over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Warm-up/Pre-exercise Mobility.

tay

Banned
Hello all,

well I thought to post this to see what you all do for pre-workout mobility / pre-exercise warming up leading to your workouts. I have to be quite honest I am pretty stubborn and " LAZY " to warm-up for my trainings and I think it took a effect on my body, making me lack some mobility. Noticing the range of motion on one arm is slightly better than the other... I've been getting aches/pains all the years but this year has been the worst in terms of stiffness, tightness and achey joint pains in my knees, rotator-cuff and now my elbows I'm noticing to be very stiff! Regardlessly how I layed off in the past few months with training. I still feel this annoying elbow dryness in the medial epicondylitis that is just pickering me...

So I am this thread to basically see how you guys do it in terms of warming up from duration to specific things... I know some pros like Kai Greene take up to 30-40min warming-up by doing step-mill, ab crunches and so on.

I am thinking
#1. Cardio (LISS) 10-20 minutes Step-mill
#2. Foam-rolling pre-exercise (IT bands, Hip Flexor, Spine, Delts)
#3. Rotator-Cuff work (3 exercises perhaps something like "Scarecrows" 3-4 sets of 15 reps, External Rotations/Flyes 3 sets 12-15 reps, Cuban Presses 3-4 sets of 15 reps, and shoulder press with rear-delt flyes and side laterals then front raises as a Circuit for 15 reps all around
#4. Arms: Triceps/Biceps superset or preforming 5 sets of rope pushdowns 25-30 reps then Alternative DB Bicep Curls 5x12-15 ascending weight

Then from here if you are training Deltoids then you can start by doing 3-4 sets of progressive weight on Side laterals until you are warmed up and start preforming other exercises for deltoids with a weight working up to your working sets for example
" Seated dumbbell military press "
Set #1 25lb - 20 reps
Set #2 30lb - 20 reps
Set #3 55lb - 15 reps
Set #4 65lb - 15 reps
Set #5 70lb - 15 reps
Set #6 80-90lb 12-15 reps

Basically working up to the weight slowly to keep blood-filling and staying warm and not going heavy sacrificing form for 6-8 reps...

Sorry for the long post :)

we need more threads like this not just drug topics. thanks for posting.

I agree brother... I think we are all smart in this forum, however we tend to do stupid things or just get LAZY! with it... I think we should start taking close care to our bodies more. Not that we do not. But in fact everything meaning cleansing our self (detox), coming off gear for the sake of HPTA recovery.. Warming-up, eating better, sleeping better. Just doing things more naturally than relying on drugs for the fix! :)

we need more threads like this not just drug topics. thanks for posting.

I like 10-20 walking. Doing some arms swings and rotations trying to get shoulders starting to warm up

Foam roll. IT and medial rectus. Glutes and tspine. Upper body day add in pec and lat roll

Banded distraction for shoulder and lat. hip and ankle

Evaluate if more dynamic warmup is needed

Start ramping first exercise

I used to do jsut upper or lower warmup but started a new strength phase where lower and upper body is each day in the gym. In 6 days my squat depth has gotten much more comfortable and even deeper wiht out pain. As well as tspine and OHp mobility getting noticeably better in just 6 days can't wait to do this ED for a month and more to see

I do 10 mins on the treadmill than warm up my cuffs if they are involved. I do 4-5 warm up sets for the first exercise for a body part. With a really mild stretch.
For mobility I find stretching and foam rolling after helps better.

I usually start out with just a few minutes on the treadmill but with increasing speed until I'm at a steady run for two minutes. Then I do at least two warm up sets with each muscle group. That's usually enough to feel the increased blood flow and negate any aches or stiffness. Otherwise, I'll continue with lower weights until I feel comfortable. I ignored this protocol one year and it took what felt like forever, probably about 6 months or so, before the pain in my rotator cuff subsided and I could lift normally. :banghead: Will never do that again. Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131