over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Water Intake

SemiIntense

Registered
So does water intake have to be from just pure water with nothing in it, or is water water? I keep seeing both sides of the debate

What sparked this question is that I drink about four protein shakes a day on top of my food, but I like em real watered down, I mix a scoop with about 20oz of water each (i know, i know, but that's how I like em)..... that's 80oz of water at the end of the day just from my shakes.

I find myself never really that thirsty, I might have like 3-4 cups of water during the day and I'm stuffed. I'm curious if all that other water in my protein shakes counts for something? I had one doc tell me I was gonna fuck up my kidneys b/c it wasn't pure water, but the same doc told me Creatine would lead to early death so I'm not exactly hanging my hat on what she says.

I'm not sure I could really stomach a gallon of water on top of the 80oz.

If you're not thirsty & if you try to drink water & you really don't want it, then you're getting enough.

If your pissing clear and often you should be good imo. Our foods can contain a lot of water depending on what we eat also. I would count the water in your shakes as water yes. Otherwise anytime we drink water with a meal it wouldn't count. (Although I personally never drink with food but that's just habit really

I drink 1.5 gallons a day of pure water. I dont count any mixed or diet soda, that is extra and does not count for my water intake.

Water is better medicine, you need add only 1 drop to your glass of Vodka.

A doc told me drinking too much water puts stress on kidneys

You're suppose to drink half your body weight in ounces daily for normal hydration. If your piss is clear, you're good.

Protein shakes don't count as your water intake. I drink 1 gallon per day minimum, but you can flavor them with crystal light and it counts

You have what it takes, but it will take all you got.

Protein shakes don't count as your water intake. I drink 1 gallon per day minimum, but you can flavor them with crystal light and it counts

Are you kidding? Of course protein shakes count if using water.

After losing one kidney to cancer recently, Doctors told me to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. Your kidneys need water to do their job. And with one kidney, not enough water means I am at a higher risk for bad electrolyte balance and bad blood Ph.

Are you kidding? Of course protein shakes count if using water.

Nah man protein still has to be filtered by your kidneys so why would you count it? I only count what's pure and cleaning/cleansing my liver and kidneys. I do use powerade zero though and that's fine for me to count. It doesn't really matter it's all a personal preference.

Coffee has caffeine which is a mild diuretic. Counterproductive.

Last edited:
Caffeine has a slight diuretic effect that the body will adapt to but even so it will not undo the hydrating effects of the actual water in coffee itself.

Everything gets filtered by kidneys and liver so should you not count anything that you consume at all?

Jeez. Even the water content in fruit will contribute to your fluid intake and help hydrate you

Nah man protein still has to be filtered by your kidneys so why would you count it? I only count what's pure and cleaning/cleansing my liver and kidneys. I do use powerade zero though and that's fine for me to count. It doesn't really matter it's all a personal preference.

You don't count water in your shakes which will help hydrate and keep kidney in better health regardless of protein content yet you will count powerade with All the crap and additives in it which will no doubt add stress (albeit minor) to your liver and kidneys.

I cannot comprehend how your thought process is working

My mom has been a registered nurse for 30+ years and she told me a long time ago to hydrate based on the color of urine. Pee clear. I work in the sun all day and hydration is important. I have yet to find a doctor who argues this with me when questioning me how I know if I'm staying hydrated enough... If your pee is clear you are hydrated enough. If your pee is yellow keep drinking water.:star-wa:s

You don't count water in your shakes which will help hydrate and keep kidney in better health regardless of protein content yet you will count powerade with All the crap and additives in it which will no doubt add stress (albeit minor) to your liver and kidneys.

I cannot comprehend how your thought process is working

All I'm saying is powerade zero only has a small amount of sucrose and red 40 (which are bad yes) but the rest is a hydrating contest approved drink. Yes I understand what your saying, as I said its obviously a personal preference. For me, because protein shakes take a lot longer to filter and much more work is involved, I don't count them. I would rather get more water in than not enough. That's how my thought process is working [emoji4]

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws