over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Water filters? Recommendations

mountaindog1

IFBB Pro / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have been thinking about getting something to purify my water. I know absolutely nothing about this subject though, so hoping someone can school me on what is a good way to get the highest quality H2O (as the Waterboy would say)...

JM

I purchased a Kinetico whole house water filtration system which has a secondary filtration system for drinking water (reverse osmosis). This was probably more than what you are looking for. But mine was like $5k. Purest most quenching clean water ever. Didn't know how bad my water was till I got it.

I purchased a Kinetico whole house water filtration system which has a secondary filtration system for drinking water (reverse osmosis). This was probably more than what you are looking for. But mine was like $5k. Purest most quenching clean water ever. Didn't know how bad my water was till I got it.

Thanks - I am on their site reading about it right now.

I am concerned most with my family's future health. Was thinking this would be worthwhile, but again I am not educated on this so thank you for the direction.

JM

I would make sure whatever filter you get that it filters OUT ALL fluoride.

Reverse osmosis filters are great.

Thanks - I am on their site reading about it right now.

I am concerned most with my family's future health. Was thinking this would be worthwhile, but again I am not educated on this so thank you for the direction.

JM

Yep. I love mine. Might be overkill but great nonetheless. My father in-law says my water tastes better than "that fancy 'high-falutent' bottled water". LOL

I would make sure whatever filter you get that it filters OUT ALL fluoride.

Reverse osmosis filters are great.

Sodium Fluoride is poison that is added to our tap water. It's so crazy how bad this shit is for people. Our counties actually purchase this as a product and add it to your tap water.
So deff get a filter that gets out all the Sodium Fluoride if you are going to be drinking your tap water. That plus BPA Free containers to drink and store your water would be a drastic step forward.

for under 200 you can get and its super easy to install a RO unit for under the sink , use that for cooking and coffee teas ....then I add an external filter before my fridge , fridge has one too but its cheap

"this is water from a glacier in alaskaaaa... it was blessed by an eskimo medicine man..." hahahhhaha... what a classic movie... i don't want you playing no "fooseball" bobbyyyy boucheaaa! lmaooo

sorry i couldn't contribute... what about just buying water machine and having them drop you the big tanks you just load on top?

Last edited:
I would highly recommend Hellenbrand. Very similar system to the kinetics one but should only run you 2k. Family owned company, great service if you ever have an issue. Guaranteed to remove all chlorine, fluoride, etc. I invested in one when my wife was pregnant.

Charles Poliquin said Akai was the best during a BioSig class I took 2 years ago. He had one hooked up to the faucet in facility gym back then. Still had the same one when I was there last year. Also recommended a filter on your shower head. Claimed it would lower your hamstring readings.

Give the "Big Berkey" a try, 4 ceramic filters in the top and 4 arsenic filters in the bottom.
These filters remove everything except virus.
These are given to our troops that get stationed in outpost in the middle of nowhere.

Let me point you in the right direction. I studied this topic extensively years ago, so let me summarize what I learned.

1) Distilled Water: This is the purest, cleanest water you can get.... period. Water is first boiled, and the condensation is collected. If done properly, the water is free of all germs, particles, metals, etc. You can purchase a counter-top distiller, which continuously boils waster and distills it for you. It's very expensive, and not very energy-friendly. I would not recommend distilled water in plastic jugs, as the plastic containers leech stuff into the water.

2) Reverse Osmosis: If distilled water is not available or practical, then reverse osmosis is the 2nd cleanest water you can get, and very nearly as clean as distilled, as long as you're starting with tap water. A key benefit here, is that you can get a "whole house" reverse-osmosis system, which will simplify things for you. All the members of the household will get continuously reverse-osmosis purified water from faucets and shower heads.

3) Under-sink, or Refrigerator based filters: After the first 2 options, the 3rd best option is to use a large, sophisticated filtering system. The best kind are the ones that mount under the sink, or the ones that are built into modern fridges. These get kind of expensive, as you need to keep buying filters.... but a quality filtration system will get out most of the bad stuff.

4) Portable water filters: These are the last option you want to use, because they really aren't that great at cleaning much from the water. Some of the high-end ones may be okay, but stay away from Brita. Brita mainly only filters out chlorine, which is the element with the strongest taste and odor in tap water.

Last edited:
"One of the most pronounced negative effects of consumption of RO water is dilution and washing out Na+,K+ and Mg2+. This phenomenon - electrolytic imbalance causes problems with neural transduction, muscle contraction and can lead to sudden death. This is why one should drink highly mineralized water after extensive sport activities and/or during warm days."

Quoted from here.. I also had questioned this a long time ago with my filter for RO/DI saltwater tank supply. Even with diverting the de-ionizer.

Is it Safe To Drink RO Water?? You'd be surprised.. - 3reef Reef Aquarium Forum

The best water is natural spring water that bubbles up from the ground that has been filtered by the earth over thousands of years

Guys thank you - this is great information. I think the reverse osmosis system might be what I get. I want to make sure my family gets the best they can. I am growing more and more worried about chemicals in everything these days.

Please keep the info coming, I love learning and this could be an awesome thread.

JM

The best water is natural spring water that bubbles up from the ground that has been filtered by the earth over thousands of years

Sadly that used to be a good method.. but now that the top layer is polluted in some areas I would not say that is the best lol.

Under counter is the best you can get for your home, (outside of an uber system that needs its own room). Personally I use New Wave Enviro countertop filtration system and it has been great for me. I move often. ((

"One of the most pronounced negative effects of consumption of RO water is dilution and washing out Na+,K+ and Mg2+. This phenomenon - electrolytic imbalance causes problems with neural transduction, muscle contraction and can lead to sudden death. This is why one should drink highly mineralized water after extensive sport activities and/or during warm days."

Quoted from here.. I also had questioned this a long time ago with my filter for RO/DI saltwater tank supply. Even with diverting the de-ionizer.

Great info..i hate distilled water and didnt know ro can do the same...maybe ro is not the best choice..thank you very much

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for posting this.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear