an up or down economy. Getting a good location is key. Also do you plan to work in the franchise? If the answer is no, I don't think I would even buy one without prior industry experience.

Another advantage of Subway is an area can handle more Subways per traffic count and population than some of the other suggestions, giving you expansion opportunities.

+1

Adrwz27:

There are too many factors involved for me to give you a straight answer so I will delve into generalities.

Some of what you listed are not actually franchises to my knowledge (Best Buy).

There is a huge and I do mean huge difference in the amount of capital needed to start the various franchises you listed. How much cash you have? How much in liquid assets? How much net worth? Please don't answer, but understand these will also guide your choices.

Of the ones you listed, I think the Subway shop would be the safest play with the broadest appeal in an up or down economy. Getting a good location is key. Also do you plan to work in the franchise? If the answer is no, I don't think I would even buy one without prior industry experience.

Another advantage of Subway is an area can handle more Subways per traffic count and population than some of the other suggestions, giving you expansion opportunities.

I was going to sat the exact same things for the exact same reasons.

I wish chipotle franchised out! oh good if I could only have my own chipotle :eek:

Take the plunge where you feel most passionate about.

agree with Hills, do something that you are good at and love

DO WHAT YOU LOVE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear