over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

water loss w/no drugs

Lee P

Watch that vid every morning well eating meal 1, yep, he gets ready and eats what it wants friday that's it. I think that may be the case, only thing I have a hard time buying is his drug usage, he is genitic freak no question, but droping 80lbs in 12 weeks and looking like it goes duno,

HI Randy... What do you do in the follow up once you have abruptly cut your water intake and you have had your photo shoot etc and all is well and good. You dont want to suddenly have the bloat come back like a flood so does one simply reintroduce drinking his high water consumption or back to the full daily consumption?. A typical day can see me downing 1.75 gallons easily.. :cool: thanks alot

Now what I need to figure out how using a similar protocol would be affected by my 40mg prescribed daily lasix (when on gh I retain water badly in my ankles and my dr prefers lasix) even though I woul cut gh sometime the last week dealing with the inevitable post loop diuretic rebound doesn't sound like a good idea during the last week....I wonder if I should switch to a milder diuretic like aldactone and completely come off the lasix and try a similar protocol since from what I understand of aldactone u need to continue water intake fairly high for it to be affective....any thoughts or suggestions are welcome....

Everytime Homonunculus speaks, LISTEN.

He's one of a handful of people who I sincerely trust in this sport in terms of advice on diet, supps, and training. He actually understands the science combined with the empirical evidence. Half the guys out there give advice, but only give it because they've copied it from somebody else.

Scott S, Shelby, Dante, John Meadows, Phil, etc... THESE are the guys to listen to.

Randy, Great info and the older I get I just keep learning more. Seems I have been doing my water manipulation ass-backwards. I have always flooded with 2-3 gallons Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Wednesday was 1 gallon, Thursday was 1/2 gallon and Friday was about 44 oz and sat was sipping. Am I interpeting this correct that I should up my water to 9 liters by friday ?

Thanks so much

GN,

Was this mis-typed: "lower body is smooth and she is holding very little water?"

I do my water loss w/o drugs. The principle is very simple:

The body functions in feedback loops, including water homeostasis, that work like the thermostats and the AC (or heater) in your house, car, etc.

If you set the AC to 70 (its setpoint), the temp. much reach some threshold (say 72) before it kicks in. It will cool until it reaches some value below its setpoint, say 68. There is overshoot in the system. There must be some off-set or error to turn the AC on (temp reaches 72) and it will cool to provide somewhat of a temperature buffer (68? = 2? below the setpoint of 70?).

Now imagine how your thermostat, if it were "smart" like the body's, would react if you turned a heater on near the thermometer, but on the other side of the room from the AC. The heater would blast the thermometer (sensor) and the AC would be going full blast to cool the room. If you cut the heater off, the "smart" thermostat would not just cool the room to 68? - it would cool it to some level below that, b/c it remembers that there's a "threat" of heat AND the thermometer is simply is still hot even though the rest (most) of the room is at or below 70?. (It senses a hotter room than is actually the case!)

Water homeostasis is a bit more complicated, but you can use this principle to trick the body into drying out - losing water to a level of dehydration below its normal setpoint. Here's how:

-Turn on diuresis in the body by drinking LOTS of water, flooding it with fluid.
-The body will respond homeostatically by removing this water from the system. It senses that there is too much water b/c electrolytes (especially sodium) are diluted in the blood. When the water is lost, there will necessarily be some sodium loss.
-KEEP drinking water and the body will continue to lose water to try to keep up, but will lose some electrolytes as well. In fact, outpace the body's ability to lose water by INCREASING water intake gradually over several days and it will not quite be able to keep up. You'll be peeing like a racehorse by this point (but even get somewhat drier). (The body (hypothalamus) "senses" you have more water than you do, b/c electrolytes are so diluted.)
-ABRUPTLY stop drinking water and watch as the body continues removing it and "smartly" overshoots previous level of hydration, leaving you dry as a bone.

Additions to this:
-Use every means of diuretic (non-pharmacological) at your disposal, increasing dose as you increase water, turning on diuresis even more: vitamin C (3-5 g), caffeine, herbal diuretics, and finally for the last day of drinking water, a no-carb, purely protein diet. AFTER YOU STOP DRINKING WATER, CONTINUE with these natural diuretics, driving diuresis and keeping yourself dry.
-Take in minimal sodium as your are finishing your water intake and thereafter.
-Supplement with Potassium to prevent cramping.

Here's a sample:
Mon, Tue: No carbs - glycogen depletion workouts
Tues: carb-up, some sodium (none added to food), 7L water
Wed: as above, 8 L water, Add in non-pharm diuretics
Thurs: as above, 9L water, Up diuretics
Fri: no-carbs (more on this later), only protein diet, minimal sodium, 10L of water, finished by 6PM, up diuretics even more.
Sat (show): no carbs (more later), only protein diet, .5 - 1.0 L water, diuretics throughout day.

Hope this helps!

-Randy

P.S. To anyone who has questions about this, keep 'em here in the thread so everyone can get the answer. :D (I get a lot of the same questions over and over... :) )

Have your views changed any on the drying out process since you first wrote this in 2003?

BUMPING A CLASSIC!

How can this be used still with no drugs when not competing when simply wanting to hold as little or zero subcutaneous water at all, all yr round?
Cheers.
:star-:ars

With show season upon us, this thread needs a bump. I believe the more refined version of this thread is on the Mountain Dog website, but this is still great info

Last edited:
Solid bump. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

You guys ever do cardio maybe am fasted on the day of the event when your water is very restricted?

You guys ever do cardio maybe am fasted on the day of the event when your water is very restricted?

Maybe I am confused.....are you asking if a person would do cardio the morning of a competition?

Maybe I am confused.....are you asking if a person would do cardio the morning of a competition?

If the question is to do cardio on show day.. Hell no! I want to be ready to hit the stage 2-3 weeks out so I can just cruise in. The only reason I can see doing cardio is if you aren't dry and need to sweat out water but I feel that might leave you stringy looking

Yes maybe sweat out more water?

If the question is to do cardio on show day.. Hell no! I want to be ready to hit the stage 2-3 weeks out so I can just cruise in. The only reason I can see doing cardio is if you aren't dry and need to sweat out water but I feel that might leave you stringy looking

Would love to know what you eat day of show with regards to carbs/sugar.

Would love to know what you eat day of show with regards to carbs/sugar.

It varies, but I keep carbs dry carbs. So no taters or carbs that have a lot it water in them. With my digestive issues, things like rice cakes, chex, gluten free cereal bars, raw honey... I don't eat high protein on show day as I feel like the more protein I eat the harder it is to hit my abs. If I know I an super dry and need to fill out and a little water will add fullness, I go for sushi. That is really my go-to. Rice doesn't bloat me and doesn't make me hold water, so I like to use lots of rice. I'll add honey with some almond butter to rice cakes and eat that as it gets closer to stepping on stage. I also make adjustments with sodium if I have carbs and can't get a pump, I add in 500mg sea salt. Then I hit done poses and if still no pump, sip a little water. Still no pump, a little more sea salt, almond butter and honey.

If you still can't get a pump after that I opt to "shit load" if I was dry, which in my case I make sure I am dry as it's one mess thing to toggle with and optimize on show day.

Basically, there is no set in stone practice on show day for. It evolves with how I look and feel

Ah good point on the dry carbs. Gonna get some rice cakes fore sure. Ever pop some raisins?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner