over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Water Retention and Acne

sub7percent

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
When I first started getting into AAS, I was always weary of the more androgenic drugs as I had acne in my teen years and early twenties (until I ran a six month course of accutane). After a dozen or so cycles under my belt with various substances, I came to realize that I never broke out while cutting, only while bulking. I also noticed that when bulking with drier substances like SD and trenbolone, my breakouts were only minor. I also noticed that while cruising on TRT using hgh and mk677, I also had some minor breakouts.

It seems to me that my acne is not caused by androgens but rather by fluid retention (I break out bad on test, dbol, nandrolone, etc).

Any one else notice this? I do like to have some water retention while bulking, so in this case would low dose accutane do the trick if the acne is caused by fluid retention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel supplementing accutante isn’t the best idea - mainly for toxicity reasons. However I don’t know how lower doses affect the liver. I personally hold a lot of water just on test, when I got bloodwork back my estradiol was at 57 with 12.5mg aromasin EOD. Once I upped the aromasin the excess water fell off within a couple days. I’d say check your bloodwork and see if you’re estrogen prone like myself and/or make sure other health markers are in check. I know diet can play a major factor in water retention as well. I’m sure everything I said is common sense for most but I hope this helps.

When I first started getting into AAS, I was always weary of the more androgenic drugs as I had acne in my teen years and early twenties (until I ran a six month course of accutane). After a dozen or so cycles under my belt with various substances, I came to realize that I never broke out while cutting, only while bulking. I also noticed that when bulking with drier substances like SD and trenbolone, my breakouts were only minor. I also noticed that while cruising on TRT using hgh and mk677, I also had some minor breakouts.

It seems to me that my acne is not caused by androgens but rather by fluid retention (I break out bad on test, dbol, nandrolone, etc).

Any one else notice this? I do like to have some water retention while bulking, so in this case would low dose accutane do the trick if the acne is caused by fluid retention?

I think your breakouts are due to estrogen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have better skin while cutting/dieting due to a much cleaner/stricter diet. Don't overlook diet as that will affect skin. Also fluctuations in hormones, making small changes and keeping estrogen in check will reduce acne

Ed shots basically eliminated whatever little pimples I got. Stable levels help.

And a cleaner diet like goal mentioned

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ed shots basically eliminated whatever little pimples I got. Stable levels help.

This x2!!! Especially for short esters but i do pin eod for long esters.
I also cannot drink milk. Even 4oz daily causes breakouts. No other dairy does this to me.

Last edited:
It's the carbs. There is direct link between excess carbs/sugar and acne. Also for every gram of carb intake the body holds about 4g of water. Lmk if you want me to find and post stuff about carbs and acne. The whole pathway was just discovered

I think your breakouts are due to estrogen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

i would say not likely, since right now i am running TRT and have not had breakouts before on TRT. The only difference now is that I am running MK677 and 2iu HGH daily and I am starting to see minor breakouts.

On that note I have noticed in the past that regardless of the compounds used, I usually tend to get temporary mild acne at the beginning and end of a cycle which could be due to fluctuations in hormones.

going to start bulking that the end of this month with a NPP/TP blend i have from OX, and try ED shots slowly ramping up the dose and see if that helps.

I've been doing a little more reading on the web and it seems that steroid induced acne can be derived as a result of three sources:

1) very androgenic hormones that cause increased sebum production
2) fluctuations in hormones
3) water retention (caused by estrogen and other hormones) - excess water pressure on the skin cells that leads to blocked pores.

It's the carbs. There is direct link between excess carbs/sugar and acne. Also for every gram of carb intake the body holds about 4g of water. Lmk if you want me to find and post stuff about carbs and acne. The whole pathway was just discovered

thanks hogan. if you have the link that would be great. interesting to see whether the link between excess carbs and acne is something other than excess carb induced water retention.

Its very in depth terminology of pathways but its explaining excess high glycemic foods inducing inflammation and activation of pathways that open a person up to acne. There are other genetic predispositions that a person can have that make them more prone to acne as well.

How does your diet change when going on cycle and bulking? Most of us up calories and quite a bit in the carb department.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19381980.2017.1356518

Insulin and Insulin-like growth factor-1 Can Activate the Phosphoinositide-3-kinase /Akt/FoxO1 Pathway in T Cells in vitro

Article · September 2017 with 26 Reads
DOI: 10.1080/19381980.2017.1356518

Abstract
Hyper-glycemic food increases insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and insulin signaling and regulates endocrine responses and thereby may modulate the course of acne. Inflammation and adaptive immune responses have a pivotal role in all stages of acne. Recent hypothesis suggests that hyperglycemic food reduces nuclear forkhead box-O1 (FoxO1) transcription factor and may eventually induces acne. The aim of our study was to investigate the role of IGF-1 and insulin on the phosphoinositide-3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt/FoxO1 pathway in human primary T cells and on the molecular functions of T cells in vitro. T cells were stimulated with 0.001 μM IGF-1 or 1 μM insulin +/- 20 μM PI3K inhibitor LY294002. T cells were also exposed to SZ95 sebocyte supernatants which were pre-stimulated with IGF-1 or insulin. We found that 0.001 µM IGF-1 and 1 µM insulin activate the PI3K pathway in T cells leading to up-regulation of p-Akt and p-FoxO1 at 15 and 30 minutes. Nuclear FoxO1 was decreased and FoxO transcriptional activity was reduced. 0.001 µM IGF-1 and 1 µM insulin increased T cell proliferation but have no significant effect on Toll-like receptor2/4 (TLR) expression. Interestingly, supernatants from IGF-1- or insulin-stimulated sebocytes activated the PI3K pathway in T cells but reduced T cell proliferation. Taken together, this study helps to support that high glycemic load diet may contribute to induce activation of the PI3K pathway and increase of proliferation in human primary T cells. Factors secreted by IGF-1- and insulin-stimulated sebocytes induce the PI3K pathway in T cells and reduce T cell proliferation, which probably can reflect a protective mechanism of the sebaceous gland basal cells.

Get your estrogen under control, and if you have water retention get some aldactone. Also, longer esters help stabilize your levels. When I did Prop and ace I’d always break out at first, but not on the long esters.

Guys in their 20s think they follow a good diet.

Eating a shitload of Sugars/bad carbs and they break out in Acnee.

Diet is very crucial for health/acnee free.

u did 6 months of accutane and still have issues with acne? I did only one cycle of 40 days (with pharm grade one) and i ve never ever had acne... and that s what Kirs clark wrote in his books in the early 90's ..that s how I heard of accutane and thats how i got rid of acne forever,....

But water retention, especially in the face definitely sucks....It has a lot to do with genetics besides type of gear...I hold water with or without gear, just form the crabs, EQ definitely helped, but even at a low bf% as soon as I increase carbs i can see the retention...

Last edited:
Get your estrogen under control, and if you have water retention get some aldactone. Also, longer esters help stabilize your levels. When I did Prop and ace I’d always break out at first, but not on the long esters.

not sure if aldactone is a good idea...it does work but for the 10 days I took it felt some heaviness in my kidneys area...i m not even sure if bbers still use it....

Guys in their 20s think they follow a good diet.

Eating a shitload of Sugars/bad carbs and they break out in Acnee.

Diet is very crucial for health/acnee free.

Didn't you start a thread a few months ago mentioning that your doctor said your bloodwork was out of waco or that you were at risk of a heart attack if you didn't change your diet?

Didn't you start a thread a few months ago mentioning that your doctor said your bloodwork was out of waco or that you were at risk of a heart attack if you didn't change your diet?

Heart attack = High cholesterol.

This tread is about Acnee, which is a Estrogen problem, Nothing too do with High Cholesterol.

In fact i have high cholesterol and low estrogen.

My doctor was in furry because im eating 10 whole eggs per day and 1 pound of Lean ground beef for lunch.

Though i might eat 50G of carbs maximun per day with this.

Your in your 20s filled with Acnee, eating tons of simple sugar?

Whats your point?

Last edited:
Diet can 100% affect your skin/acne. Although with you it's likely more down to hormones. Test and dbol convert readily to estrogen especially if you are sensitive. Any fluctuations in hormones can cause acne and again diet can 100% contribute but I bet if you kept hormones relatively stable and controlled estrogen etc you wouldn't have as many issues.

Many get acne when they start or finish a cycle but on trt when levels are lower and relatively stable it isn't as bad for most but still very possible. Add in lot's of hormones and well no surprise to the sensitive individual. Do you get bloodwork done on trt through your doctor? Do you take an AI on trt? Many drop their AI and many times estrogen can climb even on low doses so another possible reason. If you ever binge on bad foods (especially sugar) that could contribute to things too.

Heart attack = High cholesterol.

This tread is about Acnee, which is a Estrogen problem, Nothing too do with High Cholesterol.

In fact i have high cholesterol and low estrogen.

First off acne is not always an estrogen issue. Next, High cholesterol has to do with inflammation in the body. It's that same inflammation, often caused by high glycemic carbs, (your diet) that can cause acne.

I will also attest to both myself and my husband, on keto no pimples at all, on carbs direct relation to how much break out how many carbs (dirty carbs even worse). For me around my face and for my husband back shoulders.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws