advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wanting to start up juice. 21 yrs old... Too young?

gfactor

Registered
Current 201 bulking.

?

Never had a cycle yet.

Source giving good deals this weekend.

Yes you are too young.
You can get plenty more growth outta your body.

This is gonna be another one of those mixed review threads, but I personally feel 21 is too young. You will hear on some other boards that the minimum age you should wait to juice is 21 but thats too vauge. Some say 21 is good b/c the endocrine system is pretty much done developing, but I don't necassarly belive this. Some kids who reach puberty early will be done developing faster, but some late bloomers may not be done till around 23 or so. Don't just judge this on facial hair,voice,etc... I would wait longer.
Then its also important to wait till you have hit your natual limit. This is also hard to tell, but lets say you started lifting at 16 and you 21 now, there is no way you have reached it yet. I suggest you should be in the game for at least 5years before touching AAS and thats "at least." This also means 5years of knowing what your doing. Not just 5years of the gym under your belt. You need to fine tune and figure out as much as possible while your natual, and you will get 10x better gains when you decide to juice than if you start too early. For some reason the guys that start too early seem to never develope the mature look as those who build a natural structure/frame first. They are usually the guys who can put on a lot of size but not quality. It almost looks as if the muscle is forced.

This question is addressed everywhere, multiple times (even on this lesser forums where most people on AAS are around 21 such as bb.com :D ).

I have a feeling those who post questions like this are going to juice anyway as they are just looking for one person to say its ok.

I'm sure if you've put any thought into using AAS you have already found the answer to this question which is why I question why you would even post this. If you are looking for constructive advice, your post has to be more specific than this because you just posted the same thing as over half the "should I use AAS posts".

Current 201 bulking.

?

Never had a cycle yet.

Source giving good deals this weekend.

All I can suggest constructively is READ, READ, READ. There is a lot of good advice on this forum. You will learn A LOT about diet and training on here. Since discovering this forum I've adjusted my diet multiple times and my training 2-3 times. Find what diet/training program works for you before you even consider gear but don't stop researching gear either. If you put 2-3 years of reading in about diet/training/gear imagine how much better your first cycle will be once that time comes as opposed to just going on a "newbie cycle" now and not having a deeper understanding about everything.

gfactor said:
would you recommend test boosters like trib... zma etc???
I would suggest an impeccable diet and training routine with proper rest, then supplements.
juice should be a last resort...

Totally agree with G on this [ almost always do .....lol] In fact most guys should never juice .....Seriously , unless you have the package ,dissipline , and means to be a top competitor or a top athlete..........why rish your health , freedom , and waste your money ?[ if half guys I know invested the money they spent on gear in their 20s and 30s they would retire wealthy in their 50s ] .........I don't understand why we live in the drug culture that we do......I really don't think like that .......fuck ....I get head ache ......I don't run for an asprin ....I take the pain ........I just am just blown away by how many people juice , drink , abuse pills , and rec drugs that are bbers...........what happened to the the days of physical culture ? Where guys that lifted were athletes and lived healthy lives .............what the hell happened to that ? This if I take these growth petides and some gh , with some clen ,t3 and test will I have some good abs for my myspace page pics makes me wanna throw up...................sorry to rant .......hearing kind of stuff over and over really bums me out..............

My Opinion

Not that I think 21 is necessarily too young but I would not recommend it. There are lots of people who start at that age or younger.

I would seriously take a hard look at your diet and training regiment. Do you really feel you can't make anymore gains? Have you really researched training and nutrition thoroughly? Most people do not; even people who are advanced.

Also, let say you do this cycle. Everything works great. Where does that leave you 5 months from now? You will always want to do another one. I can guarantee you that.

Let me tell you my story, I'm not even 25 yrs old yet, I have not really abused steroids but some how I have low testosterone now. After getting blood tests done and seeing how I feel at certain levels, I am sure that my natural testosterone levels used to be EXTREMELY high. I can not tell you how often I dwell about this and feel sorry for myself. I wish I would have done things differently. I was never a person who wanted to take the easy route. I used to come home from a basketball game/football game or track meet and lift weights at 11 at night after being at school and a game all day long. But I was a young and arrogant in college and I was surrounded by a bunch of stupid people. People who were older than me,who I looked up to and who gave me bad advise. Surrounding yourself with good people is very important in this game.

I have a younger brother who is very into lifting and I would never advise him to take steroids. He is 19 years old and stronger than most people I know who have been juicing for years. I have high school kids and college kids ask me all the time for stuff and I want no parts of it. I try to help them in other ways if they allow me. I try to do this because no one ever helped me.

There lots of good supplements on the market today. I personally really think the Gaspari Nutrition products are great. They have a tremendous test booster product if you want to try that.

Ultimately, the choice is yours. But realize if you want to play, you have to be willing to pay when it comes to this stuff. It’s not always as glamorous as it seems. I was 232 lbs when I was 21 years old at 5'8" and year and a half later I was 180 and alot weaker than what I was before I ever took anything.

Last edited:
21 is too young for most people. If you have to ask, then yes, you are too young. You have to ask yourself what your goals are (not just in bodybuilding) and what you expect to gain (again, not just in bodybuilding.) When and if you decide to do a cycle consider all of the pros/cons, risks/rewards and understand that it is a lot more to some people than just a cycle, they become long-term users (personnally not against it) or worse they want to achieve a certain level too quickly and fuck-up their health or friendships or family or job or ............

Are you too young? That's a decision you need to make. I've been on and off since I believe 20. However, I was busting my ass and wanted to go to the next level. Do I regret it? Not at all, but I think you need to really be training hard and hit that "wall" before you start taking AAS.
It's up to you, but you gotta ask yourself if you have truly been training as hard as you can naturally before you take the AAS. If you have then try it. If not, hold off and try to get to the highest level your body can go naturally. Just my opinion.:)

If you have to ask, then you shouldn't take any thing. I signed up here when I was 19 (hence the name) I actually researched and waited until I was 21 before I started, I'm 24 now. Do your self a favor if your going to get on, and do as much research as possible. I have friends who rushed into it, they have too many regrets to justify their decisions today.

Last edited:
This is an awesome article that I read

I didn't write this but I read it somewhere else....perhaps you should read it as well.

Here's some info for guys who want to gain 20-25lbs on a cycle.

Everyone wants to know how to gain high poundages on a cycle. We've all got a "friend" in a gym somewhere that gained 25lbs on his last cycle and we want to do the same.
We ask ourselves "What is his secret? Is the juice he's taking that good? Is it a good diet in conjunction with the test.. is that what is responsible?" Well, here's the answer.. NO, his particular anabolic compound of choice be it Sustanon, Winstrol, Dbol, Tren, etc.. isn't so great that whoever takes one of those compounds will grow.. nor is his diet so "on" that he will gain more than us.

Here's the truth.. and some of you won't like it.. Some of you may even get pissed off.. The reason these guys grow so much on their cycles is because they shouldn't even be using steroids to begin with! And that's the truth! That may sound a bit confusing.. yes? Well allow me to elaborate:

You take a 20 yr old male. He has been lifting on and off for six months or so. He's about 6 foot tall maybe a little shorter.. 5'10" or so.. He weighs about 165lbs.. He's got a little bit of definition.. nothing big.. when his shirt is off people can tell he's been working out.. He decides one day that he wants to take steroids, He sees the really big guys in the gym and he wants to be like them right now.. he doesn't want to wait any longer.. in his mind six months has been long enough.. So he gets on the internet.. he finds a message board similar to this one.. he reads a little .. finds a hook up.. and decides to run 250mg of test and 300mg of deca for two months and ends up weighing around 185 or 190.. All of his friends are amazed.. he's amazed He's put on some size.. he looks like a weight lifter.. he doesn't look like someone who could compete.. but he looks like he's finally arrived on the Body building scene. His closest friends are so impressed that they want to run the exact same cycle .. He tells them exactly what he did.. how he ate..etc.. Now, a few months go by.. all of a sudden the kid is back to around 165 maybe 170.. He thinks.. "Oh man.. I've got to get back on cycle.. I need those drugs to be big.. if I don't.. I just can't grow, Steroids require that I stay on all the time to maintain the kind of size that I want". I guess that's what he has to do; huh; stay on all the time?

Now, here's the reason he gained 25lbs on his cycle.. He was so far from his genetic potential that once the anabolic compounds were introduced into his system he grew like a weed.. His body didn't need to struggle to put on that mass, because it was quite capable of adding that much mass naturally.. The steroids just sped it up..

it is for lack of a better or more accurate word.. a short cut to get to where he could have gotten natural anyway. His inevitable weight loss after coming off his "super" cycle wasn't from the lack of steroids.. it was from a lack of a proper foundation.. a Lack of proper training skills, and a lack of muscular maturation.

Here's the deal.. guys who need steroids aren't the guys who are growing 25+lbs per cycle.. they are gaining 10lbs and hopefully keeping 5-8.. They are struggling to even do that.. I'll tell you from personal experience.. I am 30 yrs old 6'2" .. I am 284lbs currently.. I am 17% BF (I'm a powerlifter/strongman.. so I keep a little extra fat on me). If I wanted to keep the same body fat % I have now and weigh 300lbs.. I would have to run a very long cycle..or in all honesty it will take me two full cycles to get to 3 bills..

An average cycle for me is about 750mg Test, 450mg Deca, 300mg EQ and Some Dbol in the front and at the end. Those are some fairly heavy dosages...Why don't I gain 25lbs per cycle?

Because No matter how much gear I take.. no matter how much I eat.. my body is so far beyond it's genetic potential that I simply can't add that kind of radical mass anymore..

My body does a fairly good job of maintaining mass when I'm not on cycle.. but I do drop weight regardless.. and in truth, the only reason my body maintains it's size as well as it does is because of Muscle maturation.. My body is used to carrying around that muscle.. it's not a shock to my body to carry it around.. And I built a solid mass foundation naturally years ago.. I reached my genetic potential before I started using juice.. Lifting was a habbit and a lifestyle for me because I played football from Junior high through College.

I've worked out in gyms all over the country.. and I have been doing so for the better part of a decade.. and I'll tell you, I have seen a lot of little guys blow up for a couple of months from a cycle only to deflate a couple of months later..It's the truth.. Muscle Maturation plays a huge key in keeping mass... that and proper training skills.. (and no hitting bench 3 days a week and squating once every few months doesn't count)

So in truth, when you hear about some guy who gained 25-30lbs off of a cycle.. Please keep in mind that he is probably some impatient tiny punk that could have easily gained the same amount of muscle had he just been a little more patient.. If he had just been focused on learning how to train.. focused on how to eat!

This is a lifestyle.. there are no short cuts if you want to be the real deal.... There will never be a fly by nighter even win the smallest amateur comp in booney fu*king Iowa if he hasn't been serious for years...

It's important that you guys learn that Juice may seem like the best short cut in the beginning... but whenever you add that much mass that quickly from gear.. Your body isn't going to be ready for it.. it will literally fight you to keep it.. the sudden size and strength will stress the ligaments, tendons, bones and central nervous system and Your body will do everything that it can to shed those rapid muscle gains.. Decent muscle mass is only kept through time and hard work (cough.. cough.. it's a cliche.. but it's still true).. and it's important that your gains aren't so fast that the body can't adjust healthfuly to it's new weight gain..

I've been on the boards for years.. and I'll tell you, 80% of the people on these boards are wannabes and posers.. they are guys who won't even be working out six months from now.. They are impatient and are looking for the shortcut.. they may even get a few short term results.. but in the long run they will come out behind everyone else..(and when I say long run.. i mean less than a year or two)

These kind of guys will never be anything more than a hobbyist.. and in truth...that is probably the case in every other aspect of their lives as well, not just weight lifting..

So in the end my advice is this.. if you are wanting to add some mass..and you're stuck.. learn a different training method.. change your diet.. and if you're a good size.. (that's when everyone who is in the room with you knows you're a weight lifter.. if you walk in a room, and everyone in there doesn't know that you lift, you are not ready for steroids) then come and sit down.. and we'll talk about steroids.. until then, Learn how to train.. learn how to eat.. and spend some time in the gym.. you'll be so much better off in the end!

Cadelles10 said:
I didn't write this but I read it somewhere else....perhaps you should read it as well.

GREAT POST!!! SOOOO true!

Natual ???

I can see that you have the same natual problem of the most genetic freak of all time : Fullybuild.
fourthgen said:
This is gonna be another one of those mixed review threads, but I personally feel 21 is too young. You will hear on some other boards that the minimum age you should wait to juice is 21 but thats too vauge. Some say 21 is good b/c the endocrine system is pretty much done developing, but I don't necassarly belive this. Some kids who reach puberty early will be done developing faster, but some late bloomers may not be done till around 23 or so. Don't just judge this on facial hair,voice,etc... I would wait longer.
Then its also important to wait till you have hit your natual limit. This is also hard to tell, but lets say you started lifting at 16 and you 21 now, there is no way you have reached it yet. I suggest you should be in the game for at least 5years before touching AAS and thats "at least." This also means 5years of knowing what your doing. Not just 5years of the gym under your belt. You need to fine tune and figure out as much as possible while your natual, and you will get 10x better gains when you decide to juice than if you start too early. For some reason the guys that start too early seem to never develope the mature look as those who build a natural structure/frame first. They are usually the guys who can put on a lot of size but not quality. It almost looks as if the muscle is forced.

Nice article.

The reason why I'm thinking about it is due to the fact that im already 201 lbs. Spring of 2006 I was 169 *I thought being skinny was the thing* But I was tired of looking like that so I decided to put on pounds. I used gainer etc. No juice. Now I'm thinking to myself.... I'm at my peak. When I was in HS I use to weigh 205'ish and never lifted.. I lost a lot of that weight (Alot of fat) but this time around I gained mostly muscle.

I love bodybuilding and I am at a standstill when it comes to competing worthy vs. waiting 4 years to then apply.

Last edited:
gfactor said:
Nice article.

The reason why I'm thinking about it is due to the fact that im already 201 lbs. Spring of 2006 I was 169 *I thought being skinny was the thing* But I was tired of looking like that so I decided to put on pounds. I used gainer etc. No juice. Now I'm thinking to myself.... I'm at my peak. When I was in HS I use to weigh 205'ish and never lifted.. I lost a lot of that weight (Alot of fat) but this time around I gained mostly muscle.

I love bodybuilding and I am at a standstill when it comes to competing worthy vs. waiting 4 years to then apply.

Then if its what you want to do then do it. Just make sure you research what you're going to take, what effects it will have on your body and know what to take when you come off so you don't "crash." Like a couple of the members said on here, research and learning about AAS is the best way to understand how this whole world works. Like I said earlier, I started early too, but I researched for almost 2 full years and listened to a lot of peers on what I should and what I shouldn't do. Good luck!

gfactor said:
Nice article.

Wait, you gained 32 lbs in about 1/2 a year and you are STILL wanting to get on juice?!?! :eek: Bro, it doesn't get any better than that. If you are still gaining that fast, you still have a lot of natural gains in you b4 you should go on gear. Most of the guys I know that get on a new cycle don't gain 30 lbs in a year, much less 6 months!! I would sztay off for now and keep researching for another year and then re-evaluate. It would be a good idea to post your diet up here as well to let the members critique it a little. I bet with some adjustments from the right people, your gains will catapult again.

kal el said:
I can see that you have the same natual problem of the most genetic freak of all time : Fullybuild.

Who? I have no problems with people being natural. In fact, I encourage it.

If you want to get big and strong, i would recommend hooking up with IFBB pro PHIL HERNON. He is easy to find on this board. You want to have a solid foundation b4 attempting AS. Diet, sleep, training all need to be 100%. Maca and tribulus are excellent herbal test boosters and NO2 supps are good. Take your time, research, and ease into it. Get your body ready for the grueling workouts you go thru on AS.

MY 2cc's,
RM

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear