over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wanted your opinions on the secret!

MrWannabe

Registered
Do you all know 'The Secret', It has become popular lately, I think it was first a book and then a DVD. I actually liked it, its kinda like a self help, motivational, spiritual guide that u can apply to all areas of your life whether that be making money or having more fulfilling relationships, etc. I really thought that what it had to say was spot on and I think its deeper aspects went a long way into solving some of our deepest questions. At whatever level you chose to apreciate it at I thought it was some real intersting shit...
If you haven't seen it yet, give it a look, I don't know many that would not take something positive away with them from seeing it...google, The Secret.
Anyway just wondered what you all think of it, good or bad.

Another rehash of 'Science of getting rich'

It's always been the basis of paganism and self realization. Even in BB'ing, Arnold always practiced this during training.

I just think it's sad that it took some dude giving it a business application and selling it to make it know when the knowledge had been there for centuries.

urgh

I'm very judgemental about these things. I think it is a pile of horse shit and the producer of The Secret ripped half the ideas from another nut case hippy child in Australia and will no doubt end up sued.

Simple maths - you want something to happen, you try and make it happen, there's a good chance it will happen. All this fuzzy crap about the laws of attraction and the universe bla bla - give me a break. If one more friend of mine tries to tie me to the couch to watch this DVD claiming "it will really change your life" or "ask the universe" I'm gonna hunt down that so-and-so who made this and... ;-)

In all honesty, it's a complete scam. Try and close your eyes now, wish REALLY hard for what you want, sit on your arse and do nothing and see what happens. According to The Secret, if it doesn't come true it's because you didn't REALL REALLY want it and you have to try harder. Cars, lovers, money, cures for cancer - The Secret has it all! Even cheques in the mail if you want them! It has cured people of AIDS, cancer and probably being ugly too!

Oh and those who are the victims of tragedy? Like murder victims or even child victims? They attracted the events by sending out negative vibes into the universe subconsciously. We're all responsible for our own outcomes through our own thoughts, apparently. I wonder what made poor Madeline get abducted by some sicko, then....

Yes, I find these self-help tools (what's self-help about asking someone else to fix your life?) a waste of space. There's no magic answer to life, except maybe coming up with a self-help scam and making millions ;-)

IronMike

Hey folks, thanx for the replies. Its funny that Big A you replied first as I have been following you and your posts a lot of late especially regarding business and I was wondering what your thoughts on this pertaining to business would be and you actually responded first. So far only negative replies, anyone brave enough to respond positively on this subject. I also understand what you fellas are saying who responded and probably agree with most things you say about the scret and yes the secret is definitely a great tool for those who made it to simply put get real rich. I do think though that if everyone wades through whatever they feel is the bullshit of this product and employs only the simple basic ideas about being positive and open to all around you this will open doors for good things to happen to you, accompany this with a pro active aproach and your on the road to good things.

Do you all know 'The Secret', It has become popular lately, I think it was first a book and then a DVD. I actually liked it, its kinda like a self help, motivational, spiritual guide that u can apply to all areas of your life whether that be making money or having more fulfilling relationships, etc. I really thought that what it had to say was spot on and I think its deeper aspects went a long way into solving some of our deepest questions. At whatever level you chose to apreciate it at I thought it was some real intersting shit...
If you haven't seen it yet, give it a look, I don't know many that would not take something positive away with them from seeing it...google, The Secret.
Anyway just wondered what you all think of it, good or bad.

Everyone keeps telling me about this DVD, have to see it. If anything it sounds like a good way to relax for the eveing.

Everyone keeps telling me about this DVD, have to see it. If anything it sounds like a good way to relax for the eveing.

BigBapper, i wouldn't give it the time of day. Unless you absolutely have nothing else to do. My wife had the book and dvd to give away as a gift. She watched the dvd and then said to herself "why did i just waist my time"?? She decided not to give the dvd away and just toss it in the closet since she opened it. But did wind up taking the book back. She said she would never give that away as a gift. ( draw your own conclusions bro)

BigBapper, i wouldn't give it the time of day. Unless you absolutely have nothing else to do. My wife had the book and dvd to give away as a gift. She watched the dvd and then said to herself "why did i just waist my time"?? She decided not to give the dvd away and just toss it in the closet since she opened it. But did wind up taking the book back. She said she would never give that away as a gift. ( draw your own conclusions bro)

Funny. After reading this thread today I went and got a copy BOOMSHAKER and have just loged on here before I watch it. So since I have it, I will watch it to see what all the fuss is about. The guy I got it off said it is life changing.

Will let everyone know what I think in the morning.......

there trying to make a buck this is old stuff stolen from others. seems like a commerical to me..

Funny. After reading this thread today I went and got a copy BOOMSHAKER and have just loged on here before I watch it. So since I have it, I will watch it to see what all the fuss is about. The guy I got it off said it is life changing.

I think that you'll find bro a lot of it is just common sense and the rest of it is just hog wash! Thats pretty much it. But yes, please come back and give us your piece of mind on the dvd.

life changing.. that is funny go back and ask him what it changed exactly...

go check out a book Dr Wayne Dyer the power of intention.. it is where these conns got there wisdom from...

this is the super guru wayne got his info from..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=57yTQ-5AAGo

here is Wayne Dyer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=37PL_zJMjPY

I think that you'll find bro a lot of it is just common sense and the rest of it is just hog wash! Thats pretty much it. But yes, please come back and give us your piece of mind on the dvd.

The DVD crashed half way trough(copy). However agreed with you from what I seen.

Warning

If there is one warning about cons and brainwashing scams/cults it is this - when someone recommends something to you and tells you it is "life changing", you know to avoid it like the plague. Until you start living a certain way, taking actions and have enough time to judge whether anything is life changing you really can't say, unless you have been conned. To watch a DVD, attend a conference, join a religion, and immediately say it is "life changing" should set alarm bells ringing.

But then, I AM very judgmental over this stuff. IronMike

If there is one warning about cons and brainwashing scams/cults it is this - when someone recommends something to you and tells you it is "life changing", you know to avoid it like the plague. Until you start living a certain way, taking actions and have enough time to judge whether anything is life changing you really can't say, unless you have been conned. To watch a DVD, attend a conference, join a religion, and immediately say it is "life changing" should set alarm bells ringing.

But then, I AM very judgmental over this stuff. IronMike

I would say you are right IronMike. I read allot of stuff like this and take out what I need then forget about the bullshit. My life changing friend is martial arts expert and yes is very sucked in by all this stuff and takes it all little serious. Now his instructor has spent over 100000USD flying all over the world watching Tony Robins seminars. Now I love Tony Robins, I have read his books and got his CDs take out what I need and leave the rest. Now my friend(who is totaly weried out now)who spent all the money on semiers is working as a gardner ??:confused:

I would probably have a more open minded opinion on the matter if it wasn't being shoved down my throat at work... There was even a presentation where I had to sit through the film, and there are posters plastered everywhere with sayings ripped from it. It's truly nauseating. There's only so much of this a guy can take... :rolleyes:

I would probably have a more open minded opinion on the matter if it wasn't being shoved down my throat at work... There was even a presentation where I had to sit through the film, and there are posters plastered everywhere with sayings ripped from it. It's truly nauseating. There's only so much of this a guy can take... :rolleyes:

What you have to do is visualise it going away. Send your energy out into the universe and make it all go away... :p

IronMike

my sis is sucked in by the secret, i feel sorry for her but she thinks its gold.
"just ask and the universe will give it to you", what a load of shit !
its amazing what some people will believe.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws