advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Was gear back then better than it is now?

Test is test is test. I think someone nailed it on the head earlier in this thread. The more cycles you run, the less effective it's going to be because you have already put the muscle on. You guys try not working out for a year, then come back and use todays ugl stuff, I guarandamntee you, you will make miracle like gains for a few months.
So true. Its like they say you are as big as your dose.
The dose that takes you from 220 to 250 will only get you to 250 next time too

There are some really good UGL here on PM. Just need to pay attention to the vets here and see what their using. They've done tons of different brands and been in the game a while. They most likely will be using top notch goods

A lot of crappy raws going around, but if an ugl has a clean environment, makes sterility a primary concern, and overdoses his gear I would say no.

From 89-98, I used the usual Mexican pharmaceutical and veterinarian stuff...Sustanon preloads, Sten, Primotestin, Laurabolin, Reforvit (!), Testosterona 200 (Enanthate), and occasionally got ahold of some American pharmaceutical stuff...Cypionate, Deca, Anadrol.

I didn't cycle at all from 98-2008, and from 2008 to present, I've used only UGL stuff.

The UGL compounds I've used have ranged from lousy to very good. None of it seems as clean as the old school stuff. Maybe it's because I'm older and don't respond as well, but the old stuff was definitely better.

I don't get the size or bloat that I got from testosterone back then. Most of the EQ today seems almost as good. The UGL Deca isn't near as good as Laurabolin. Current DBol and Anadrol doesn't compare to the pharma Anadrol or Reforvit taken orally.

Was gear back when they were legal, better than they are now?

Better meaning more properly dosed, cleaner, higher quality, less side effects, etc.

I'm talking today's top-notch UGL vs. the 70's/80's human grade stuff, dose for dose

Would love to hear some stories.

People literally went to Doctor for shot of Deca and pharmacy to get Dianabol regularly. Deca, NPP, Primo, Dianabol, Winstrol and there are a couple of odd end ones I don't remember that people used because I was told(by someone extremely high up- I won't give names unless a mod wants to PM me) that they were only around for a smaller period of time and disappeared thereafter. EQ and Tren(came in preloaded syringe) came around mid 80s. Much smaller dosages were used as well and there wasn't this vast variety of steroids there are today. People had less sides effects because they no.1 had their diets right day in and day out, unless it was Saturday many of the guys took all Saturday as their cheat day, no.2 they lived a traditional bodybuilding lifestyle which was a much healthier alternatives to today's bodybuilding and no.3 they weren't idiots and didn't abuse it like people from today, sure some people went over prescribed dosages but still...

I can go on forever but the main difference then vs. now, is how stupid people are now and use gear to make up for inadequate diets, training and heart.

^^^^

I'm not sure if tren was around in the mid 80's. I remember in the early 90s we had to homebrew our own using Synovex pellets from the vet, and this nasty stuff called DMSO as the delivery agent. That shit blew me up and made me retard strong.

^^^^

I'm not sure if tren was around in the mid 80's. I remember in the early 90s we had to homebrew our own using Synovex pellets from the vet, and this nasty stuff called DMSO as the delivery agent. That shit blew me up and made me retard strong.

It was but it wasn't know as tren. I can't remember the name of it...

It was but it wasn't know as tren. I can't remember the name of it...

Parabolan is all I ever knew of back in the day as far as when tren first hit the scene

Last edited:
Lets just say the results I get from my script bought stuff is extremely different than the UG shit that gets sold. I have used a majority of the suppliers on this forum, none come close to comparing.

Whether its them or their powder supplier, or both... We can't know for sure... Either way, UG stuff no matter who is selling is a constant let down.

An old bodybuilder that trained me who was competive in 80s sad that no matter the dosage of actually drug in the ml disnt matter if it was a little dirty. He said your body will recognize impuritys and is forced to develope antibodies to fight them. So when this happens your body becomes weaker overall and would not be as efficient growing muscles in this state. Of coursr this was his opinion but now is mine also because of experience. I had taken one time 250 mg sustenon and then 500 mg of underground and i believe that the pharm grade was stronger by a little bit.

The UGL Deca isn't near as good as Laurabolin. Current DBol and Anadrol doesn't compare to the pharma Anadrol or Reforvit taken orally.

That Reforvit was powerful stuff and just about as good as the old Ciba I had when I was younger.

I agree the older stuff was much better. My question is why aren't more sponsors selling human grade stuff. Is it really that much more difficult to find now?

why? profit margin.

cost's $2 to produce a 10ml bottle of test and you'll make 40x your money back.

to purchase HG amps you'll pay $.95/amp, but you have to buy 20,000 and you're only making 5-7x your money back. (unless it's primo)

Plus, if your a source selling HG, you have to have a steady, reliable supplier of HG stuff from the mid-east, russia, greece, ect...

Now with raws from china, anybody with $300, a scale, and a calculator (and some peg300, ba, bb, and gso) can agument their income. (as well as add 'manufacturing w/intent' to the list of charges if they get poped).

@ Myck,

You are aware that Deca-Durabolin and Laurabolin are two separate estered nandrolones?

80,s stuff was a hell of alot more potent upjohn test cypt 1 cc a week thats all you needed to blow the fuck up anadrol where just to potent half a tab your good winstrol-v awesome 150 lb dumbell presses overnight good times friends!!!

Correlation does not cause causation. The older shit "appears" to be more effective, because face it, several years ago, you all (those who claim such dramatic difference) were much smaller and weaker, now its all about diminishing returns.

Testosterone cypionate, is testosterone cypionate.

"extra potent" as many of you are slanging around does not mean "super ultra engineered steroids on steroids" as SOME of you are implying.

Potent means a high concentration of mg or ml ratio.
Or dealing with powders, a higher percentage of the actual active substance within the batch.

All human grade is, is guaranteed less filler and processed in a sterile lab.
Testosterone is testosterone, its chemical nomenclature is the SAME for UG and HG. If you alter that, it is no longer testosterone.

If your underground is "no good" it it because you got ripped off and the label is false and under dosed to the point of obliviousness. End of story.
Human grade is always on point, or very close.

Anybody who actually paid attention in organic chemistry will understand this without argument.

Last edited:
That Reforvit was powerful stuff and just about as good as the old Ciba I had when I was younger.

gawd i can still remember the taste of that shit

oh the good old days .. i remember me and my lifting partner buying our first cycles out of the trunk of a car in an arbys parking lot in 1988

parabolin and cypionate for me

deca dbol for him

never felt anything like parabolin since i dont care what you say about tren enth or hex to me it just dont feel the same

at that time on bench i would do 225 on my second set for 8-10
2 weeks into that cycle i did 30 reps

Last edited:
one drawback i see to UGL's is this

a pharm company dont use a 100 grams at a time
niether does a vet grade company

the open a drum and make everything

a ugl buys some powder from a supplier who keeps scooping out of a 25 kg drum till its empty i would be willing to bet quality is slightly decreased as time goes on

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws