over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Water consumption

themuscle

Registered
Do I really need to drink a gallon or more of water a day. If I just drink when I’m thirsty and under that amount,, my body looks so dry and solid. I love it. Damn health benefits lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look small, and flat in the morning simply due to being dehydrated.

Half a gallon down with sea salt, and it's a completely different look. I'm a 2+ gallon of water a day person; especially in the summer.

There is no rule of thumb here. There are no biomarkers for hydration; maybe Stewie and the other smarties can chime in here. Sodium and minerals play a big role here as well.

Often times, if you've been under hydrating your body, that's the homeostatic set point for your body. Just like if you under consume sodium; your body releases it at a slower rate.

But that doesn't mean it's ideal. I'd gauge it off performance in the gym, and healthy blood work. Something you need to auto-regulate yourself.

I don't find 1 gallon to be enough. I need more than 2 to feel hydrated through out the day.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I would say a litre with every meal is good. And then maybe 2l with workout

I’m about 10l a day and through out the night. But summer way more as I do a physical job

I used to find it hard to drink a gallon a day, but when I stopped drinking everything but water it became really easy and now I can probably get close to 2 pretty regularly..

Every now and then I’ll have a soda or shake or something but every time I do I feel bad then chug down a bunch of water and I feel like diluting it makes up for it :eek:

I always drink at least a Gallon of water a day, at the Bare Minimum.

I've found that for me Personally, I know when I need to drink more Water by the Color of my Urine.
If it's Not Clear or Pale Yellow, I'm Dehydrated, and need to drink more............... JP

I drink 1 1/2 gallons. I remember Shawn Ray saying he drank 3 gallons a day which is why he had such a full look while other bodybuilders looked stringy like they’d been sucked out by a vampire. 🦇 🧛🏻‍♂️

I drink 1 1/2 gallons. I remember Shawn Ray saying he drank 3 gallons a day which is why he had such a full look while other bodybuilders looked stringy like they’d been sucked out by a vampire. 🦇 🧛🏻‍♂️

That’s like 15 litres 3 gallons. I find that very hard to believe.

I just drink when I´m thirsty, the amount varies with the level of physical activity and the time of the year but usually between 2 and three litres, a litre more on training days.

Some of the amounts you guys are chugging down make me pity your kidneys, those numbers would make me the adult version of the Manneken Pis and severely impair my already shitty sleep.

I just drink when I´m thirsty, the amount varies with the level of physical activity and the time of the year but usually between 2 and three litres, a litre more on training days.

:headbang:

When I drank water all day long and took in about 2 gallons a day I was a pee producing machine. Stop drinking a couple hours before I would go to sleep and weigh about 4 lb's less in the morning and would need a half gallon to just get back to hydrated. Now that I drink a gallon or so and when I am thirsty I only weigh about 2 lb's less in the morning and am not as dehydrated as when I was drinking all the time. I find if the body if the body is trained to think water is coming on a regular schedule then it keep processing it out till it notices that there is none coming in which can take some time. Now that it only has to process it when there is an over abundance I get less dehydrated and have to worry about taking in as much sodium and other minerals.

I drink a gallon typically.

Also depends on the compounds I’m on and level of activity. On tren my body needs more water, it craves it.

That’s like 15 litres 3 gallons. I find that very hard to believe.

yeah. thats around 25 pounds of water. drink 25 pounds of water seems totally pointless and probably not good healthwise. diluting electrolyes aint recommended.

I did 3 gallons before a contest. I was urinating every 15 minutes. It was brutal.

I’ve done 10 litres the Friday
Then 10 litres by 3pm the sat.

Then Lots vit C celery seed etc etc

Brutal experience

Rather just take couple 1/2 dyazide

How often do you guys pee with such high water intake? 2-3 gallons? I'd have to quit my job and live in the bathroom.

Drink when you're thirsty. The excessive water intake perpretated by bro- science will lead to health complications. Kidneys are delicate organs.

Loading 2.5 gallons the last 3 days and ill be doing 3g teh week of the show. Water is key.

Personally I think 1-1.5 gallons is a good target. Just drink in between meals throughout the day. I'd recommend slamming a glass upon waking and then just start sipping.

Drink when you're thirsty. The excessive water intake perpretated by bro- science will lead to health complications. Kidneys are delicate organs.

But if you eat a lot of protein and drink a little water, you will also be in problems.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws